Make it happen Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Make it happen Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:20 am

Make it happen Monday
(This is the correct title for the day, since Twin's beat me to the enter button when we started our threads....Kathryn)

One "takeaway" from my DNA course from one instructor: "Don't wait for matches to occur, create them!"

He views dna testing as an active procedure, finding targeted people to test, persuading them, testing and then interpreting the results.

SO that's how we approach today: actively not passively.

What are your targeted plans and tasks?
How will you make them happen?
Did all go as expected?
Evaluate the results.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Make it happen Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:21 am

I've got to get moving. I can't blame jet lag this week.

I'm going to pull up my SHE system (mine's on Google Calendar) and make motions to at least complete today.

What motions are you doing today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: In Motion Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:25 am

I was out of bed by 7:15 but somehow little or no progress.

The kitchen is tidied, a load of laundry started and another queued up. I've laid out an outfit but I'm still not S2S.

I've had breakfast.

I've updated my bullet journal to the new week. That was depressing.

The brightest spot of the day is I found a missing earring. I thought it fell off yesterday but I must have taken it off at my desk to take a phone call, then gone out with only one on. By the time I removed the second one, also at my desk, the first was covered in papers. I think I only ever saw one at time when shifting things around on my desk, so I assumed I had lost one. Once I moved one of them to the bedroom, the fact the other was also on the desk was obvious when I moved some papers.

That anecdote gives you an idea of the paper situation here!

Twins' Mom

Re: Make it happen Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 am

I have a desk upstairs to use now, I need to make use of it and schedule some time up there for real work.

I have the 4 p.m once a month online discussion group this afternoon. Dh took my car today because his is in the shop. They are supposed to get a loaner for him, but probably not today. Waking up I realized I'm supposed to sleep over at the Family Promise church tonight with families - I called dd to remind her. SInce we're just there for the overnight we don't have to have a lot of contact with the families, so I think I'll be okay.

I need dump out a bunch of OMM stuff onto paper and get on with the day. I'm still using (technically speaking, not using much!) the Best self planner, I think it doesn't have a designated place for the brain dump. I need to make it work better for me.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:02 am

We have a merged PWYC today because Twins' Mom and Kathryn were great minds thinking alike. So enjoy both the idea of being in motion and making it happen. :) We seem to have ended up with Kathryn's title and Twins' Mom's initial post, so I'm not making the motion of my merges happen just right, but we're close.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:39 am

Hoping your 'night out' doesn't make you even sicker, Twins. I'm still battling. We are, however, going to go over to dh's db to wish him a happy birthday. Don't plan to stay long as I'm sure I'll be needing a nap. I coughed some during the night and was up to take cough med and a cough drop and some water. Been coughing up some this morning but not as bad as yesterday and I feel better than yesterday. Just don't want to overdo it and go back downhill again.

I do have the bed made and put away clean dishes from yesterday and washed dishes from last night and this morning. DD and I watched "Beauty and the Beast" on Net flix so we ate pretty late. Had the same thing for dinner as we had for lunch -real imaginative here. I really need to get to the grocery store but not sure I want to couple that with a trip to dbil/dsisil's. Maybe later in the day. Perhaps dd and I will go after she gets home for work -if she feels up to it.

Hoping dd will feel like helping me with our taxes tonight. We'll see. I would dearly like to get them sent off. There's one statement from dh's annuity that I don't have but it's been the same amount for 20 years. I'll let them know I haven't received it so they can resend it. While thinking about mail, I have 'informed delivery' and know that it showed a letter from a classmate which I know is our class reunion info. That was well over a week ago. I've decided that if I don't receive it by Wed/Thurs I'll try contacting him to see what was sent. Know last year ('16) we never received our info packet on health insurance until late January '17. Decision had to be made by Nov 8th. When it finally came, postmark was for mid-October. So much for forwarded mail.

Sun is out and it's supposed to be in the 70's all week I believe. Maybe some of these germs will go. DS-R and ddil are scheduled to fly into Tampa Saturday night. We plan to pick them up and stop at A pplebee's in Plant City (hoping dsonil can join us) for dinner. They have to be back at the Port of Tampa before noon on Monday for a cruise. DGS13 is staying with DS-A's family. They'll be sure he gets to school each day. Nice that they're taking some time for themselves. DDIL was diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer 8 years ago +. She had a double mastectomy and some lymph nodes removed.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:48 am

I am up have created my action plan. So I need to get moving today. I slept okey. We have clouds and wind with morning showers. I was glad I did my routines yesterday it helps with my week.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:53 am

I am getting there, Dee. I was really worn out last night but did feel more productive and had some energy to get things done. And same with my energy level this a.m. I woke up once with a coughing fit that woke dh up, and I went upstairs and slept after that.

I started a load of laundry - shirts that will hang to dry.

-s2s
-walk the dog
-get rid of 10 thing on downstairs desk
-fold and put away one of two loads of laundry
-write last feedback for Pro gen group

THis feels pretty ambitious actually.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:57 am

quick hi - heading out for younger dogs appointment. older dog has been have a problem and even though I let her out a lot and even at 2 in the morning she had an accident in the family room. Thank goodness not on the oriental rug. I will have to lock her out of there at night time while she has this problem. poor thing. This has been going on since she went to the vet. No correlation of course just what it is. ;)

time to get ready.

I am wishing you all a wonderful day!

My hope today: make dinner early, it's laundry room zone and day, kitchen swiffer rinse floors and clean fronts of cabinets etc. surface-ly.
also a flylady card: work on 15 minutes of declutter and clean the stove top and front well.
continue work on closet put away etc.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Make it happen Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Load one of laundry is finished. Load two is awaiting being hung up. Load three is waiting to give the washer a rest. I'll start it after lunch.

I've remade the bed with clean sheets, tidied the bedroom and s2s.

Watered the plants and wound the clock.

So stuff has happened. I'm having a rest and snack right now. I haven't yet filled in MyFitnessPal for the day. I should do that before I eat much more.

Return to “Post When You Can”