This minute Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: This minute Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:14 pm

The morning was a success, caring for a happy little girl. Only one bout of tears, :cry: from a clunk on the head at a corner of furniture, but chocolate almondmilk made things better quickly. :idea: Her mommy got 4 straight hours of sleep following a 13-hour night shift as (surprise) a sub RN in Emergency instead, because the hospital is more short-handed than expected. 4 hours sleep was exactly the plan, so I'm so glad I could help. Now she'll stay awake to have a more or less normal night's rest.

'this minute' update:
yesterday the thread inspired me and I went to phone and made appt. Kept it this afternoon, and am on track ahead of time with my responsibilities for extended family's bequest work. So, one thing tackled :arrow: when I started realizing I was dreading it. A lot better than deadline unhappiness.

That was added to afternoon errands for which I already had a '3 by 5 o'clock' card :
P. O.
bank
healthy foods store
done!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:18 pm

At the game now. Senators vs Predators, Twins nearest team.

They are warming up now. We're next to the owners' box. So I am checking out the suits. We're in jeans and sweaters. Not hockey sweaters. We don't own any jerseys. Bad fair weather fans, are we.

Our WF like store sells healthy food so I bought fruit and milk for a snack.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:54 pm

When do the olympIcs start .
Yea we are feeling better today.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:15 pm

I'm sorry, but I just have to share this. Better to ask forgiveness than permission, right?

DDIL sent following text:
Yesterday S asked me this question at breakfast. Although he normally is pretty direct & not one to stumble on his words, this question dragged on forever before he got it all out. It went like this & I was traumatized before he even finished. He asked, "When a man and a lady get married...uhmmmm...does the man....uhmmm....does he put...uhmmm...does the man...uhmmm...put his....uhmmmm does the man...when he gets married put his......uhmmmmm mother's ring on the lady's finger?" I was so relieved & we talked about heirloom jewelry.
Since dgs5 rides the bus to kindergarten she half expected the worst. :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:17 pm

Enjoy the hockey game for us. Dh is going to one again with dd tomorrow night in Orlando. She was on the computer last night and got the dreaded blue screen just into the first period. They wrote all the data on paper while she tried to get it up and running again. It was into the second period before that happened as when she got it back, it of course wanted to do updates and she had no control. They've been telling corporate for some time that they need a new computer.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:18 pm

Lots of Preds fans here. Dfriend M’s sister is huge into it.

I got to the Y w M for a workout, then dh and I went out to eat. I had a wonderful lamb burger w/o the bun and grilled veggies. And two bites of dh’s dessert.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:58 pm

Kathryn-in-Canada wrote:From Lucylee last night:

a new-found philosophy for me: THE MINUTE YOU START TO DREAD THE TASK, DO THE TASK IMMEDIATELY.

What are you dreading now?

Made a start on a dreaded K cupboard.
Behind one door and slightly beyond that, 2 shelves.
Things out, one way or another.
Donations washed, dried, boxed and departed with helper.
Bin accepted some offerings.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”