This minute Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

This minute Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:31 am

From Lucylee last night:

a new-found philosophy for me: THE MINUTE YOU START TO DREAD THE TASK, DO THE TASK IMMEDIATELY.

What are you dreading now?

blessedw2

Re: This minute Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:33 am

I love that advice! thanks for sharing Lucy's quote d Kathryn

Good morning d kathryn!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:35 am

dreading - always exercise (silly because I have always liked being active in the past but I always always make it something to dread) Once I get started i enjoy it. That's why I am so out of shape now.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:38 am

Perhaps the reason this resonated so much with me is that I'm dreading all the furniture coming into the apartment today so I started rearranging my own furniture while having my tea this morning.

Actually, I started with unpacking all the stuff I grabbed from the other apartment after Christmas and took photos so I can inventory it. Then I packed it away again, more neatly, put the shelves on the bookcase we had grabbed and then stacked things in an orderly fashion on that. That made room for the bookcase that's downstairs right now waiting to move in here.

I also opened up my 'storage area' behind the wardrobe in the living room, pulled out the bin of items for the refugees and moved into some smaller items from my living room (child's rocker, footstool) which will help make room for the 4 seater couch.

Finally, I got a call from the woman who donated everything and she is taking the 2 wing chairs after all so that's 2 less pieces to come into the apartment. Woot!

Next up, make my dining table smaller, swing it and the carpet back to 'normal' (I have them both diagonally across the room right now) and that will make room for the love seat to be in the dining room.

Now to get W and ds to come over at the same time to help us move the furniture. Just the couch and loveseat will be difficult. Everything else should get through doors without being tilted.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:39 am

I'm still dreading the furniture but at the moment my next task is to get dressed for the day and then vacuum and dust the living/dining rooms. I'm too hot in my bathrobe. It is freezing cold outside but the apartment is warm so I'm too hot.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am

dd younger and I were going to go downtown but now I am not sure as the snow is supposed to start at 6 pm. I am not sure if it will be a good idea.

A lot depends on the radar. now it's only supposed to be 3 - 5 inches to higher depending where the weather band is - they are thinking in some areas it could be 10" but I know from the past you can't count on it.

heading out for another cup of coffee
I already emptied the dw

wishing you all a wonderful day!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:42 am

Hi everyone!

I need to take those papers over to the bank. I also need to pick up some stuff to make fajitas.

Garbage and recycling have made the trip down the driveway and the garbage truck has already come by.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:21 am

Morning...:

Perry is on and the bug man is here. Willis is lying underneath me and trapped by my feet. He gets exicited when the bug man shows up so I am keeping Willis here till he’s gone.

Already been up and have done my morning routines. Dinner is a repeat from last night so that’s taken care of.

It’s desk day for me. I need to address some bills and make a few phone calls. Other than that my day is pretty free. It’s gonna be a warm on again today, we’re 15 degrees above normal at 83*.

I had my tootsies done yesterday ... it’s not a pride thing, but rather necessary one. The salon where I go cleans up my toes so much better than I can now that I’m older. And now they feel so much better.

Kathryn ...good luck with the furniture moving.

Off for my second cup of coffee. Waving to y’all .
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:45 am

good day to you all again!

put dishes in dw and it is running now even though I had to grab every pet bowl to fill it up for a load.
sink is filthy right now - I pulled the recycling and tossed the stuff from inside it to compost bowl for bin but I have to wash the containers.
and clean the sink
2 loaves of banana bread are in the oven right now.
typed up my version of a soup/stew recipe we had last night. (I will print it even though it's saved on the computer) so exciting 8-)
They are saying now that snow will start at 6 pm - there is a speaker on egyptian art - I am not a big egypt fan but I thought it might be interesting. I was also thinking of stopping by the New berry library

hi d rose wonderful - you got your morning routines done! I totally agree about a pedicure. I don't like nail polish as dd older does but I like doing this once a month with her. I started my mom last summer and she was surprised how nice it was and how well they did her toesies.

hi d Cathy - good luck on getting to the bank. fajitas sound great.
wonderful on getting those things out to the driveway

wishing every one a special day.

while the banana bread is cooking I will finish my morning routine. I am beginning to think after the last couple days that I can't get it all done but I know that I have phases like this where things take longer than they should. Frustrating but not the end of the world. This too shall pass. :D

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:56 am

I had my tootsies done yesterday ... it’s not a pride thing, but rather necessary one. The salon where I go cleans up my toes so much better than I can now that I’m older. And now they feel so much better.
Dh and I had ours done yesterday too, same reasons. We feel it's very reasonable -$10 each plus a tip. Funny thing was that our hairdresser is also there and she told us to 'come on back'. But when I talked to her last week she had said she couldn't do our haircuts yesterday as she had a color. But for some reason she had us in her book. So dh had his toenails cut and went back for his haircut and I followed suit. Made our next appointment for just before dh goes north next month. 5 weeks. Where HAS the winter gone. Most of it I'm afraid has been 'under the weather'.

Dh had a voice mail from someone who used to be at our campground wanting us to meet them next Thursday or the following Monday at the strawberry place in Plant City. I'm not really gung ho on meeting this group and we have enough trouble trying to get to see the people we want to see this winter. Besides if I'm not mistaken the strawberry festival starts around then and the strawberry 'joint' will be closed. Doesn't matter dh has hockey games -3 in a row with dd.

Had a night of 'sweats' and just not feeling great. Went to bed at 8:30 and wasn't up (for good) until nearly 8:30 this morning. I thought my chest was relatively clear -not so. But think it is now TMI.

I've cleaned the kitchen, put away groceries that I bought late yesterday and have a LOL going in the dryer twin. Trying to accomplish some things today and get some steps in. My weight has seemed to just creep up a bit during all this sick time. Absolutely want to get it off -at least 10 pounds by the time I go home in 3 1/2 months!!! That's certainly doable if I stick to it. Need to get back to "My fitness pal". Know I did better on that.

DD is going to Trivia tonight but I still feel like I shouldn't go. Sure it would be too much for me. We never get home much before 10:20 or so. It will be a good 2 months or better by the time I do get back there.

Been meaning to ask how Sweetie is, RR. That whole episode was certainly scary. So glad he had a good 'alert mate'!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”