This minute Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: This minute Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Vacuuming and mopping are done. The apartment looks spectacular except for one bin.

Dee: I'm expert at absorbing things into my space having done it with my parents things back at the house, then dh's parents' a year later. Then with the first two refugee families here. Of course, I have a very large space to work with but what freaked me out about this particular stuff is it is coming from the exact same space as mine. Therefore when I saw how much was in that living room and how filled it was, it was hard to imagine being able to put the things into my living/dining rooms. But I will succeed! Even the round end table that needlessly takes up too much space!

I have no housing responsibilities for the final refugee family (they are going to live with his sister) so this is it. On April 10 I will have my own home back. I've already told CM that I will not be hosting Easter. There will be room to host my immediate family, though, so we'll see what we decide to do.

I'm going to fill in my food log for the rest of the day and then go eat my lunch. I don't know what it will be until I'm done filling in my dinner.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:31 pm

i think dh is beginning to worry maybe because I am doing my Evil laugh D elizabeth :D 8-)

good morning d elizabeth I am glad your skin is less red and sorry that the benedryl is making you tired! Sounds like you had fun at dinner with the cat coordinators family. I hope you have a lovely dinner with your dd and still be able to get the things you want to get done - done - without stress.

feeling a bit frustrated at dd younger as we had planned on going downtown but it is too late now especially wth people leaving early from work to avoid the snow traffic. dd younger could not get up which is weird -I and dh tried multiple times and normally she would be up herself. I don't know yet what is going on with her body today - I will find out when she comes down. she told dh she really wanted to go but we can't now. I know it's health related but I am frustrated bc I really wanted to go. Next time I will have to tell her ahead of time that I will just go if she is not up and not to feel bad that she isn't feeling well. Her heart wanted to go but her body said no.

so now a new plan of attack. Dh is walking back and forth - he has his oncology ENT yearly visit and it always weighs on his mind. I know he is nervous so maybe it is better that I didn't go downtown.

waving at d twins!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:57 pm

Taking a break for lunch. Homeschool has been smooth sailing this morning.

RE: Lentils - yes I just cooked a pot of those last time. I don't cook them often because no one will eat lentils except me. Everyone loves pinto beans and will eat them almost daily if given the opportunity.

This afternoon is typical Thursday activities - DS9 to school to meet with the speech pathologist. Then taking DS9 to his chiropractor appt. My volunteer gig at the school is on pause because of the flu rampage. The school isn't closed this week (yet?) but they are limiting activities. I've heard some school are checking kids for fever before the child is allowed to enter the building. If the child has a fever then they are sent home.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Donna's Lifestyle

Postby Donna's Lifestyle » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Stopping in to say Hi
On the day I needed to get up early I slept in. Got the morning stuff done,it is my heavy cleaning day the bathrooms are scrubbed, should try to get the carpets vacuumed, and floors mopped,will most likely put it off till tonight as DGRK"s have a half day at school, I need to leave here in about a hour to watch them. I think I have Dh talked into grabbing something for dinner, if not we have plenty of leftovers.
Tomorrow I will be leaving early to meet my DBro at parents house and we will begin setting up their lower level for the party Saturday, my DBor and Dsisnl will be flying in later in the afternoon, the rest of my sibs will join us for pizzas and B-day cake later in the day, and a lot of reminiscing.
Saturday we are expecting close to 35 people, his kids/spouses all his Grandkids/spouses and all 13 Great Grandkids who range in age from 13 to 3 months and a few church friends...it will be alot of work but alot of fun :)
So I will be back Sunday to tell you all about it. Then nearly 6 weeks into the new year, :shock: I will begin in full force to hopefully get all my 2018 projects done.
Be Back Sunday:)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:13 pm

I agree, Elizabeth, on dgd18. And the funny is that Roberts is the college that her dmom was hoping for her to attend in the first place. Go figure. But of course they never want to do what the parent thinks is best, right? :lol: Know she'll love it there. It too, is a Christian college. DGD22 graduated from nursing there last May.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:46 pm

Thankfully ds is on his way here so we'll have help moving furniture.

I did the ironing. I didn't exactly dread the chore but I dreaded looking at the pile each day (it got moved to the dining room when the dryer duct was being looked at.)

Lunch is done and cleaned up. I've done a bit of kitchen cleaning and put a new mop head on my spinning mop.

Tool I love: the spinning mop. You guys loved it and you weren't wrong. Today I mopped almost all the floors (not just the tile but the wood floors too.) It made the mopping longer than 20 minutes but it sure makes the apartment look better since it gets up a lot of dust the vacuum leaves behind.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:01 pm

I don't really love my spin mop. Probably the brand it is. I love how the floor dries so quickly after I use it, but for scrubbability and getting under things and up on the baseboards, ah no.

blessed, good luck with DH and the egg dishes! Here DH takes his dish to the sink and sprays it with the separate spray nozzle which gets any gunk off but he never actually washes them. He sets it beside the sink. Couple weeks ago I bought one of those hand sponge things with the soap I put in the handle. I told him, after you spray, give it a swipe with the sponge thing and rinse and it'll be all done. Has he ever done this, even once? No. Well I guess I'm lucky he does what he does.

So, this morning I went over our tax packages. Personal taxes were submitted online. Then the business one gets sent in. I went over both packets and some I understand, a lot I don't. But I trust my CPA. Get this: our business taxes were 18 pages long. Our personal taxes were 41! :shock: I'm sure glad I don't attempt to do this myself. Especially with the house sale this year, that alone was a lot of those pages.

Today was errand day. I don't have a specific day, if I need to go out I try to do all the things I can think of that day. First I went to the post office with the business taxes, then to 3 stores looking for something. I would have stopped at the library but I'd gotten lunch along the way and slopped a bunch of that on my shirt, so I just put the book in the outside bin.

I'm always pretty bushed once I've been out. I know it was a lot of steps. I noticed when I got back DH had a little box on the table, the new sending notice for the oil gauge. Crossing my fingers this fixes our problems.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Harmony: mine doesn't scrub either but I toss down a scrubby and push down on the mop, or just use the scrubby directly. There isn't much it doesn't get up but we aren't too messy. You're right about upper baseboard lip but I have another method of dealing with those (push lots of furniture up against walls!)

The refugee furniture is in my apartment now.

We'll leave for dinner shortly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Just finished dinner. We got behind schedule because a neighbour stopped by and I invited him to come in for a chat. Pastoral care.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:59 pm

I have done errands. Dropped off donations. Picked up lunch. WalIed ddog at a park. Taking it a bit easier today.

Return to “Post When You Can”