Two Minute Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Two Minute Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:54 pm

you are a sweetie pie d dee!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:04 pm

counters cleaned, swiped the stove top, all the recycling washed
dh and I are trying to go back to the old days where we used paper bags instead of plastic - we are trying to reduce our garbage output
also trying to cut our food budget by half (I tend to go for fancy smachy stuff) 2 x 15 minutes done

I want to go to a different part of the house but I noticed a gross area above the stove (saw it building last week) - the cabinets and wall above the stove are disgusting. I could put it off but I bet it will only take a short time.
I also have to send out recipe for old family dish to family.

next: Kitchen

wash off the cabinet and wall above stove only took 9 minutes :D
brought out other rolling cart - I decided I don't need to keep everything on my kitchen table. I have a really nice kitchen rolling cart from container store and placed my files, card files etc (which are continually cleaned) on the cart - I also have my sewing machine on the chair as I continually work on projects and repairs. :D in 15 minutes done
(small area)
print out family recipe :D
dust
vacuum
swiffer rinse
(I want to wash the fronts of the cabinets as they need it but I will put it to monday)
make wedding soup, terrine, apple bread as I have 5 apples that need using.
cut up chicken and put in marinade for tomorrow.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:45 pm

Went back to bed messed up the flow of my day. Sigh oh well. I did catch the info. In the O. winter games and opening ceramony. Thanks saw some skating last nite. I have laundry in the dryer, have been plugging away on my a m stuff.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:14 pm

I'm now s2s. Yes I know it is 3pm my time. On the plus side, I visited my colorist and shaved my legs, plucked eyebrows and put on makeup. Just to see if I look better with it. I don't think I do.

The tablecloth I bleached looks pretty good. I have not found the stains. The hockey sweater looks great. I hope it doesn't fit the little guy so I can save it for dgs.

I miss dgs. He won't be back until Sunday afternoon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:18 pm

finished 3 x 15's took care of getting traditional family recipe typed and copied for others (made envelope for d mom as well). (this took me years to do and little real time to accomplish)
d mom's envelope ready for mailing

made copies of recipes needed and put them back into the america's test kitchen book (it has been out of it for 1 year) and got warn out and lost a couple times. I made a copy for dd younger and an extra that I put in cook book -
put away the recipe for noodles back in the correct cookbook

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:58 pm

I’m back from doing my errands. It takes twice as long to do anything around here this time of the year because our population swells between 250,000 -350,000 do to the snowbirds.

I was not disappointed. The library was a sea of people. And I knew it would be crazy because it’s a Friday as well. When I got to Cosco the parking lot was filled and it looks like it usually does at Christmas time. The sampler areas were packed with people who look like they hadn’t eaten in a month. They were shopping carts all over the place and people just running into each other.

After I finish with Costco I headed to the grocery store and found the same. Between it being Friday and Valentines weekend everybody just seem to want to buy everything. Needless to say I’m glad to be home.

When I got home I did that dreaded thing first. After putting away all my groceries I took time to wrap my meat and put it in the freezer and clean my vegetables and put them in the refrigerator. Boy am I glad to have that done

Sweetie is off to see his doctor for a check up from his surgery. And when he gets home I’ll make his favorite dinner of chicken rice and broccoli. I believe he could eat that five nights a week.

I was able to make all of my calls before I left for my errands this morning. I now have something to do every day of next week. I have two doctors appointments but also a luncheon with my friends on Friday so at least I’ll be some fun thrown in.

For the moment Willis and I are just vegging out...soon will be time to make dinner and then I’m like Nancy and going to be watching the Olympics tonight y’all have a good evening bye.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Per dh.. I need to read our local city notice...our library has decided to stop using books- a few but mostly electronic -- i Love holding a good book. My favourite thing when my d kiddo's were little was reading them a book. They already cut their books in half and I have to admit I was so disappointed when I saw the "new" library - huge huge play area for kids but the children books are a smaller section. other areas completely cut in half.

my paperwork looks and is spiffy.

I am thinking of each and everyone of you! :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:50 pm

Blessed: I listened to this article on the radio about how libraries are adjusting to meet the needs of the community.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/spark/383-dange ... -1.4516679

There's a "listen" link for you.

Not a good afternoon here. Dh eventually was able to take down the network completely and bring it back up with the router I picked up Wednesday. In theory, it will make the computer faster at my desk and on the Bluray player for Netflix. He had a very hard time figuring it all out.

In the meantime, I put the new toner in and did something wrong and it won't print. The old toner does print but I needed to print things clean. So we've physically put our backup printer next to my desk and I plug it in when I need to print. It draws way too much electricity to be kept turned on and plugged in all the time. So I got my print job done.

My desk is a huge mess, though and my mind is as well. I need about 5 hours of quiet to get my head straight.

Still have a sermon to write.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:55 pm

Library going electronic??? Oh no! I do NOT like so many aspects of this modern technology... sad...

Well, ladies... today I have been a perfect example of What NOT To Do.
Really.
I am not s2s and I have done nothing but sleep and play on my phone all day. I think I’m in rebellion after 3 days with dgrands — plus I have a headache and dh is sick. He has slept all day too. We are worthless today.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:01 pm

Art day for me did a rock drop. Drew in my sketch journal have been inking those in how fun for me. H got off early, he works in the morning. Not doing much this weekend waiting on new cards to come bc of fraud alert. Oh well not much going on. I walked the dog, made pudding.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”