Two Minute Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Two Minute Friday

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:52 am

There are two parts to the 2–Minute Rule…

Part 1 — If it takes less than two minutes, then do it now.

Part 2 — When you start a new habit, it should take less than two minutes to do.

If you want to read more about these 2-minute rules = found here
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Two Minute Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:23 am

Thank you for starting us off!

We got to the arena parking lot early and had our choice of parking spots. I commented that people were parking by the exit and walking the long distance to avoid the line up getting out. He chose to park closest to the arena. Fast forward to the end of the game. We were about 20 minutes getting out of the lot, after taking almost 20 to walk to the car (we exited out on the wrong side of the arena so had to walk around the building.) Next time, we'll park close to the exit!

Our team won in overtime. We would have won in regulation time except within the first minute of play we scored on ourselves. Sigh.... In the last couple minutes of the regulation time, Nashville scored to tie up the game but they deserved to score since they were pushing hard, so much so that I looked to see if my team had a penalty and was playing a man short. They weren't but Nashville was playing like they had an extra player, they dominated for at least 10 minutes.

We were up until midnight although we were home quickly once we got off the road next to the parking lot.

I'm up because there's so much to do.

I've got the living room back in order except for my regular mess. So there are piles of paper but the furniture is all in place and it doesn't look too bad.

The dining room still needs the shelves put on the bookcase. It will look better if I do that, even if I'm not putting anything on the shelves. Then I'll pull out a table cloth and see if the larger shelves, piled with stuff, look better if I cover them up by hanging the cloth in front to block the view.

Two minute tasks: I'll have to think on that. I don't think I have any left. Even the shelves will take longer than that.

I sent a prayer to my friend whose sister is dying. They are close to the end now. I've been sending her prayers all through this since first diagnosis. Although the funeral will be a long way away, I'm considering going to support my friend and her family. Will think on that. I shouldn't have the time for a 2 day trip but I'm feeling a strong longing to do so.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:44 am

Morning y’all....

Up early as I couldn’t sleep last might ... had an early morning headache which is almost gone. Hope it stays that way.

My home is perfect this morning. I am really concentrating on putting things away immediately after I use it. Remember a few weeks ago when I redid many of my drawers, closets and cabinets? I am happy to report they still look the same way which tells me I put everything in its proper place. I love it because it’s soneasy to find things.

My office continues to remain my hot spot mainly because I end up working late into the evening and then am too tired to straighten it up when I’m ready to go to bed. However my desk drawers and closet which inoverhauled a while back look exactly like it did where I reorganized it. That makes me happy as well.

Still have some left over work from yesterday but that’s because I ended up working in my closet while putting away my laundry. It’s been so warm here that I decided to put away some of my winter stuff which meant I needed to launder them first. Once dry I rolled and stacked them in a storage box. Then I labeled the box and put it n the garage.

Blessed...when I cook or bake I consider clean up as part of the process, not a separate event, so my dishes and such get washed right away. Before I start cooking/baking I fill my sink with hot soapy water and put utencils and such in the sink when I finish using them. I do the same with things like flour, sugar and stuff like that as soon as I come to a point that I can... with all that being done it makes clean up for me much simpler.

And with yesterday’s...do what you dread as soon as you feel it that’s the way I attack dinner cleanup as soon as we finish eat. I usually want to sit down away from the dinner stuff for just a minute so I can catch my breath, but I know from experiences if I do this, I will dread it even more.

Harmony... I have one of those dish soap sticks and love mine.

Looking into an instant pot... any suggestions?

Looks like I will be doing a library/grocery and small Cosco run today...
Waving to y’all... off to get my second cup of coffee and Perry
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:03 am

Wow it's quiet around here today.

Bills to the mailbox. Took some time to get valentines to the grandkids in the mail. Took a while to write all the notes and a letter to my cousin in Arizona. My cousin out there is a card sender and sends cards and letters for every one of the holidays.

Worked on my pinecone wreath. Had brought it in late January but wanted to fix it before I put it away in the garage. Got the hot glue gun out and glued one pinecone back in its space. Then I found another space. I guess I'll go down the street and try to find another cone the right size. Does this count as creative?

For Nancy: The olympic opening ceremonies are tonight. Last night they had some skating and skiing and curling on some of the stations. I'm always amazed at the pristine floors on the curling court. Wish it looked that way around here!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:38 am

Tall bookcase is covered with a table cloth. Dh says it looks better.

Got distracted:

Found a stained table cloth that is too small for my table while looking for a cloth so started to the stain in bleach.

While in the office bathroom getting bleach, found the mop head from yesterday soaking in Oxy clean. I dumped that and put it in hot water to soak.

Got the table cloth soaking.

Pulled out the snow jacket and hockey sweater for the littlest refugee and started to work on the hockey sweater stains. While doing that on one side of my double sink, I note the ivory lace table cloth is turning white where it is soaking. Turn the bleach water into the sink, fill with hot water and dunk the whole table cloth which turns white. Except for the stains.

I'm still not dressed so I'll s2s now. I need to write a sermon.

Don't make any progress on the hockey sweater, the front stains came out fine but there are several on the back so leave it to soak some more. Turn my attention to the snow jacket. Its marks appear to come out immediately. I put it and the kitchen linens in the washer.

Rinse the table cloth and treat with Resolve. Do the same for the hockey sweater. Throw those into the washer on hot with the kitchen linens are we'll see what happens.

Washer is running now.

Note: none of those things were two minutes, nor were they things I dreaded (I didn't even know about the table cloth!)

If the cloth comes clean, I'll give it to the refugees for their table. If I ruined it, so be it. It was already unusable. Same with the hockey sweater.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:16 pm

I'm trying to picture a 'tall bookcase covered with a tablecloth', Kathryn. And this was because????

Dh is just getting ready to take dsonil's 'Bug' to the place they did the oil change a couple of weeks ago as he now has an oil leak. Think dsonil is supposed to stop by pretty soon. I was a bit confused as to how he was getting here, but I guess he's driving his Mom's car (which has now been signed over to him). Ah - ha! now I understand. Dh is taking the bug to get fixed, dsonil will be driving his Mom's car and dd will be driving the 'bug' once it's fixed. It gets far better gas mileage than her jeep.

I need to get to W M sometime between now and the time DS-R & ddil get here tomorrow. Need to buy shrimp for 'shrimp boil packets' on Sunday. We have the potatoes, corn, polish sausage. Know dks all like that and we do too. Bought the andouille sausage for DS & ddil -they like theirs spicy hot.

I need to go do something with my hair -either I wash it or I need to moisten and style. I wake up with such 'bed head' every day. Had it done on Wednesday and by yesterday morning, you'd never know.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:44 pm

yesterday was a wash - I took a nap that lasted to a nights sleep almost - I didn't do one evening routine, the house is a clutter and it looks like I never cleaned. I think I "needed" a day off yesterday - and trying to convince myself I needed to continue working was not a good idea. I never would have made it on the Edwardian farm time or any other time 8-) .

So now I have to face what I wouldn't yesterday but now it seems like so much more work.
Dd older is working from our house today because she didn't want to be stuck in the city when the snow hit. We got about 8 to 10 inches which isn't a lot but it did make driving bad and they closed our schools bc they thought the roads would be bad.

I don't have time to stop and say individually yet but I really want to hear about your day so I should be able to check in later on.
I am going to dress like a professional - s2s - as if I was a house manager of the manor - as they had in the old british tv programs 8-) :D . (not the outfit though lol, but that the manor ran smoothly because of one woman) So off to s2s and being focused. (keeping fingers crossed)

dh is outside plowing the front driveway

I am going to be super annoying 8-) and posting probably everything I am doing with each timer ring :shock: sorry
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:05 pm

15 minutes: emptied dw and refilled from last night this morning (no clean sink last night) dishes washing themselves
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:14 pm

Dee: picture this - a large bookcase in a dining room. Loaded up with stuff - garbage can, stool, backpacks, boxes with stuff in them. Between it and the wall, three stacked moving boxes and then 6 new pillows stacked on top almost to the height of the bookcase. When you walk into the room, it looks jarring. By draping table cloth over both the bookcase and stack of pillows/boxes, you now see a 'drape' instead of a pile of stuff. Dh thinks it looks better. I'm not completely sure but it does look neater.

I'm still not s2s. Sigh... No motivation after a good day yesterday.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Kathryn, aha! Thank you.

Post away blessedw2. If it gets it done, it's bonafide. I'm trying the 2-minute goal on several things. Amazing how much one can get done -still amidst coughing. :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”