Two Minute Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Two Minute Friday

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi to all.

blessed, I liked the way you tackled your day.

Dee, that was well said:

If it gets it done, it's bonafide.

Sorry to hear you are still coughing.

Ramblin' that's a hurdle to grocery shopping, for sure.

I have had a good day, although a bright idea I had, never got off the ground, and now it's Friday evening, so it waits until Monday. Maybe I wasn't meant to do that until I thought it through.

Also healthy habits were good today, encouraged by the week's wise grocery shopping/planning and the scale.

My only rush - An email this a.m., with a photograph of an invoice :roll: , asked me to write a check on behalf of the church to pay someone who evidently did roof work a while back and expected to be paid already. Sigh. The invoice wasn't forwarded to me and I didn't know. HRH said, "lack of prior planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on your part". But, I thought about it and hurried and got a check into the mailbox before carrier arrived. I responded to email, too, in case a phone call saying, "the check's in the mail" would help.

It's 7:45 here, and feels strange to see the dark but really have a few hours in which I could accomplish something. Does anyone else have this "it's night now" feeling and stop moving much earlier in wintertime than they might in summertime?

I think I'll get a load of laundry in, to try for that "there's time" feeling I have in daylight.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:38 pm

Looking into an instant pot... any suggestions?

I've had this one since 2012 and use it several times a week. It has been a workhorse without giving an ounce of problem.
I also have this one. I got it because it had some features that my other one didn't (larger & has ability to can). I have had it for a year and have used it about a dozen times when my other instant pot is busy.

I spent 9 hours in town today. Most of it with DGS21. He brings this Nana much joy. He worked until noon and then prepared lunch for me = Blackened salmon, asparagus, mushrooms, potatoes & salad. He cooking skills are improving. It was wonderful He gave me a gift today because he said no one should have a naked laptop. :roll: :lol: He ordered vinyl lettering in my favorite color with a saying that I say all the time (Have Some Fun).
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:59 pm

I have yhe IP 6 qt bought it slightly used from a friend. Works great for the two of us. I like that is has the stanless pot. I do not cook whole chickens so this size is perfect for us, mostly I cook eggs in it to devil.

I have seen info. Mercials on other brands that look great with the icons on the buttons. Our son got a used one not sure if they have used it yet. Get a cook book, or mag. For IP or timing chart when you get it. I wish mine had a see through lid.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:26 pm

What is up with so many of us sleeping all day? I was feeling weird, like I might be trying to come down with a headache. So I ate something and then took an aleve and laid down in the living room for a bit. Was just resting nicely when DH came in from working and started his non-stop phone conversations. I trundled off to bed and just woke up. about 7 hours of sleep. And I feel ok now. Probably wouldn't have gotten awake but I was dressed and under the blankets and too hot.

We get the snowbird thing here too. From October through the beginning of April the restaurants are clogged, stores are more crowded and what I hate most is the traffic on the roads. It's getting worse and worse. Plus our community is planning on getting bigger. A couple companies are coming in to build big resort-type complexes and I can't imagine the changes there will be. One is very close to where we live.

I have the Olympic parade on next to me. I just love the ladies in white carrying the signs. They look so elegant!

Lots didn't get done today. Didn't empty the DW. I did help DH a little in the garage where he figured out how to get the gauge sending unit out of the car and the new one installed. I came in and looked it up in our manual book because he was having problems getting the wire off, but by the time I realized it wasn't in there he had it done. Short test drive around the neighborhood shows that there isn't any oil pressure problems and everything is working great again. So I guess we're stuck with this old car for a while longer.

Guess I need to eat something. I missed dinner.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:05 am

hello again = and sweet dreams
dinner dishes drying
counters cleaned love and sink spiffy - table cleaned
pot of soup in three season room 38 degrees
to be frozen tomorrow
vacuumed kitchen and swiffer rinsed
bills done
spending listed
letter written
all using the timer at 15 minutes at a time

watched the olympics opening w dd's and our burgage of animals 8-)

sweet dreams!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:17 am

I enjoyed the Oly. Opening festivities. Worked some on the after dinner routine. It is nearly time to begin my before bed routine.

I like the pbs show 800 words in tbe sumner setting refreshing after a colder day.

I have a few ideas of what I can do in the morning, colorist is one option. :mrgreen:
I have laundry current yea! Dish washer is going.

Return to “Post When You Can”