Olympic Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Olympic Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:00 am

“The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part; the essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well.”
- Pierre de Coubertin (primarily responsible for the revival of the Olympic Games in 1894)

So we're not winning the Olympics today but we're taking part in all that we do as homemakers, wives, mothers, friends, sisters, and all the different roles we play.

So let's "fight" well and have an Olympic-size Saturday.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Olympic Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:17 am

I got on up because I need to get a quick start today. After two weeks of "forgetting" dh has the "Junk King" guys coming today to get stuff, when I already have a busy day going.

We have friends coming for dinner tonight, I guess that's why he decided today to get it all gone. :?

I need to get my list made and get out running errands so I can be home at 11 a.m.
Errands:
-post office
-grocery
-visit dmom
-drop off corrugated at recycle center

Right now:
-change clothes, brush teeth
-breakfast/meds
-walk ddog? if not raining
-list
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:09 am

I am up early, no Olympics on yet. I have done a journal entry, worked on a few page set ups on my art journal. I need to work on my daily stuff. Breakfast is done fed hens next up. Colorist in my future. Dog could use a bath as well.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:36 am

I'm up and done my "morning coughing" and had breakfast. Pretty well finished sprucing up throughout. Kind of 're-made' our bed. Turned the comforter around so it covered our sheet. Need to Swiffer our bathroom though. Then I'll head to the kitchen to do up the few dishes and just spruce that a little bit.

DD and dh got to talk to some people after the hockey game last night. They noticed dh's Rochester Americans shirt and stopped. DD had noticed a name (last) that she recognized on the Wheeling, VA roster but didn't think much of it. Actually it was the parents and sister and her dh (the Wheeling hockey player) of one of dd's Junior team members in Rochester. We were all at their house several times during those years. Took them a minute to recognize dd but did. They'll be there tomorrow and Monday as well -but none of us will. DS-R and DDIL come in later today and we're spending tomorrow with them and taking them back to the Port of Tampa Monday morning. Haven't even told dbil/dsisil that they're coming in -just in case something happened to their travel plans. Then Tuesday 2 of our nieces -one from CA and one from SC- are coming in Tuesday. Busy week. Then some people from our campground wanted to meet us at Parkesdale's (strawberries) in Plant City Thursday or Monday. Told dh that I'd just as soon not put that on our plate. Besides he'll be going to hockey on the 2 days they mentioned. We're having enough trouble trying to see the friends we WANT to see.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:47 am

Morning....

I am in bed drinking my coffee and watching tv. I had terrible leg cramps last night and need to get up for a dose of yellow mustard. My leg and ankle muscles are sore and have them wrapped in my electric blanket using it as a huge heating pad. I’ve been taking magnesium and potassium to help.

I need to get my slow cooker going because I have a new recipe to make for Sweetie. Also a bunch of bananas that are ripe so I see banana bread in Sweeties future.

Off to start my day... waving to y’all...last night I did the “ dreaded” stuff right before I turned out the lights last night and this morning I woke to a beautiful home. Love it :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:28 pm

Good morning, dear friends. Olympic-size greetings!

Morning Daily Card is done well. Small laundry loads, so I felt I was running back and forth, lol. Tobias helping, sitting on his perch at k/lr doorway, expecting a pet each time I pass. If you asked him, he would say he is guarding the lr window against squirrels. And if I hear a scrambling noise, and possibly something falling, I'll know he has engaged the enemy.

HRH slept so poorly last evening that he is napping. He has tv on a loop of old shows so the low noise will keep my noise from waking him and I can go freely from closet to laundry.

Started the new batch of mung bean sprouts using a few of the ideas I've learned, but not on the larger scale. "Onion bag" type net at bottom with no-bleach natural paper toweling over that. :idea: The theory is that the beans have a more natural place/direction for all the roots to turn and hold together, so they grow uniformly with plenty of upward space. Will try an extra watering every day, but not the bit about getting up in the night.

Have gotten several papers of one kind or another ready for church.

I know I'll be back to music point-man tomorrow, which is probably fortunate because we are doing an unfamiliar 7-verse Psalm and a complicated piece that dd said she tried in practice but couldn't learn well. I remember both (both occupying dusty space in the drawers of my antique brain ;) ) and know how to enlarge on the copier, which will help my eyes and our tenor's. I used a ruler to line through the verse we are not doing so we won't get mixed up there. Tenor doesn't know how much he's going to appreciate me! lol He is still fighting the bifocal wars. :shock:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:44 pm

I got errands run, also stopped off at Drugstore for some analgesic cream for an ache in my back, at the right side at my waistline. I woke up with it. :?

The Junk King people called while I was still at grocery and I told them they were not due until 11. :shock: They were waiting in my driveway when I got home, so at least that stuff is gone. It wasn't high on my priority list for today however.

I also responded to am email from a cousin.

Next five:
-put away groceries
-move my car to right side of driveway (Junk King was there when I got home.)
-brush and floss :oops: forgot to do before I left
-chop onions and get the lasagne sauce going
-clear kitchen table, there are four of us so we'll use it tonight

I am still loading FTDNA files to Genome mate pro. On no 16 of 32, so I'm half way through. It's taken a week to get this far.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi!

I'm down with the flu. At least I think it's the flu. Weak, can't keep anything down, sleeping. it started Friday morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Oh no, Cathy! I didn't have any tummy involvement with the flu. The other thing that's going around is the noroviruses. https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/comm ... _sheet.htm

The ground beef and onions are browning so that's at least underway. Dh has been wearing me out, we got a text from a friend inviting us to go out for brunch tomorrow a,n, and I think he wants to go but I keep saying I don't care to. Then he called and he's going shopping with dd this afternoon for awhile. I'd just as soon not have him under my feet! We forgot to start the dishwasher last night so that is running.

This time:
-clear kitchen counters and breakfast bar
-arrange flowers for table
-make the bed
-start challah in breadmaker
-continue with lasagne sauce

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Home from DS9 last basketball game. He played very well today and totally enjoyed the experience. His skills have improved a lot this year.

I got DS9 a fitbit yesterday and had to hurriedly get it set up this morning so he could use it during the game. DS9 phone is several years old and can't be upgraded. It doesn't play well with newer apps that are designed for the current version of operating system. I've about reached my tolerance level with spending time trying to get it to do something.

DGD6 is spending the night with us again tonight. DD has been working 3 jobs this week while trying to decide which one she wanted. She wanted to see which place have customers that tip the best. Monday she starts working at her first pick. DD hours will mostly be in the evenings which means DGD6 will be here more.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”