Olympic Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Olympic Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:06 pm

Challah is going in the breadmaker and lasagne sauce is bubbling along.

I took more Advil and I am going to lie down for about 30 minutes,
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:19 pm

I fell asleep in the recliner. When I once had to reposition and opened my eyes just a little -dd was in one recliner asleep and dh in another, asleep. Guess we were all tuckered out.

DS-R called earlier. Their arrival time in Tampa had been bumped from 4pm to 6pm several days ago. Today it was bumped again to 7pm. I see a very late dinner in our future. We'd probably just come home and eat something if it weren't for dsonil wanting to see them at least for a short time.

Time to go spruce our bathroom floor.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:30 pm

H. Is off. I am back from a walk w the ddog.
Chili for lunch is nearly ready.
We re having lovely weather but cooler and a bit breezy.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:58 pm

I am back and getting into the shower to clean up. Will be time to shape challah after that, and put together lasagne.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Oh ((((Cathy)))) -- so sorry you're feeling so awful! Hope it passes soon!

(((HUGS))) for all still coughing and fighting the crud!

I am doing much better today! (Motivation-wise, I mean.)
I can't really take any credit for energy, though -- I had to get out of the house b/c
1. HAD TO buy bday present for dcousin4 party tomorrow
2. HAD TO meet distant cousin for camera lens she was giving me
3. HAD TO meet former student for Girl Scout cookies
4. HAD TO go to CVS (drug store) for "circus peanuts" and bank, per dh's request
-- so, with those external motivators, I didn't have to depend on my own energy level.
Also wrote check for satellite tv bill and dropped it off at the post office, talked w/ds & ddil re: gift and my schedule Monday.

Grumbling about the cost of greeting cards. WOW. I spent $40 at CVS and bought 2 bags of those circus peanuts and a package of alcohol swipes for my allergy shots... and six greeting cards. :roll: And I had a $3 coupon!

The camera lens is not going to work for me either. Cousin was giving it away b/c it wouldn't work on her phone -- it's one of those clip-on magnifying/zoom lens for iPhone. * sigh * It might work if I did not have an otterbox case on my phone, but I'm NOT taking that case off for anything. I'd shatter my phone in the next 24 hours without it! The lens will fit, but not well enough to focus. Oh well. I've still got a good digital camera, the only problem with it is that it doesn't keep the clock set any longer. Can't print date on pictures.

Home in time to watch basketball game with dh.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:45 pm

And bread is shaped and rising. I need to untangle my hair and dry it, but I'm letting it air dry for a few.

-dry hair
-iron cloth napkins
-start water and cook noodles
-sweep front porch just a bit
-start getting lasagne together

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:01 pm

greeting cards -
chat at study this past week was about Cur rent Catalog, lucylee. Another lady said she thinks they have corrected their slow-delivery problem (my only complaint) because her recent card order was fast.
My best e bay purchase in a long time was a selection of cards, too, btw. Someone was selling some they'd gathered, and their taste seemed a lot like mine, and sure enough I really liked them. One of the few things e bay has done right by me in a while. e bay has changed so much from mostly individuals, to companies selling.

Dsecondbil came by to visit a while. Tobias enjoys hosting him and sits close beside. Things are going well for him - so good to see him so happy, but then he is usually a happy camper. We tease HRH about why he can't be a glass-is-always-full guy like dbil. As usual, though, their brother-conversation turns to how crazy their dmother makes them. Dbil just came from putting in and taking out a lightbulb from their Mom's wellhouse. She can't decide if it is worth feeling insured against a freeze, if she always has to watch the wellhouse at night in case the lightbulb starts a fire. She was losing sleep, so he went back and took the lightbulb away.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:32 pm

Dishwasher hss been rebooted. I got a letter off mailed off today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Quick post to say I'm alive.

Sermon still not finished (but at least there's a good start to it.)

Had a one hour interruption, two short interruptions and two other times away from home when I should be home. We saw Murder on the Orient Express this morning. Very, very, good. This afternoon we walked to the grocery store and then I walked on to the health food store since they had a 20% sale today on everything and I needed henna. I used up the last of mine yesterday.

Will try and work on the sermon a bit now, then we'll go over for dinner at the pub. Big snowstorm here so the walking is slow. I'll take my poles and maybe my cleats when we go out this evening. I should have had them this afternoon. It was a tough walk without them.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Finished and my service is printed. That went quickly. Now for dinner.

Return to “Post When You Can”