Be prepared Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Be prepared Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:37 am

Scout Motto is: BE PREPARED which means you are always in a state of readiness in mind and body to do your duty.

lol I don't know if I am ready in mind and body but I can do some things to be ready.

What is it that you can do that if your day or week derails (not anything anyone wants to think of) 8-) - anything from a busy schedule, colds, family time,
etc.
What little things can you do that if something derails your week that would make your life a little easier...

I was great at this at work.. I had a detailed "how to" do my job - really easy to follow and I had everything organized lol who said that? 8-). I always knew that if someone had to step into my work if I was sick or on vacation I knew that they knew exactly what to do and that everything was ready ahead of time. lol if I only did that with my home continually. 8-)

is there an extra meal in the freezer, is there gas in your car, are you cloths caught up, bills caught up, are you taking a free day for yourself to feed your inner piece and not get burnt out, are you being kind to yourself? Everyone runs into a couple days that derail us; what can you do to make your life easier when this happens. Are you putting things off that could cause problems if you need a few days off so that you aren't buried in worry.
What can you do to put your mind at ease if you need to have a few days off.

wishing you a wonderful Sunday.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Be prepared Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 am

As we have been having snow and people are falling to the flu around our area I am trying to stay ahead, just in case. my d mom and my d grandparents (probably from world war 2 in France) always spoke of being prepared and that is something I learned very early.

I have been trying to stay ahead in a couple different ways:
(truth - my home doesn't look or feel ahead - I am trying on this but I am falling behind

but where I am prepared
cars are filled
bills are up to date
gatorade and cold products and tea are filled up
laundry is on target
groceries are on target, same with animal food
medicines filled up to date
4 soups in freezer and I have food in fridge. Frozen fruit - chicken chili available for a dinner- veggies in fridge- I also have breads frozen etc. Just trying to be prepared.
paper plates bc when I am sick I am lazy 8-)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:32 am

it snowed again last night and it is beautiful. They say we have had 9 days of measurable snow Yay! There is at least a foot on our 3 season room roof. I love it!!!

dd younger and I went to the lake after having coffee with d sis in laws and I was surprised on how much ice was on the top of the lake. Absolutely beautiful. We also stopped our favourite bakery in that area as well as our favourite taco place (it's a tiny hole in the wall but they have the best tacos around). We had fun.

dd's hands were in horrible pain and her feet (even with great boots and socks were numb) - I dislike her syndrome - but she continued taking pictures and when we went into the car she had to hold her hands still bc touching them caused her nerve endings to go wackier. It took a good hour before they stopped hurting.

time to get a head start - I am in a bit of a struggle because I am behind on the house.
I didn't do the home blessing or manage clutter or weeklies or all my dailies ( this is frustrating me and I am ready to ask for help) 8-)
Nice thing about the program - move the items to the normal day I do it and then I can catch up that way.

I did my bwp, I decide what work to do on our Cleaning Focus (thank you d harriet)
I know what we are having dinner - now to make it lol.

dh is snow plowing and I know he will overdo it.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:15 am

Morning...

Easy Sunday morning for me...sunshine, coffee and off to see a movie. Cooler days for the next few days which I plan to enjoy. Time to inhale and breath in this relaxing day.

I have a very busy week ahead so I’m going to slow down and enjoy today. Sometimes I get so busy with the world I forget to take time for me. Not today....

Waving to y’all :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:17 am

The olympics & knitting life is awesome today! Later on..
Now I have a audio book on and have done some journaling.
I will paint some rocks next. Draw in my art journal is on my list 2.

after that...
Cook eggs for lunches. X
Cook pasta . X

Routines. I have a plan.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:28 am

Hi!

I don't think I was the least bit prepared. Dh stepped up to the plate so smoothly though. He has done dishes. He has done some shopping. He did the laundry. He made me 2 kinds of jelly and has made all his own meals. When we were having our weekly phone call with his mom last night she reminded him that he wasn't too happy to have to be taught how to cook and clean and do laundry when he was young, but it sure has come in handy on and off over the past 40 years. He just gets up in the morning and gets things done. He has already blown the snow from our driveway and our neighbor to the north of us.

Now he is making his Sunday brunch and all I'm having is a slice of toast.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:32 am

DS-R and DDIL are here. We had a nice dinner at A pplebee's last night, albeit after 8pm. Dsonil lost his glasses at the table and the gal across from us saw them -their son got out and crawled under our table to retrieve them. Dsonil went and found our waitress and asked her to give him a dish of ice cream before they left. We left and they didn't know at that point that his great behavior had been rewarded.

Plan to go to Pa rkesdale's in Plant City this afternoon for strawberries. Then we plan to stop at dbil/dsisil's for just a bit. They don't even know DS-R came down -at least not yet.

We have to make a run to the dreaded W Mart shortly.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:51 am

Good morning!!!

hi d dee so glad you had a lovely dinner with your d family!
strawberries sound delicious - right now here in the wintery midwest our store has strawberries for 6.00 for regular strawberries and 9.99 for organic :shock: ;)
Good luck at wally world - may it not be crowded and be a fast visit

hi d cathy - so happy you had your dh to pitch in! I love a d woman who teaches their sons how to be part of the household. 8-) dh's d mom believed in that big time! (even though lol dh wants to forget from time to time).

hi d nancy... love that - knitting and watching the olympics - what a nice day.

hi d rose glad you have an easy sunday ahead! enjoy the movie!

Waving to everyone I missed the last few days
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:41 pm

3 x 15 in kitchen - I didn't do any kitchen work yesterday
dh washed the few dishes that were in the sink yesterday
The dogs really add to the work here... and we also add to the work here ;)

what was done in the 3 x 15's :D
looked through house for any dishes
filled the remainder of dishwasher and turned it on (washed dh's egg dish by hand - a job I dislike (sounds so silly) but if it bothers me that much I might as well do it considering he just snowplowed for the last 45 minutes - I can do that for him with out nagging about one dish.
The few breakfast dishes I washed by hand and they are now drying. (I did put away the few dishes dh washed and let dry - earlier)
scrubbed the sink clean
washed the dogs water pad
took a swiffer rinser and swiped the bottom doors, drawers and cabinets, took a clor ex wipe and wiped the bottom of the cabinets (just the smudges) even though all the cabinets need washing - dogs for sure and me cooking as well 8-)
counters wiped again - when people have breakfast I wish they would just grab a clor ox wipe and wipe it down. I think dh can't see so I will let the crumbs be my job. My rolling board silver with cutting board - similar to this but cheaper https://www.containerstore.com/s/interm ... ortOrder=A (I pull this over to my L-shaped counter and sink area to give me more prep room. I would love to have a big kitchen
vacuumed floor in walking areas of kitchen, swiffer dusted, and swiffer rinsed, swiped the dw with chrome spray, wiped the germ areas with clorox wipe bc of flu that is going around our area - lol like that will help.

dh is done with snow.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:26 pm

Be prepared. I spent tea and chocolate time planning out my goals for next week. And my responsibilities for next week. So I have a good idea of what is coming my way.

Be prepared. It was annual meeting Sunday. I put forward a motion to close the church building on Anniversary Sunday 2019 (18 months from now.) I was prepared for the blowback but it had the desired result of shocking people (by putting a date on it) and it was revised to a more nuanced motion that the board report back to the congregation by this year's annual meeting as to a plan for closure or the benchmarks we'd have to make to declare the church viable. That passed with only one vote against. I, and another vocal member, have been pressed into service to meet with the board and help draft the options and benchmarks. Which means 5 more meetings between now and June. Sigh...

But I'm prepared to back up my words with action so agreed to serve.

Church lasted 2.5 hours (the meeting was part of the service) so we are quickly have lunch before my own service this afternoon. Then I have residents' association stuff to do this evening.

Return to “Post When You Can”