Just Another Manic Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Just Another Manic Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:54 pm

((Twins' Mom))

Projects - I still use cards, depending on the projects. But another method to take the info along, low-tech and writable, has been 4x6 cards in a small plastic photo carrier in my purse.

Complex projects - When a project will span many days or has a lot of aspects to it, I'll choose some free printable with segments, and print onto a regular sheet of typing paper. Whatever free page appeals to my needs, when I've looked up "to do list" or "blank checklist" and then chosen "images" - something like that. Here's one from Smead that has worked well for me a couple times, just by writing my project's name up in the right corner. I don't need as many words as this one has, but these particular words to help me prioritize a project. Often, I'm looking for one that's even simpler, though, and will choose one with very few actual words and write in my own. Segmented areas help, though, and when there are boxes to check off, that's a bonus!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:02 pm

(((dearest twins)))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:06 pm

kitchen looks and smell a clean even though it needs a deep cleaning.
with the laundry room cleaner and emptier it looks much better from the kitchen
I thought I would have time to work 15 minutes on the closet stuff but today turned into a heavy cleaning day

Some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug.
d lady I am going to add that to my words of wisdom cards - it's perfect.

hi d harriet

hi d everyone.

I am praying d twins for your family and your spirit while you care for the people you love.

I was going to make crab cakes with avocado salsa but it is already 5:09 so I am just going to keep it simple - taco's, maybe some spanish rice but maybe not.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:10 pm

I called the vo-tech where DGS21 and I are taking a class tomorrow night because I couldn't find a place online to pay for it. She talked me through signing up as a short-term student. I didn't realize I would need to enroll in school to attend a one time class. Ohss Well. I got DGS21 and I both enrolled, registered for the class and paid.

I used the wrong setting on Instant Pot to cook the brown rice. OOps. I used multi=grain setting instead of the brown rice setting. It came out more done than I like it. I'll let it cool before making a final decision but I'll probably eat it anyway.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Having net connetivity issues here.

Sun. I used the wrong setting on I P for eggs had to finish em on the stove. :roll:

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Today when I made my boiled eggs for breakfast, I started them to the rolling boil, then put them on simmer, setting the timer for 10 minutes and when it went off, it turned off the burner. It's a feature of my induction burner, that I haven't been using to its fullest.

I changed what I had for dinner sides but it all worked out and I'm ending the day 'in the green'.

I got some paper wrangling done but no real work done. At least the living room looks better now - my distraction was made worse by the chaos.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:53 pm

quick hi - Hi!

we had a simple dinner, dishes washing themselves, sink clean, vacuumed floor again, things put away, counters and stove cleaned.
watching the Olympics. How is it night time already???? 8-)

Good night all!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:59 pm

I survived my manic Monday! :D :D And so did dmom. She seems to be doing very well, actually. We were in and out of the dentist office by 9:30 a.m. We stopped at pharmacy, got pain med & antibiotic dentist had prescribed, and I took her home and basically just watched her cook her own breakfast. She wanted scrambled eggs, and I tend to overcook them (according to her & dh) so I just let her do that and I made labels for her 2018 file folders. Addressed her Valentine's Day card for dbro. Took her garbage can to the road. Then I came home and took a four hour nap!
I talked to her a little while ago and she still sounds good, so I think this is going to be okay.

And my week is not looking quite as crazy as I predicted. So far as Nana-duty, there was none today. Turns out the student ds had today is also feeling poorly and had a doctor's appt.
Tomorrow, I will have dgd at least 4 hours or so, but dgs will only be here an hour possibly. (DH & DS will be singing at one of their monthly nursing home visits.)
Wednesday... I keep forgetting that dgd will be at the doctor, so it will only be dgs after school, and then dgd also from the time ds has to leave until ddil returns from school -- probably only a few hours that I will have both. DH will be gone to a basketball game again, so I'll have a few hours to myself before and after Nana duty.
Thursday... ddil said she didn't have class that night after all! Dgd will be here again for a few hours, then we'll pick up dgs at school and we'll have them both a few hours, but ddil will be home by 5:00 or 6:00 pm.

I am still tired though -- even my nap didn't completely refresh me. I only slept about 2.5 hours last night (this morning, LOL). When I am awake, I just want to eat and eat and eat. Maybe I can get a better sleep tonight. Fortunately, none of the Nana-duty requires early waking times.

Oh -- (((Twins))) -- I am thinking of you and your dmom & dbro... such a hard time.

Hope you feel better soon, Cathy! AND Dee! * That is such a nice surprise for your dh for Valentine's Day, btw!

(((Kathryn))) -- for all the losses and stress -- AND (((Kathryn's dgs!) I remember when dgs, ds, and ddil had that virus. It was even worse for them than for dgs! Hope no one else catches at in your family.

blessed, my dh never wants to get rid of anything. I feel your pain.

I'm sorry -- I'm just going to have to wave to everyone and call it a night tonight.

Hope you all have a restful, calm night and start tomorrow in a great way!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”