Just Another Manic Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Just Another Manic Monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Yes, I'm anxious to see/hear dh's reaction to this flight too, Lilac. He'll be excited that he's going to the banquet but I'm sure won't especially like what I spent on his flights.

Finally got the invitation to our class reunion. I knew it was coming as I'd seen it in an 'informed delivery' post a while back. The invitation was mailed Jan 24th and had the forwarding sticker on it for February 7th. Amazing how long some things take. I'm hoping our class reunion will coincide with when dh's class is having their every 2-year get-together. They decided that at his reunion 2 years ago. They're losing class members too rapidly now to go to 5 years. There were only around 42 in each of our classes. His class has had their last 2 or 3 reunions at the same place we're having ours. Know they usually try to have theirs alumni weekend as well. (July 28th this year).
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:25 pm

lol d donna - our dh's sound the same! lol

a class union - how exciting d dee - and dee he may not want to do it for himself but I have a feeling he will be pleased. I think it's one of the sweetest things you could do for him)

oh d kathyrn (((( sweet baby))))
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:32 pm

the laundry room looks better - nothing great on the rest - swiped the washer and dryer on top and on front, managed clutter, surface dusted the wire shelves in closet but they are deep down dirty and need washing but not today. found empty laundry detergent container, dh's almost empty shampoo, conditioner he doesn't like is now gone (he takes mine), all the recycling is on dh's work bench otherwise it just stays in the laundry room - on the shelves :shock:, i vacuumed, swiffer rinsed the floor, took swiffer rinser and swiped doors and wall - nothing fantastic but the shelves are done and the sink, and washer and dryer are empty.

whites drying... next pull more gentle whites and wash those.

dh kept putting things on dogs large rug so they are cramped if they are in the laundry room...I had enough room on the shelves to put the empty water
Hink ley springs bottles for water cooler. It's done as far as I can 8-) :D

things to put to another laundry focus: :arrow: Move to next time.

wash the closet and shelves
move machines and remove anything back there
wash area
clean the sides of the washer and dryer
clean wood trim
clean doors to outside, clean inside door to kitchen, clean doors to garage
eventually wash the wall behind the shelves (found I have to dust the input vent at least once a month)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:37 pm

Next:
gentle whites
I brought mixer in the kitchen but it needs cleaning

cabinet front slip shod - they are worse than I thought (I haven't cleaned them since thanksgiving :roll: ;) ) so I did scrub but didn't do perfection. I did what I could today. There is so much in the kitchen that should be done but the kitchen focus is February 26 so I have to push the idea to make it perfect out of my brain. done for now :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:17 pm

I have checked off all 5 of my 5x5 today

the first 4 were all church Desk Day. It's almost 4 and I feel like I've spent all day on this. Many phone calls. Our request for adjustment on the water bill is underway. I've gotten the repair company to write a letter on our behalf. There is a chance we can have a bill for "only" half. As of now, the bill is on hold, so at least there's a chance. Oh... spoke too soon... one more call on this subject while I was typing. Maybe now that's the last one today.

In the meantime, received a bill from gas company for 2.5 times what Jan bill was last year. Sigh. The only partial explanation I can find is that this was a bill for 38 days. Just ridiculous, not to check people's meters for 38 days during the most expensive time of the year. I would hate to be the receptionist working that desk - everyone will be upset at once. Other possibility - we actually have had a lot of articles/news lately that bills would be high because of the low temps during the month. I called some church members who ought to know, and they say there is simply no way our use at the church would have been tampered with or inordinately drained like the water story. So nothing to do but pay it and hope.

The spreadsheets could finally be started for 2018 and it seemed there was problem after problem. But that is done.

Extra odd refunds meant 2 deposits are ready, plus a request on the card accounts. So I'll have "bank" on an errand list tomorrow. Tuesday is a good errand day for me. On Tuesday I arrive at healthy foods store following a produce delivery.
:idea:

What a joy my fifth item was:
"Do our greens washing" :)
what a nice chore.

Sometimes I wish I had nothing but household chores. Anyway, some more general paperwork decluttering happened just because of all this work. Whatever forces more organization is not all bad.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Dental appointments went as smoothly as possible. Everyone had x-rays done so that was an extra expense. DS9 had another perfect teeth checkup. They didn't find any new problems with my teeth. As long as my teeth maintain their current situation they don't recommend anything extra. DH is being sent to an oral surgeon to have 3 teeth pulled but we don't have that schedule yet because that office was closed today.

I've been seeing the same lady for teeth cleaning for years and we enjoy visiting with each other. She was telling me about her 10 year old son doing competitive archery and how it has helped him develop focus. Archery is something that I am not familiar with as a sport but it sounds like something that would interest DS9 and be helpful with ADHD symptoms. After we left the dentist, we stopped by the local archery store and visited with the people there. We will return on Saturday for DS9 to take an archery lesson to see if it is something he wants to pursue

Added 2 more events to an already packed calendar. Thankfully both events slipped into time slots that contained activities that could be moved to other timeslots. Event #1 added = Funeral for DFriend Linda. She had a peaceful ending to her life that was filled with the love of family & friends. I expect her funeral will be huge (lots of people) so I will need extra time added before it starts for parking & seating. Event #2 added to this week = I made DH his first appointment with a chiropractor. After seeing how she has helped DS9 and myself, he decided to give chiropractor care a try. His appt is at the same time that DGD6 gets out of school so I will get her (DH usually does this).

DH arraigned for someone to come get his old pickup this afternoon and haul it to the transmission repair place. The pickup won't come out of 2nd gear. WHY does DH want a vehicle that has to be worked on? I love this man to the moon and back but that doesn't mean I understand him. )

what type of system do you use to accomplish what I call projects?

DonnaL - I use a combination of OneNote and Excel for almost everything. Most of my excel spreadsheets are now kept inside of OneNote. OneNote is like a huge composition notebook. I have different notebooks for various uses and then have sections inside each notebook to further organize a subject. I have a Notebook called "Project' which contain sections dealing with each of my projects….and planning. I can't remember the last time I needed information and didn't have it at my fingertips. It takes seconds to search all the notebooks and find anything. At the dentist office this morning, DH was filling out his patient paperwork. He couldn't remember all of his medication. I pulled up OneNote and went to the Notebook called "DH Name". It contains a section called "Physical" Inside of that section has pages with various information about DH physical needs - including the TWELVE medications he takes daily, the dosage, the pharmacy, the cost, the next time it needs to be ordered, etc etc. It was easy and quick way to retrieve the information.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Tip of the day. Do not tell your h if you are decluttering kitchen stuff! dd wants the cookie jar & cookie cutters from the farm. I think she is going to get it this week. Dgd #1 is going to set up an apt. So I am thinking what I have that she can use besides a crock pot chair trash dan and dish cloths and hot pads. I have blue & white enamal damping pans she could gave too.

I did a couple of diff exercise rounds 10 on stat bike a brief walk around the block bc cold temps are back now. Did hen chores cleaned the coop.

Did some writing.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:42 pm

glad that the dental appointments went well. Sorry your dh has to have 3 teeth pulled - ouch!

I taught our scouts archery - I took classes to be able to work with young people - (became certified) . The scouts seemed to enjoy it and dd younger went a couple times to the nature area that had archery available. Hope he has fun! I know dd and the other girls did.

(((linda's loss)))

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:19 pm

I am home from taking dbro to see dmom. Dmom's memory and cognition are just almost nonexistent, they believe it's been worse since she fell two weeks ago. She wasn't sure where her room was today. And, they found one or more bed bugs in her room, so they going to need to move her and treat it. (One was dead, one staff member says he saw two live ones.) Several weeks after she moved in June, her room mate - they each have small rooms off a small common room - was found to have bed bugs, so they think this is from that episode. They had checked her thoroughly for bites and found none. I feel sad because she's just not herself. She needed to use the bathroom and I found her sitting on the toilet with her pants still up; of course she's wearing a "brief" but the activities of daily life are becoming beyond her. Dbro and I took her a Krystal for a snack, which she did enjoy.

And my brother's condition makes me sad too. He is younger than I am, but has smoked and drank heavily all his life and is just physically disabled now. He had a hip replacement (related to alcoholism) and his back is also bad - he limps out slowly like a very old man.

Dfriend M just came by with Ruby and we walked around the block a couple of time and caught up.

I need to fold some laundry and reassess what needs to be done....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:38 pm

(((((Twins)))))) that seems to be so hard to watch your DMom mentally disappear. Will your DBro be able to continue to live alone or have to find different arraignments?

I just added the 7th medical appt to this week's calendar. ARGH! No more, please!! DH will have the consultation with an Oral surgeon tomorrow afternoon.

We were just notified they will be closing school Thursday afternoon because most everyone is going to DLinda funeral. I knew it would be well attended but this is going to be bigger than I expected. Our pastor is doing the funeral service but it is being held at the local church that DLinda attended all her life. I suspect they need to move it to a different location to be able to accommodate the crowd.

I bombed today homeschool lessons with DS9. Some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug. I was the bug today. SPLAT! We did exactly zero lessons. Ohs well.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”