Just Another Manic Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Just Another Manic Monday

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:54 am

It's Monday here -- has been for an hour and 48 minutes. I saw blessed waving at me and I thought I'd just jump in and start the week for us.

And I hope it will NOT be a Manic Monday for ANY of us -- but I have my doubts about my self here...

In four hours, I have to be preparing to take dmom to the oral surgeon.
Yep -- I typed that right -- FOUR HOURS. She has to be there at 7:45, and it is almost 2:00 a.m. here. I'll have to be getting my make-up on and all that stuff and be out of the house NO LATER than 6:45... sheesh.

Then -- whenever I get home, dgrands may already be here. DH has agreed to watch them on his own if I don't make it home in time, so ds can teach a guitar lesson. DDIL will be going to a seminar that helps her gain some points towards nursing school application.
Tuesday I will have the dgrands at least 4 hours or so...
Wednesday... approx 10 hours?
Thursday... approx 10 hours...
and FRIDAY... * WHEW * I can breathe again -- unless ddil gets called in to work, which with the flu running rampant, that could certainly happen!

So -- I'm off to shower tonight, get a few hours sleep, and then... off I go.
Have a great Monday!
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Re: Just Another Manic Monday

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:57 am

Hi!

I'm up early because I was coughing so much that I had to suck on a lozenge.

Does anyone know if drinking tea while you are sick could be harmful? I wasn't going to argue with my MIL over the weekend, but sometimes I think she has been told stuff (or heard stuff) in her past that she fully believes to be true. I have always thought that a hot cup of tea will cure what ails you.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:19 am

LucyLee - Thanks for the start this morning. You are such a good daughter to your DMom by going with her to medical appts. POTB

CathryS - I've been told it is bad to drink excessively whether sick or well. If you are drinking gallons of tea each day then that would be bad. However, enjoying a few cups of hot tea while you are sick sounds like a wise decision to me.

DH, DS9 and I have our bi-annual dental cleaning/checkup this morning. DS9 has never had a cavity and hope that streak continues. My teeth cleaning is never quick or pleasant. I've had years of treatment for periodontal disease so my teeth cleaning is always deep and involves spinning devices and poking instruments. I just close my eyes and go to my mental happy place with the knowledge it will be finished in an hour or so.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:01 am

I made myself a nice hot cup of tea and I am enjoying it. I've also got 2 heating pads on me.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:23 am

Cathy: lemon and honey (together or separately) will help with congestion (lemon) and coughing (honey).

How you add the lemon and honey is up to you.

I just put it in hot water, forget the tea, but others need the tea. Just hot water and lemon is nice too and I prefer that since I'm not keen on honey.

Diluting the mucus in you is done with lots of liquids so sipping water (hot or cold), or water with lemon is not a bad idea throughout the day.

As for the honey, I take it by the spoonful and let it drip slowly down my throat to suppress the cough reflex/tickle. There was a study of honey vs cough suppressant to treat kids and honey did just as well. Last June when I got dgs' cold (the first thing he ever gave me!) I did the research and ended up buying honey to have. I dislike honey (unless well mixed into baked goods!) so really did treat it as if it was medicine.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:28 am

Yeah, it's feeling kind of manic here also. Dh and I are going out of town tomorrow and I'm feeling like I got a late start on all the "things I need to do before I go." Just realized we're not leaving until around noon tomorrow, tho, so that gives me a little extra time.

-breakfast and meds/vitamins
-start a lol
-kitchen clean up, empty dishwasher
-figure out supper
-get dressed, brush teeth

I have a list going for the day.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:39 am

Good morning! waving at you d lucy and all! :D

It's so nice to have you start us d lucy! best wishes as you take your dear mom to the oral surgeon. I hope you get rest after.

Good morning d Cathy! I really don't know that one (tea). hope you feel better!

hi d lady! hope you have a good dentist visit for you and your ds.

hi d kathryn!

hi d twins!

great day to all of you!

I found out we had 18" this month - Yay! I am sad that it will be 40 in a couple days - I do love the snow.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am

Manic Monday. The next line in the song is "I wish it was Sunday."

Nope, not me. I'm still processing yesterday which was a day of loss for me.

Facing the loss of the church, the loss of our frozen yogurt location, the loss of our favourite senior, M, from my afternoon congregation.

Lots of good stuff happened so I wasn't too down yesterday. Today, I'm starting to feel the loss. (Not so much the froyo place, that just feels like piling on.)

There's no funeral for M (the family is too raw) but there will be a celebration of life on May 5 and I'll be asked to speak. We'll move our theatre tickets for that day, it is our anniversary.

I had a rough night last night. I really feel like I'm coming down with something. I'm doing my best to fight it but since this fight has been happening for 2+ weeks now, I think I might be losing the fight. I was too hot, too cold, all night long and couldn't relax to sleep. Just the occasional cough, nothing to pinpoint my being sick but I'm on the cusp of being 'under the weather'.

We had too short nights last week but worked hard at longer nights over the weekend so I should be caught up.

I got up and got dressed right away to make the most of the day.

It isn't just a Manic Monday, It will be a Manic Month ahead of me (actually 3 - 4 months.) I recognize that the more I do now while deadlines are looming rather than upon me, the better I'll manage the whole time.

No word on dgs. Dd needs to start some fertility treatments in the next week or two which will mean I'll be needed there a lot as well. Dh is flat out working so I can't count on him to babysit, for instance, or work with the refugees. He's not even here when they arrive. He'll be away four times between now and July first, including the full month of June in Africa.

The school in Africa, was run by M's daughter-in-law, so that's part of the reason we are so connected to the family and why I'll be speaking at the celebration of life. If it wasn't for M, dh would never have found the project and got involved because we wouldn't have ever met the daughter-in-law. But she took M to church each week and that's how we got to know her (and M's son, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.)

Donna's Lifestyle

Rep,: Just Another Manic Monday

Postby Donna's Lifestyle » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:43 am

Good Morning Ladies
Ddad's 90th B-Day party was a huge success, he and Dmom did really well for their ages:) Was exhausted yesterday, spent most of the day in my jammies, wathching Downton A on A mazon P.
D-Cathy-I am a huge coffee and tea drinker be it iced or hot, and am constantly told by nurses and Drs that any caffeine elevates bp, and can cause dehydration, but I still drink it.
D-Lady..I read and was amazed on your "Be Prepared Sunday" post, all the planning you did for the upcoming week!
Well my planning is not as great as D-Lady's. I will be doing Major decluttering in the basement, and a bedroom, along with everyday stuff.
Need to shower get dressed and finish up the morning stuff and start my decluttering.
Hope to be back later:)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 am

Think I need to try the honey/lemon/hot water again, Kathryn. Still coughing. Though I did have a fairly good night's sleep. Woke halfway through the night though the last 2 nights with a coughing jag. Did use my inhaler this morning and have of course coughed up a bunch since then. Hate the inhaler as it makes me so shaky for so long!

DS-R and ddil are still here but will be leaving in about an hour. DD and dh are going to drive them to the Port of Tampa, stopping by to say goodbye to dsonil first. I'm going to stay home and not hack all the way there and back. Hated the horrible traffic on I-4 going to the airport and back Saturday night. It was awful coming back. Don't have to go as far today -actually the exit for the ships is this side of Tampa. Then this afternoon we're meeting dsonil & his mom for her 91st birthday at Cra cker Bar rel. That's what she wanted and she just wanted to make it to her 91st birthday.

Stopped over to see dbil/dsisil to see them. Hadn't told them DS/ddil were here so they were surprised. Today dh's 2 nieces (one from CA and one from SC) are coming there. Then dh and dd have hockey in Orlando Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Think I'll go out on the porch with the rest of the gang.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”