Just Another Manic Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Just Another Manic Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:06 pm

I made a mistake on my computer - I downloaded adobe flash and now I have spam on my computer. I have to figure out how to go back on history and restart my computer from there. frustrating - not happy - I am usually so careful

d donna - I use a preschool tool from a long time ago now - webbing to help me first see what I want to do. (It's kind of my break down) I know it sounds silly. IE I used on my d mom's project - but I tend to complicate things 8-)
first circle/rectangle was mom/dad - off shoot was mom and dad dating and an off shoot of that was wedding - I put the mom and dating on a 3 x 5 card, and the wedding and reception and different 3 x 5's - I don't move forward until I get that done. It doesn't work for anyone else but it helps me at least get an idea of where I might need to head on the project.

for simple things I put directly onto a 3 x 5 -
I am painting my bathroom door- I wrote on top paint door of powder room door (as it is peeling) - there must have been oil on the wood from someones hands before they installed it.
then:
1. remove door knob and put in zip lock bag with screws
2. sand with round sander
3. tack with sticky thingy (I know technical)
4. use paint thinner to clean area and let dry
5. paint, dry, paint, dry for at least a day
6. replace door knob.

sounds silly but it works to simplify my chaotic thinking.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:25 pm

cleaned out the foil/parchment paper drawer and tossed a bunch of those packets of mustard etc. tossed mints from olive garden. (was supposed to be done last week but I ran of time - it took 10 minutes 8-)

emptied dw and refilled with breakfast dishes
cleaned one side door shelf and behind shelf in fridge
had a yogurt
men came to put in door in front room/living room.
whites are washing
counters are clean again... how they become dirty over night.

since the men are here I will stay downstairs and work in laundry room. I had thought I could go do my errands.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:41 pm

Music Monday for me bagpipes & drums to inspire me! This is great for projects like sorting paper decluttering what have you. I write down the diff. Segments if the project. If it is something like painting a room I use the tried and true P & P method North South East and West doing one a day and by the end if the week ta-daa done! Timed sprints for tasks are wonderful for success 15 in one spot and a break then 15 on some thing else. Add sone thing fun in the mix.

I have done a few rounds of two min. Tasks between writing sprints this morning. The carport is looking better yea.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:56 pm

See.... my sick brain totally fogged regarding Neo Citran. IF I am coughing tonight, I'll have one just before bed, because they knock me right off my feet.

Dh came home for lunch and kept insisting that I go outside this afternoon to get some air. We have a 1/4 cow coming this week sometime, so that big freezer needs to be sorted with plenty of space on the left side for the beef. Dh took out all of the 4 Ziploc bags of frozen tomatoes from the garden last summer and put them through the juicer and put them into 2 large mason jars yesterday.

No idea what dh is having for supper. Actually I saw perch in the fridge, so I guess he's having something with fish. I only had a bit of soup at lunch time, so I will put it back on the stove and have that.

I will also take the honey out and put it on the counter.

Thanks everyone.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Dee, I am so excited to hear about your dh's reaction to his Valentine's gift.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:28 pm

that is the most thoughtful gift d dee. I know he will be surprised!

d twins great work!

hi d Nancy! I love bagpipes - My dad, d bro and I (our families of course) got that for my d mom's 50th birthday - she had no idea - then around the corner you could hear the bagpiper and drum!

hi d lilac

hi d donna

hi d everyone

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:39 pm

french doors are looking nice - what's the old saying about when you fix one thing then you can see how bad the other things in that room look... yup!

so far I and dh had lunch and put away the dishes in dw.

worked in laundry room: it's taken me an hour so far to empty the kitchen ware extra shelves (6 shelves) and dust and wash them and wash the things that need to go back and got rid of things that I don't use any more.

Dh, again, is hampering my getting rid of stuff with hems and haws. there is a 2 qt copper pot that was my d uncles that passed last year and I haven't used it in a year. He keeps saying copper is expensive. "keep it for dd younger" etc. I also got rid of a cracked rolling pin and his face said it all - "you do what you want" geesh guilt! I finally had to tell him to stop that as I have a hard time when he does that - guilt - he chuckled - "okay, I'll stop. But now it's in my head that he wants to keep things. I have to shut out his voice in my head of self doubt. Trying to exchange his voice, in my head, with my own determined voice - I haven't used it in a year and won't use it - let it go.

it's 1:38 here, the men are still working on the french doors.

Now to continue in the laundry room.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Donna: I use a bullet journal too. It allows me to combine project work with daily living because, let's face it, projects get in the way of daily living and daily living gets in the way of projects.

I used a lined journal and number the pages myself because a) it is less expensive and b) I started with a notebook dd had used part of and it turned out to work for me so I keep buying more.

https://www.amazon.com/BLUELINE-Notepro ... ne+notePro

I have the traditional detailed index and future log, then a monthly double page spread, then weekly double page spreads. The monthly and weekly include my goals for the month/week (always unreachable.)

Then, starting from the back, I have the bill due dates for each month, list of theatre/concert ideas, quotations I like, book/video list to read/watch.

Then I set up sections for my projects. In this journal, they start on page 145 and I have a section for each refugee family and the residents' association. Notes on each of those projects go there, and if/when I run out of pages, I start using the pages before page 145. The detailed index and 'threading' keep track of the pages for me.

The journal is finished when the journal runs out of pages. My last one ran from November to end of October which was really useful since it takes a while to move into a new journal and doing so over Christmas would be insanely difficult. My original ran from July to end October (remember it was an old journal of dd's with the used pages ripped out.) Now that I've done the transfer of data 2x, both times for November 1, I might just always start new journals then because it works for me.

The steps for the big projects are put down as goals. I like the idea of mind-mapping/webbing. I do that usually on scraps of paper and transfer anything useful into the journal (or paste it in.)

For preaching, I mostly use other notebooks for my notes. I carry a tiny moleskin notebook in my purse for whatever notes need to be jotted down. That way, if I'm out and have an idea, it gets captured. It can be copied into my bujo, or if it is a sermon spark, transferred into the sermon doc on my computer.

My SHE card system is on Google Calendar. I don't use that for planning at all.

I've moved more and more of my work to dropbox so if I need access while I'm out, I can pull it up on my phone. For instance, all my preaching files are there so if I forgot my service, I could read it from my phone in a pinch. That's useful for other files as well (refugee or RA.)

My business job activities get written out in the bujo under weekly/monthly goals. I've been doing them for 20 years so they are pretty well ingrained. I do have a notebook for my year-end task notes.

Taxes are another project - everything just gets tossed into a file all year long and it is sorted and entered into the tax software when it is time to do my taxes.

March to May is my rough time of year since I have personal taxes and corporate year end projects plus my regular life.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Dd called. Dgs has hand/foot/mouth disease. Geez, that wasn't a thing when my guys were little. Now it appears to be common.

No play group (for the third week in a row since she kept him home for the week before they left.) He probably got it in Waterloo, one friend just was getting over it in her household.

I'll go over tomorrow and take him for a walk so he can get fresh air. Hopefully he'll nap for a bit as well. That will give her some time at home and I won't be exposed to him while he's contagious. On Friday I'll babysit while she gets her hair done. Again, I'll just walk him in the stroller around downtown. I have some errands to run so this works out fairly well. He'll have to stay in the stroller since he's contagious or likely will still be contagious.

Dehydration is the only big deal with this so she is reassembling the potty to capture his pee so she can check volume. Suddenly dry diapers are not a sign of him holding it until being put on the toilet!

Donna's Lifestyle

Postby Donna's Lifestyle » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:02 pm

D-Blessedw2 I am about to row off the chair laughing, you have described exactly what I have been going thru the past hour or so with Dh!
Everything we have touched in the basement, he has had some excuse why we should keep it,I told him I love that your Dmom left me all this dinnerware, but I have enough, along with Christmas stuff, no don't see if the Dkids want it, it would of been gone if they wanted it, the same with some old toys/games.
We have gotten rid of a lot but not without long discussions on why we should :lol:
Also Thanks for explaining your system, and Kathryn Thank you:)

Return to “Post When You Can”