Traveling Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Traveling Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:09 am

It's traveling Tuesday for me, we are on the way out of town later.

Where are you traveling today, either physically, or through your thoughts and daydreams?

A clean, organized house? A class to learn something new? Do tell!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Traveling Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 am

I need to engage my list....

We should be heading toward the airport in a little more than three hours. Gotta get moving.

-breakfast/meds
-start packing!
-straighten GR, kitchen, kitchen table and breakfast bar counter
-garbage out to street
-get list going and pay attention!

I've been continuing to load DNA files into this software GMP - and am finally nearly done with the FTDNA files. They have gone much faster now that I'm near the end, so I'll be done with that phase of loading before I leave. Wishing I had time to play today...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:46 am

Safe traveling, Twins.

I'm driving over to dd's and then walking dgs around for an hour or so for his nap or for him to get out of the house and for dd to get a bit of a break. I'll get the timing from dd later this morning.

I've emailed Kelloggs because the gas card promotion which spurred me to buy too much cereal, never arrived. That was last September. They say wait 6 - 8 weeks and when I realized it was missing it was Christmas time (a coupon for a free toy from another promotion arrived and that reminded me.) Then I was traveling. Today I went through all my emails, pulled the box of cereal off the shelf, read the terms and learned that the card, had it arrived, would be expired now. So I'm out the $5 which was to offset me buying too much cereal.

I'll be taking Rice Krispy squares to the church supper in March (and April and May and June and perhaps church meetings, and RA meetings!) Between the two promotions, I have three giant boxes of the stuff and am now eating low-carb! This box expires in June. The other two expire in August. I think at least one box will have to be donated.

In the meantime, I need to drop by our local store and pick up the free toy with the coupon. It has to be something under $10 and they had a toy for $9.94 (half price clearance) so that works for me. It will either go to dgs for his birthday or to our new family coming in.

I've had my tea and chocolate so time for breakfast and then off to s2s. Bedroom is already tidied and the dishes put away in the kitchen and weekly kitchen chores are started.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:02 am

I have spent several hours this morning working on OA homework. I was done sleeping around 3am so I decided to get up and get some things accomplished. I'm pleased to have these tasks completed.

I will be traveling this afternoon to pick up DGS21 from his work. Then we will make the hour drive to a Painting class. The class description is " This fun night out will provide you with an outlet for your inner artist. There will be a short overview of Jim Dine's series of heart paintings. We will then begin working on our own versions of the heart paintings using rulers & pencils for layout, followed by acrylic paints to create your own versions of heart paintings." This is sooooooo far out of my comfort zone that I cant' even imagine it. My purpose for attending this class is two-fold.....the first because DGS21 has a HUGE creative streak that I think needs priming a bit. There is no way he would attend this by himself but I am 99.9% sure he is going to love every moment of it. The secondary reason to attend is that the teacher is a DFriend and I have heard her son specializes in treating kids with Tourettes. I want to chat with her about that. For now, I'm ignoring the reality that this adventure also means .......>>>gulp<<<<<.......I will be looking at a blank canvas with a paintbrush in my hand and expected to do something with it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:05 am

Happy Tuesday!

d lucy - glad dentist went well for your d mom
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 am

hi d lady good morning - wow you were up early! have fun at the heart class.

hi d kathryn good morning have a lovely walk with your dgs. Hope he is feeling better!

hi d twins good morning - yay on almost being done with those files. happy traveling tuesday.. Thank you for starting us this fine morning!

good morning everyone.
good evening d lynn

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:22 am

Frustrating. I'm trying to put some files into Dropbox for reading later on the plane, and the NGS website won't let me get to the publications. I've deleted cookies and browsing data and still can't get there.

Working on packing, then need to s2s and walk the ddog.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:49 am

hope it works out d twins!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:50 am

Twins - have you tried using a different brower? It sounds like a problem on their end.

I'm waiting on DS9 to get ready for homeschool. We are working through the process of him being responsible for waking up on time and getting ready. The consequences are having an earlier bedtime each time he is late. Tonight the internet cuts off at 7:30pm on his screens and his bedtime is 8pm. If he is late for school tomorrow, his internet & bedtime will be moved by 30 minutes earlier. Eventually, he will establish a system for himself to not sleep in & lollygag around in the mornings, but I expect he won't like the consequences during the learning phase. He really is an awesome kid. It was a joint decision that he was old enough to take on this responsibility. I have no doubt he will do well with it once he gets it conquered. He just has to tweak his self-motivated "wake up and get going" system a bit.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:01 am

cards pulled (always hopeful 8-) )

bathroom day (I missed last week)
Hair appointment at 10 leave at 9:30 :D
pick up valentines something for d girls/cards :D
grocery store ? if strawberries aren't too expensive I might make chocolate dipped strawberries for girls for valentines day as my gift. :D
williams s on oma vanilla
post office - drop off mail :D
clean one shelf on side door of fridge :D
moved card (I did yesterday) kitchen: clean out foil/plastic wrap/parchment paper drawer to April :D
car: remove a few things that don't belong
move clean kitchen trash can to next monday x
apple store for repair

missed yesterday: washing down doors on shower and other shower

I can't remember which flylady or mentor mentioned doing 1" of paperwork a day - I am using that on my photos. I can at least scan 1 " of photos

realization: not keeping up with things at holiday time makes my house harder to keep up and then harder to begin again in the new year. Yesterday took so much longer bc I hadn't kept up things in the laundry room.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”