Wild & Whacky Wed.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Wild & Whacky Wed.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Happy Valentines Day to all of you lovely ladies. I am giving up clutter for lint. Found more in the yard today emptied out more planters for the school green house, rounded up hen ice cream buckets aka waterers. Tossed a broken one. I have been making daily progress and it is starting to show yea me. Got a great idea free hens for kids wanting em for 4H. When this batch of feed is gone should be warmer and the might be laying more too. It is snowing.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:10 pm

I've finished my OA homework for the day and attended a meeting. I have my food for the rest of the day planned, prepared and packaged to travel.

DS9 is working on his Math. This is one of THOSE homeschool days when he is challenging & pushing the boundaries. While I applaud his desire to be independent and develop his own style, the fact is that he is a child and needs to learn to follow directions. It is silly stuff like refusing to write his numbers neatly on one line instead of scribbling across many lines. Habits are made in the details. Details matter. Math is taking longer than it should as we deal with these issues. I am rather happy with myself that I'm not frustrated or upset with him. Just determined.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Sky is grey today, I'm wondering if it will be raining.

Odd day here. I was expecting phone call from insurance company, re. our 2017 audit. I had all my papers sorted out on my desk. She called a little bit ago and said she had gotten my information and had about 3 questions. I do not like how they are handling the temporary help, I'm afraid our bill is going to be way more than last year. But I don't make the rules and we have to have this insurance, so I'll just sigh and go on.

Now that that is all over, I can get on to something else.

Received drs. patient report, a text on my phone. I am supposed to click on that, but I don't have data on my dumb phone so that doesn't work. Putting it in the browser window on the computer here doesn't work either. Their "customer service" says my link doesn't work. Oh well.

Going off to get busy.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:34 pm

LadyM: Can you give him a blank piece of paper to put the answers on in as large or messy a way as he wants and then have him copy them neatly? That means the creative math solution work can be messy which may fit with how his mind works and it adds a copying task which will focus only on penmanship.

When I'm working on arithmetic or math planning stuff, I tend to write big and all over the place (same can be true for word-based work as well.) I'm not an inside the lines person and if you make me solve a problem AND stay within the lines, you are asking one thing too many from me.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Changed the vacuum cleaner bag (dh is my tickler file on that for now) and the filter as well since one filter comes in each box (along with 3 bags) and this was the last bag to go into the machine.

Got money off to my refugee.

I realize now the washer is silent so I need to go get that dealt with and start the dishwasher.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:48 pm

Kathryn - that is a BRILLIANT solution! I absolutely love it. Thank you!
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:49 pm

3 x 15 :D
I put the laundry (whites) away
put laundry's upstairs for dh/dd to put away (I am trying that thinking - "you're laundry isn't put folded/hung it isn't done" I am notorious for not putting away - and I feel like I finished by just washing them, drying them, folding them and putting them in our bedroom (it just leads to piles of clean laundry that we rummage through). I still (over 2 weeks - have dd's sheets on our church bench - everyone knows it's there but it has become of our vision)
surface vacuumed through first floor
swiffer rinsed surface-ly kitchen and front door
dh washed his breakfast dishes (yay) This was one of my "how's that working for you" - it didn't (I could have 5 egg dishes after 5 days of his) - I started just doing it and now he is trying to keep the sink empty. (for how long ??? I don't know but I am very grateful) He didn't say but I am pretty sure he saw it as nagging.
listening to flylady cat re: routines as I work. I needed something that kept me focused.

check other dailies Morning routines done :D making sure the kitchen is clean at night has really helped me with the morning.
washing towels. I pulled dogs bedding to be washed - thats next

trying to figure out a habit that dh keeps doing (his sweet mom and sweet dad was like this too)- they believe it's best to put it somewhere just to get it out of sight which leads to clutter inside everywhere and having multiples. example: I went under sink and there were a bunch of cleansers that dh took from the closet in the basement - he tossed them in there (even the empty ones) - cleaning supplies are on the shelf in the laundry room - dh doesn't realize how many of things he has. He is constantly hiding stuff in so many multiple places - his area then is clean but my areas get filled. I am just taking it out and putting it where it belongs and mention it to him but this is constant. My closet side is getting buried by his stuff. If he wasn't such a good man (95% of the time lol 8-) )I would complain to him. I have to find a positive way to dealing with this. It might end up on the "hows that working for you card"

hi d lady and d kathryn and all!

Truth instead of thorough cleaning in bathrooms I am just going to do a slip shod surface thing. I have missed 2 x's (2 weeks) of bathroom Tuesday. I missed February 6 and February 13 (next time is February 20) I can't miss 3 because it makes it so hard. :arrow:

I have been trying that pam and peggy thing where if you see it (small thing) just do it after their d mom swiped a smudge that they had put off until that "perfect zone cleaning time" - it took her two seconds. I saw that on our french door going to the dining room from the kitchen - hand and dogs prints - it took a couple minutes to just get those off. 8-) :lol: I make the work so hard when it doesn't need to be.

Hot spot I see: shoes at front door
and vacuum rug there

s2s (instead of junk cloths) :D with a bit of perfume, meds myself and the animals :D
swiped a smudge again
lunch done
dh is swiping his bathroom - I know he can't see it - but the fact that he is doing it is nice.
not going on social media is hard 8-) I didn't realize how mindless, for me, it is
next: work on photos and in between (do 15 minutes in upstairs bedroom where closet stuff is)
prep for dinner tonight [/b]
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:00 pm

:D 2 x 15 paperwork - did and then did put away. I found a couple hundred $ of dd youngers cash that I had thrown with a bunch of papers at thanksgiving. :oops: :roll: :shock: I have been good not stashing and dashing but the holidays throw me for a loop. It took 10 minutes to put away :shock:

Next: setting timer for another 15 for putting other papers away.
buzzer went off on wash - now waiting for dryer to finish.
tomorrow I hope to do an errand day.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Harmony - I have been thinking about your DH changing his mind and now saying he might continue to work. Is he thinking of going to work for someone? I am hopeful he is planning to switch to working for others instead of being self-employed so his decision doesn't trump your retirement.

Math and Reading are finished. We stopped for lunch. Afterward, we will work on grammar, spelling, vocabulary, writing, and history. That might be all we can get done today.

We will pick up DGD6 from school and go directly to church to start cooking. Since tomorrow is only 1/2 day of public school, I am going to let DGD6 stay up past her bedtime. That way we don't have to drive 2 vehicles to church saving 40 miles of driving.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:54 pm

rah rah rah d lady on getting math and reading done. hope you have a great afternoon

Return to “Post When You Can”