Thinning Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thinning Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Finished the blockchain stuff. Unfortunately, as that came out of the blue, there's nothing to be crossed off.

Lunch is done was well. I have had many high calorie (for someone trying to create a calorie deficit) days recently so have removed the bun from my dinner tonight in order to make this a lower calorie day. That will get things back in line, I hope, and opened up space for a carrot with my celery and cucumber this afternoon.

Now, back to work at something. Not quite sure what.

There's laundry to fold so I guess I'll start there and wash up the dishes too. I'll set a podcast timer for 15 minutes and see if I can get both done in that time.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:12 pm

I am down to 5 emails at work now (from 120+). Obviously have not looked at home emails. A lot were OBE. Two got added to my ToDo list. Several would have been part of that list if I had been here. However, others have already dealt with them.

The reason people have trouble with the dye - hyperactivity connection is that most kids are not affected by it at all. People who have never seen it may either not believe it, or simply forget it exists. Perhaps it could be described as a non-life threatening allergy without mentioning the hyperactivity and people may be more careful.

Lunch time.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:16 pm

did another shelf in the fridge :D
did the most slip shod of slip shod's on the powder room... a lazy way but it looks surface clean :D
So the bathrooms are done until next week. :D It longer than it should because of missing 2 cleaning dates
washed 2 more loads of blankets and dog blankets :D
dh emptied the dw for me and through in a load of towels. :D
I was proud of myself yesterday for doing the laundry - flylady cat says the laundry isn't done unless it's washed, dried, an put away - this was an ah ha moment for me. I always considered washing and drying laundry getting the laundry process done; i considered putting away as a separate issue.

I ate horribly for lunch - lots of carbs - :shock: :roll: I can do this - I can eat well. (without a plan I do horribly on eating healthy) I still don't have a menu plan for this week.

Next: my adhd wants me to go full force on the closet stuff in our bedroom but my body and my brain knows that it is not a good idea. I feel like I have a cold in my nose and am feeling head cold and tired. I think I will take care of the card put away and then do 15 minutes only in the bedroom.

i have not taken my morning meds yet - next
I put my bathroom cards to next Tuesday now that slipshod is done :D
setting timer for 15 minutes for bedroom/closet stuff even though I am tired (just to say I got started again)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi.

Still here. A lot more energy today. Had a tearful breakdown at our supper table last night. My grape jello tasted awful This was after trying to eat a "pizza casserole" that dh loved and wants again. To me, it was gross. BUT I am on an inhaler to try to get over this stomach flu, and the list of side effects is that "it may alter your sense of taste. Yay. 12 more days of altered tastes. Toast and butter still seems to taste okay, so I have that fro breakfast. Soda all tastes horrid. (Ginger ale is really starting to get on my last nerve and cola just tasted horrid.) I made a rice pudding for myself.

Supper for dh is steak and ? I will have rice pudding. Not good, but as of this morning, I am still being sick to my stomach. The rice pudding has a few raisins and a tiny pinch of cinnamon.

(((Elizabeth))) re: cat. Happy birthday to your dd.

(((LadyM))) on ds9 and the food dye situation. Start telling people it's an allergy and see if that helps.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:54 pm

I walked the ddog got more rocks to paint these are big. Sun is melting snow away. Dryer is off. Hens are out. One load of laundry is done. Time to fold the next load.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Waving to all!!!
As you probably could have predicted -- after such a productive day yesterday, I slept all day today. But in my defense, I didn't turn off the light until 4:00 a.m. :shock: :roll: DH was catching up on computer, newspapers, etc... and I just kept reading my book (Origin, by Dan Brown.) I am trying hard to replace the habit of playing with my phone at bedtime with the habit of reading real books or magazines at bedtime, eliminating that blue light thing, you know.

So, I've done nothing since waking except read the paper, work the Sudoku, eat-eat-eat, and talk on the phone -- tax man, ddil.
ONE accomplishment -- sent email reminder to retired teachers' group for meeting next week.

I MUST go s2s. It will be time to start supper soon! :shock:
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Pink mildew - it was Harmony who knew something about this when I thought I saw it on a rubber bathmat. Don't remember what she said... ... except that, well, there it was. :| I know sunlight did not help.

Part of me is thrilled to prove how strong of an effect food dye and sugar has on DS9.

LadyM, there is this good news to be happy about, at least. You got good advice here on how to state the situation to others. There are happier gifts of small toys that aren't gone the next day. Sometimes I think "convenience" is a reason for most candy purchases - it's not that it's the true choice, so much as the easy-to-grab.

Well, it's not a "tutorial" but I did post photos in Outdoor Spaces' The Productive Backyard of the "emerging" bean sprouts! ☙ ❧

Did attend the visitation. I just started thinking that I couldn't stand it if I later heard it was poorly attended. I learned in the paper that his was a very small family.

Like blessed, this day will go down as a poor eating day for me, too. I stopped at BoJ because I knew HRH would be happy for a couple of their veggie sides and let myself get talked into their Valentine's berry biscuit special, on super sale! :roll: Think how much VALUE there would have been in not eating that.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Just finished the first two drafts of the fire extinguisher training posters. They were fun to do and I'm pleased with the results. We'll see what my co-worker on this project thinks. One was with his wording, the other with mine. But layout was the same so I pointed him to the clipart I'd downloaded (we share access to that dropbox) and said he could play around as well if he wanted.

Hmmm, time to start work on dinner. I'm getting hungry.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:01 pm

Home for a little bit.

Linda's funeral was special just like she was. She planned every part of it and wrote her instructions down. The church was packed and into the overflow. Linda sure did touch a lot of lives when you consider that she lived her entire life in a super small town and had the mental capability of a 10-year-old. The doctors didn't expect Linda to reach her first birthday, but she defied the odds and lived one month shy of 60 years old. It would be a wonderful world if everyone brought laughter & loved people as much as Linda did.

Time to get DS9 ready for the dance. There is only one dance a year at our little public school and tonight is it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:45 pm

Kathryn - Ear infections are a huge problem in inland Australia - I think you went swimming to escape the heat there, or fungus is another nasty that can effect ears. I'd use olive oil over teatree oil in ears, on the grounds that tea tree can sometimes burn sensitive spots. Or maybe dilute it with olive oil as a carrier/ main part. In truth I've no experience in using teatree oil in ears, and have no idea if it is safe.
Lots of people have pharmacy drops to use after ever possible wet ear possibility. I would not encourage more water in your ears.

Elizabeth - welcome home. Happy Birthing Day. I am so sorry about Stratton. My sympathies to both your family and Briggs.

I am so sorry about the news out of Florida. Prayers for all. For your country and all its people.

LadyM - When things calm down, talk to DS about the food/ dye reaction. See if he can see the link of cause and effect, and decide not to make certain exceptions. I know - that bit can be impossible for occasions that involve lots of outside people. BTDT. It is interesting to see the reactions though, and compare them to other times. (I remember a 7yo coming home from a b'day party, that packet of savoury cheesy things, and a host of other occasions. It can take 3 weeks for the effects to wear off.
Re paining class experiment - first go at anything need not/ rarely does result in a masterpiece.
I hope you and DGS21 will take the time for some no rules painting play just for the fun of it.

Prayers for all affected by grief - LM and Harriet and others ?

Thursday I went to appointment - then bussed on to coast shopping center/s. Coming home - through a storm, then home town was dry thankfully. DDriver let me off at end of the street. I thanked him also for stopping the rain.
In the morning I'd changed a 50 for a wannabe bus customer ... I think it was the same driver.

I need to move.
Breakfast first.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”