Thinning Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thinning Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:38 pm

finished (all but washing the mirror) a superficial but clean run in dh's bathroom. I also wiped all the the molding (not great but clean enough). it took longer than I thought. I also cheated on chair rails and other areas - I wet a swiffer fluffy duster and put cleanser on it - went over rails, also back of toilets.

threw a basket of laundry down the stairs and the dirty towels.

now for d girls bathrooms surface only
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Got the dishes put away and started a LOL. Also made out a check to deposit in our savings account up north. JUST caught the mail lady as she was coming down the road -so it's on its way. Nice. It will be nice to look at that account and see $$$ in it. Makes it easier to transfer funds should I need to by it being in that account.

Editing: Aha! I remembered what I wanted to order: tops for soda cans to preserve the fizz. Dh had a can out and it reminded me.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:24 pm

((Elizabeth and dd16)) So sorry to hear that Stratton passed. Still, it's a good life when a previously feral cat can live in a safe home to the point of starting his second decade. I remember Briggs came home in December after Stratton sent out his messages to him - he was a family oriented cat.

Happy Birthday to Elizabeth's dd!

Kathryn, I hope the itchiness is gone soon. What about wetting a washcloth with hot water and wringing, to place against the back of ear? Glad dgs is better.

Still waffling on attending the visitation (have decided against the funeral afterward for sure).

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:34 pm

I'm sorry about Stratton, Elizabeth. And I had to think, since I thought it was Briggs that was ill before, so thanks for explaining.

I spent time doing reading for my sermon. And then pulling together graphics for a fire extinguisher training exercise the RA is putting on in April. No wonder I have trouble focusing - my responsibilities are so wide ranging!

Dh just sent me a document he wrote on blockchain and his new project so I can review it and say if the executive summary is clear to laymen.

So

Sermon research
Fire extinguisher training
Blockchain
And being booked for babysitting.

Just a normal day around here!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:39 pm

oh d elizabeth I am so sorry about the passing of your sweet kitty.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:47 pm

finished the surface of dd's bathroom. She has to do it Saturday - and she is usually good at it.
I am asking if girls could help me bleaching and cleaning the grout and the tile soon. (for some reason the grout is turning pink??? )

Next lunch: file cards back from bathrooms, do slip shod powder room
order special shampoo (dd younger has to have)
she is at the gym now because her body was stiff yesterday and couldn't go. Lack of meds is making her body feel shaky and lack focus. so keeping a positive outlook for this.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:50 pm

((((Elizabeth death of Furkid))))

Happy Birthday to Elizabeth DD!

Elizabeth - So much happening in your life right now. I'm glad the trip went well.

DS9 attitude is out of bounds this morning. I strongly suspect too much sugar and dye from yesterday gifts. I am frustrated with others who bring him "treats". They are not a blessing. The "treats" come from so many directions that I would have to put him in a bubble to keep them away. Great Grandmothers, his biological Mom, his sister, school friends all delivered treats to him. Add on the church potluck last night with decorated (ie food dye) sweets. Even the strawberries were covered with chocolate (sugar). ARGH.

We have canceled activities this morning because of DS9 attitude. He wouldn't (couldn't) focus and took 3 hours to finish one worksheet ....with the end result of over 50% of it wrong. ARGH!

Part of me is thrilled to prove how strong of an effect food dye and sugar has on DS9. The other part of me is frustrated that we have this knowledge but still can't stop it from happening.

This afternoon schedule -
12:40 DGD6 from school
2:00 Lunda funeral (will go early)
3:15 DH and DS9 to the chiropractor
5:30 DGD6 dance at school
6:30 DS9 dance at school
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:54 pm

it is so hard when people don't listen to what is good for children. They don't seem to believe that food can create issues. (red dye - I understand that one too as well as sugars) - very frustrating d lady. hoping it goes out of his system fast.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:12 pm

The washer twins are going. I have done a round if decluttering in the storage zone! Yea for progress found Easter toys, plastic eggs, stuffed bunnies and dolls to fill a bag and let go of yea me for progress. Plus a stack of books. I worked on seasonal containers and the folding table.

I remembered the Christmas bears they will go out later in a diff. Round. Remembered I have a mirror dgd my want. I painted the back of the bulluten board to match the front it was bugging me. Just one coat looks ok and is drying now.

Next will be the shelf, then shelf number 2. For the next while. Pay roll to nite.

I did a batch of rocks they are drying and some will go out tomorrow. Sun is oyt and roafs habpve melted grass is still white w snow in the shade.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:34 pm

There is some mildew that is a pink color, Blessed. google it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”