First Up Friday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: First Up Friday!

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Ahhh...RR, I should have guessed that. Didn't even think of him. I think I also read every Nancy Drew Mystery there was. Still enjoy reading one here and there.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:49 pm

I was able to declutter some books when I was out and about doing a rock drop yea for progress!

Back from walking ddog.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:25 pm

On my way home on an express bus. I nearly missed my stop because it is so quick. It goes way out to the suburbs so most people don't want it. It does stop at my station, though, so bonus!

<Later - no point starting a new post>

Got home quickly. I'm at 7500 steps for the day because I didn't have to walk dgs around and around while he slept. He was awake the whole time and a happy little boy. He's fun to be with. We spent time on the elevated walkway watching the cars and buses going underneath us. We marveled at the cement truck (he can say cah and buh but doesn't have a word for truck yet.)

We smiled and waved to the people we passed, especially those in wheelchairs. I could tell he was doing this because of the way they'd brighten as we approached.

We flirted with the lady at the concert hall box office. I got my tickets swapped for next week and a bus system map for our new family arriving so I got two errands done.

We spent an hour in the new lobby concert space. It is a beautiful two-plus story glassed in space with views of Parliament Hill, the 'castle' hotel, the old train station and the canal. It is a wonderful space to just relax in but it also has two stages and he loved watching the children who'd come in for a rest and play on the stage (he'd sign for 'more' when they'd stop) and liked walking on the stage himself. He had his snack, we played peek a boo and we were having a nice time just chatting when his mom came so she stayed off for a bit and watched us interact. When he finally spotted her, he climbed down from the window sill he was standing on, and crawled over to her saying "Dada, dada!" Apparently Dada means the parent at hand and Mama means the other parent.

She and I visited for a bit and then we both headed home.

My dinner is almost ready now. Dh's is 10 minutes from being ready. Then I'll get to work tonight. I might have enough for the sermon now, it has been mulling in my head all day. It is still jumbled in there but I hope it comes out fine.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:51 pm

hello - dd younger and I a lovely afternoon. I took her to her blood work up and all their computers were down so we had to wait - we spent the hour looking at photos from 2 years ago on my phone.

then we ate at a local french bistro, that we know the manager, and we sat and chatted with her for hours after the closing the lunch schedule. She was exhausted and I am a little worried about her. My heart went to her because she has been will be working 10 days in a row - long long hours. She looked so so tired. (exhaustion) She is also French (like my mother but from central France) and so full of life! Very funny and always easy to talk to.
Dd and I had a lovely time.

Dd started feeling sick again - she is frustrated but went to Williams Sonoma and now we are home. I could continue on my errands but I will give myself some free time (fun: photos, French, menu and cookbook peering) Dd is resting in a dark room so I am hoping that helps.

I had lost my calendar (found it finally - but it was too late - I missed an appointment: 1 for dog I had cancelled the apple appointment because I could see we would not make it. I do feel bad about the dog appointment. I usually put appointments on the home (everyone) calendar as well as my purse book but I didn't so I missed this appointment. (i know don't be jealous of my day - so exciting ;) 8-) )
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:53 pm

hi d kathryn A happy little boy! how wonderful!

hi d nancy great on decluttering books

It looks like it has been a quiet day so far.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:14 pm

I am going out to car to get rid of some ufo's as I may need to drive tomorrow people - in 2 days will be when we lost very dearest mother in law- last year. we were with her the entire day before she passed (early morning hours) - Heartbroken but I have to remember dh, dd's and d sis in laws and d brother in law and d nieces and d nephews. I want to be strong for them.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:56 pm

I enjoyed Nancy Drew series on net flicks. Kiddos are here h is on his way home. I did the first coat of paint on some rocks. Trying to remember what I told h was for dinner oh I remember turkey sausage. H wanted noodles I have califlour to try in the IP also.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:22 pm

<Sarc> Excellent. Ethiopia is in a state of emergency. The Canadian government has updated their travel warnings to Avoid all travel for parts of the country.</sarc>

Dh flies through it in June. Thankfully, the UK government has a map showing the no-go and go only for essential reasons areas and Addis Abada is not in either of those areas. Still this will require close watch. And why I don't want to go to Africa, things can turn on a dime. It might also explain why getting a flight was so easy and cheap.

Dinner is done. I'll need to exercise tonight because I don't have enough steps so I should get on the treadmill soon.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:47 pm

First up Saturday

I've been mulling over my lack of fitness. Had thought of getting back to tai chi (taoist) even though I reinjured my shoulders there years ago. Last night I looked up bus times, and decided to go but be 7min late - buses are hourly on weekends. Anyway. I got myself there - others are 3 weeks into introductary course. Hoping to pick all the little tweaks this form does as we go along. Advanced class follows intro class.

I met someone to get a lift with next week so that will be easier. I can still catch the bus home.

They are doing a few things differently from 3 yrs? ago, also, the advanced class comes in for a shared 30min, and we practice the first section with them. Later we are invited to stay on and try to 'fudge' our way through the whole set. I tried that. Only intro person who attempted that. At sea with some of it.

then a dash up the road and caught a bus back to home town. Met someone who else repeating into classes catching the same bus.
(though I could see what bakery / café sells, and see if I could bfst there to get around the delay btween tmeds and bfst, and bus times.)
(I noted 2 car yards on the bus route I could scope for 2nd hand cars too.) (am I over catching buses yet?)

Then - library, groceries, bus home. (Found a better way to stow a bunch of celery beside my stacked grocery bags.)
Hauling a much loaded shopping cart is weight training too.
Shopping is away.

I need lunch and a nanna nap.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:11 pm

I'm ready to get to bed now.

I got an amended newsletter out but I still have to make up new posters for the alcohol talk on Wednesday because now it includes marijuana. The public health department is coming to facilitate this so I've written up some questions on pot to get people thinking and hopefully interested in the answers.

The sermon hasn't been touched. I did get my treadmill in though.

I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon but the morning is free so I can get that and the posters and my treadmill in (I won't have time in the evening.)

It will be a busy day tomorrow.

I had toast again tonight. It occurs to me that I've been doing that lately and wondered if it was adding to my better start in the morning (maybe I have more energy to start the day since it is only 7 - 8 hours since I ate rather than 12.)

Return to “Post When You Can”