First Up Friday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: First Up Friday!

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:39 am

Good morning! As expected, last night was dinner at the expensive Chinese place with DDnow16. Then, we picked up the remaining two cats. Stratton's death did not hit home for me until I picked up his empty crate. We are going to have his body necropsied in hopes of determining what may be wrong with Briggs, who had similar symptoms. After not eating, Stratton's face took on the same odd shape as Briggs, so they are likely related in some way. Last night was hard, because he was very much an attention seeking cat.

I emailed the xBFF that I have a delivery for her and her daughter from my traveling companion friend. She wants to get together for drinks to celebrate my birthing day. I suggested meeting at my house, so I can actually have one of those drinks, but have not heard back. If we meet at her house, I have to drive home, so tea or coke for me. Of course, except for my beautiful kitchen, the rest of my house needs some serious work. And it needs to be done before Dad arrives in late March. I also need to plan/reserve our Sedona excursion. Mom is not coming, but it is not because of $$$ or cousin shuttle duty. She hurt her knee and hiking or even walking around town or shopping has no appeal whatsoever. (When Mom does not want to shop, you know it's bad).

I did not sleep well last night. It could have been due to Stratton's absence, but it could also be that I had caffeine at the Chinese place and I no longer need the Benadryl which helps me sleep. I certainly can relate to CathyS with medication induced taste changes. I have a constant bitter taste right now. However, I still prefer these antibiotics because I don't have to worry about allergy induced ER potential. Sulfa drugs are now verboten.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:50 am

no reason for feeling this way - still feel like I am getting a head cold and a bit of a headache is lurking in the distance - I must be getting older bc I am complaining about health lol 8-)

I spent the last bit marking down spending from yesterday
I owe dd younger so I will make out a check for her
ordered a book on audible :D
cleaned out lots of old emails :D
printed out receipts from emails and put them in home book :D
read the newspaper :D
recycled paperwork :D

call today for dd to get hair cut (I know the girl so I said I would call)
dd younger needs to go for blood work today -
she has to call on paying for genetic testing today
dd younger was very pleased that she got a lot of "adult-ing" done yesterday - When she said this it made me smile - funny how she says things sometime - she is really witty like her d aunt is and d Fil was (not har har more like a thought provoking humour)

My How's that working for you:
+found that my swiffer duster wetted and sprayed with the bleach water sprayer does a nice job of getting behind toilets, surface wipes on toilet bottoms, and wood work swiping. I was being lazy yesterday and used this and was pleasantly surprised.
+listing spending today made me feel under control
-gym - not going is a problem and affects my health
-tv at night still my relaxing method (olympics) I want something else in its place (or be busy while it's on)

I don't have a WTF worst things first today - I guess my emails could have been that.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:58 am

hi d elizabeth good morning! (((so sorry re: kitty - it does hit one at these times))) hope your mom heals fast!

hi d dee cleaning out drawers (2!!!!) good work - I think she means Perry Mason? wishing you a good day as well!

hi d lady I am glad you feel strengthened by your homework - wonderful and fulfilling
hope you have fun with the guests

hi d rose have fun with your dear friends! yay on weight coming down too! have a wonderful day

hi d Nancy Look at you all swiffery Good for you so early in the morning.

hi d kathryn what a lovely tidied bedroom!

time to pull cards for today - I have my errands written down in the book I carry
today is empty out car day (as best as I can ;) )

lost my timer!!! :o
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:59 am

Oh my Dee... Perry is my dear friend Perry Mason, the one and only famous Tv attorney. We’ve been friends for a very long time ... since I was about 7 I believe :lol:

After the early news I always start my morning with a visit with Perry and my cup of coffee. It is My treasured vice since becoming retired. During the commercials I scurry around doing my morning routines before focusing on my day.

Though I’ve never read any of Stanley Gardner’s books, between Nancy Drew and Perry I’m sure they are the reason I love detective books.

Some people begin their day with meditation, prayers or their computer, but I prefer my friend Perry. Part of the fun is identifying famous actors who either began or ended their career with Perry. I e seen Robert Redford when he was just a lad, James Colburn who unfortunately killed with in minutes of the story and a HUGE multitude of actors who later turned up on many of the soaps. Paul Fix from the Rifle Man shows up regularly and once even Betty Davis replaced Perry as the defense attorney.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Lunch group is up to 6 now. I might add the 7th person if it works out.

DH is launched to his "time alone". He said he had no idea what he was going to do or where he was going to go. Freedom to choose is so rare that DH and I both struggle with the concept. He typically gives me Friday "off" for several hours, but my time was quickly taken over by DGS21. I blame me because I welcome his company....but that isn't the point. Time alone isn't alone if your entertaining someone. ANYway, I decided to alternate with DH on the Friday alone time. DH needs it too! This is something that I think is hardest with raising kids....it is important to take time for ourselves. Just the act of getting into a vehicle by yourself is weird. Being alone gives a different perspective that is lost when always "on" with parenting and grandparenting.

Need to do some planning.
** Set up calendar/schedule Sunday through Saturday
** Menu plan for the week - big rocks level
** Plan/prep children church lesson for Sunday
** Plan/prep homeschool lessons
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:42 pm

1 x 15 (dh put the timer on the fridge instead of my desk)
shiny sink
emptied dw
filled with few items from breakfast

dd younger asked if I would go with her for blood work - then she will come with me on errands - I might surprise her w lunch out. I will probably have soup as I had breakfast - we shall see.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:43 pm

hi d rose
hi d lady

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:14 pm

My first up today was horrible. I woke to a tornado of problems and paperwork and phone calls inside the house. I picture it just like Kansas and I am Toto.

Blessed, pink might be a fungus, not a mold. Since it is grout (a concrete product) which can be porous, it could also be absorbing some color from a cleaner. But probably not. People here with swimming pools (also concrete-type products) get it and go to a swimming pool company to get a chemical which kills it. We had it at old house on the outside along the bottom on the stucco and had to treat.

Yesterday I did 5 loads of laundry and all are hanging and I am out of space. When I can bring some in and fold it away I will do 2 more. I just had extra this time, sheets, towels, blankets.

Seems like today is going to be hectic, it already has been. I need to empty dishwasher next and see what's dry to bring in.

Elizabeth, sorry to read about DCat. I know they all have good homes with you.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:18 pm

oh interesting!!! thanks d harmony!
Keep safe d harmony (I don't want you to be Dorothy or Toto)
wow five loads of laundry - I wish you would help me at my house :D Good for you!
Hope today is good!

Most of first floor vacuumed - put front room off
counters washed
stove wiped (bread crumbs ;) from this morning I think)
heading out - have a lovely day everyone

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:23 pm

At the mall with dd. She is doing one more potty with dgs before handing him over to me.

We met earlier than I expected and not in the area of downtown for the hair stylist.

Dgs was asleep when she arrived but while I was using the bathroom the blanket over the stroller got askew. Turns out he was lifting it up to see where he was! So now I have to feed him lunch. That should take the whole time.

Return to “Post When You Can”