First Up Friday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

First Up Friday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:00 am

I might be first up! (Only because Lady M is in another time zone!)

Tea is ready and I'm going to settle in and try and come up with a sermon.

What is first up for you today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: First Up Friday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:13 am

I think I might finally be caught up on sleep. This is the second morning in a row when I've woken around 4:30 after 6 hours of sleep. Yesterday I told myself I'd stay in bed until 5:30 and fell back asleep until 6:30. Today, I was awake from 4:30 to 5:30 so got out of bed then.

I'm pretty awake considering I have no need to be out of bed, so I'm guessing my body is finally caught up. Even earlier this week I was in bed 9 hours a night and still dragging in the morning.

Normally, when given as much sleep as I want (i.e. when dh is away), I settle into needing 7.5 hours a night so I knew I was still struggling with either fighting illness, or residual jet lag, partly because I'm done-in between 8 - 9 each evening. Dh is as well so we've been getting to bed early each night, but today was the first day I was totally finished with bed so early in the morning.

There's a fly in the room, making noise around the lights. I hate that. And the thought that I'll be dealing with flies again. We used to have them at the house and I hated them. I had 3 years of being fly-free and then they showed up late last summer. Winter killed them off but eggs must be hatching now that the weather is getting warmer. I had hoped for the plastering to be done soon but with the living room full of extra furniture, that won't happen since I'll need to move all the network equipment and my rolltop desk (or the couch and a two bookcases) and there's no place to move them to (it will take about a week for the work to be done in each room and every room has a lot of work to be done, but only this room has the flies, I think due to a big hole in the wall next to the window.)

Ok, first up for me is to go over my sermon notes and see if I have a sermon somewhere in there. At this point, nothing is jumping out at me.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:00 am

we had a fly in the house the other day and couldn't figure out where it came from - I never realized that means that some mama fly laid eggs in my house :shock: Thank goodness it was the only fly (cats chased it down and I haven't seen it since :D )

good morning d kathryn - I am glad you were first to start us - always lovely to see you.
wonderful that your sleep is getting normalized to your current time zone

Happy Friday to everyone!

d Lucy and d nancy great way to finish your day yesterday!

have a great day or evening to all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:14 am

dd younger had a productive day yesterday! Emotionally and physically is struggling but is pushing herself forward

today: I still haven't planned menu's and ordered biaggi's which sends my budget out the window already so that is a must.
hoping to do:

errands
1 " of photos
15 min of french
I put aside today to work in our bedroom to continue putting away for the closet. giving dh the donations.
I have a load or two of laundry to do
list spending and add up (making it a daily again) :D
rejoin botanic gardens today
dailies
empty email :D
read the ones I have been putting off - I have one site that I have been meaning to read and I have been putting it off. :D
appointment for computer 1:45 leave at 1:25 :shock: :roll: had to cancel :arrow:
xerox will stuff for others that need to change accounts.

dw washing the dishes - I emptied
d animals fed and watered
me: fed and watered ;) sorry couldn't resist
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:42 am

I'm now s2s. Weight is steady which is good since I weighed myself after breakfast this morning, so maybe another small loss. My body is slowly returning to its regular routine in other ways as well. I'm amazed it has taken three weeks this time.

Bedroom is tidied. Kitchen morning dishes need doing but aside from that it is tired.

I didn't get much done on the sermon but I did create my preaching spreadsheet for the year. It lists each week, where I'm preaching, the liturgical meaning of the week (i.e. this is Lent 1) and any secular influences (i.e. long weekends, Mother's Day) and then the readings. I print it off and paste it in my worship resource book since I'm reusing one from 2012.

Then I emailed my minister friend to confirm my preaching dates for him. He's away this weekend (I knew that but forgot before I hit send) but he did get back to me right away to say everything was on track and he'd double check next week. I need to have all the planning in place because I'm going to have to work ahead in order to get through the spring without too much stress.

In the meantime, back at this Sunday coming up and I still don't have a sermon or a spark.

Not sure if I should push through on that or switch to another task.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:53 am

I've been up since 7:30 but awake long before that. Got up at 6:30 & took my T-med. Just didn't want to disturb dh. Knew he and dd didn't get in until about 11 last night. It'll be the same tonight. I'll take him to meet dd at school and bring back her rider. I'm still coughing but each day seems a little better. Looking forward to being healthy again.

Dnieces wanted to come over Wednesday night to see dd but she didn't even get home until after 7pm and then had dinner and off to bed. One dniece called about 7:40 to see about coming over. It's a good half hour and probably more by the time they left and were able to get here. DD just has to get up way too early -shortly after 4:30am and leaves at 5:30. And she had hockey games in Orlando last night, tonight and tomorrow night. Hopefully they'll be able to meet us for coffee tomorrow morning. But the niece from SC had said she wants to leave super early for Orlando tomorrow. So we'll see.

I've managed to make our bed, do the dishes, wash my hair and got a LOL going. In fact it's probably ready for the dryer twin.

My weight is finally looking like it's on a downward trend too, Kathryn. About time.

Looks like another nice day out there. We're headed for a new record. In 1932 Tampa hit over 80* 13 days of February. We're working on day 11 and the next several days look like they'll all be over 80. Too early for this much warmth.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:07 am

I was up 1st here today even before the hens. Strarted coffee, this morning I swiffered the master bathroom floor, vacuumed the living room, breakfasts & journaling are done.

I was thinking about this could not sleep any more so just got up.Musical dressers any one? We have dressers to move here, I have talked to h about this and warned him, the one he is using his dad made from the farm is too small. The obe he can trade it out for is bigger the that will free up space for the one I want to bring back upstairs with wheels and no bottom drawer space to vacuum under it will work better by the bed.

There are desks to decide on but that is for another week lol!
I have emptied the vacuum after vacuuming the living room.
Dumped the trash. Did a swish n swipe on the last bathroom changed out the towels, and rounded up the laundry yea for more progress.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:11 am

Morning y’all...

I’m up and ready for the day. On my second up of coffee and Perry is abt to start.

Today is my monthly meetings with my girl friends. We meet at 11:30 and the joke is when I leave, Sweetie says ... See you at 5.

Well that’s because when 4-7 of us get together there’s a lot of catchin’ Up to do. We all taught together for over ten years and we’ve formed quite a bond considering all the marriages, deaths, births and problems we shared together ... we remain more like family than friends.

Add me to the... my weight is coming down group. My pants are getting loose, but Harriet these are my “big” pants... no darts needed I have smaller size pants I’m getting ready to slide into.

Waving to y’all. Off to start my day... take time to breath and enjoy yours :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:13 am

I tried to stay in bed until 6am but gave up around 5:30. I am averaging 7hrs of sleep a night which is excellent for me.

My first up for today was tackling my OA homework & meeting for the day. I like getting it done early for a couple reasons.
* It is usually quiet in the morning while DKids are still sleeping.
* I am mentally & spiritually strengthen from doing the homework
* I can cross those daily steps off my daily list and know they are taken care of

I will have 5 here for lunch today so I spent some time planning & prep for that meal.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:19 am

Been meaning to ask for a very long time: Who is "Perry", RR?

Just cleaned out 2 drawers in the kitchen. Woohoo! I'm starting to make progress again. Also found a painting dsonil did of a hockey player for dgs18. DD had put it away at Christmas. Took me all of 10 seconds to locate it this morning -in the art room -a place we both looked when DS-R & DDIL were here Sunday. But we were in too much of a hurry I think and the painting is also a bit smaller than I thought so didn't really look in the spot where it was.

Waiting to hear back from dniece to decide if we're going over to dbil/dsisil's or not. Texted her over an hour ago.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”