Sweet or Sassy Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Sweet or Sassy Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:51 pm

Looking in, we are on our way home. See you all tomorrow!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:16 pm

We went to the new taco bell, underwhelmed w it. Stopped by thr store on the way home got the pie we talked about 4 val. Only a bit late. I was goibg to go to Joanns but forgot my money. Saved me some $. Lol!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:17 pm

Be safe on your trek, Twins'.

Must post without CUOPosts - no chance to get here yet today.

When I last checked in, I was trying to decide about the funeral home again - I went.

So another visitation yesterday, seeing some important people from my childhood. As I thought about it the night before, realizing that a very special matriarch - my dmother's best friend - didn't have "anyone" to go specifically "for" her except me (she passed away when ds was 2, and had no children), I knew I had to attend her dsisil L's visitation. I felt a little out of place, but then recognized one daughter and then another. Then their cousin, who introduced me to her daughter as "my cousin" :) almost made me cry with that remembrance and how close to the truth it always was.

She drove a long way to get here, carrying a very tasteful framed, multi-matted arrangement of photos of her aunt L in various family groupings. As I stood there staring at it, I could hear L's unusual voice clearly, as she would fuss from her kitchen during the times she was The Mom In Charge of us girls. :) I recognized the photo of L's dh and little girls around her, which was precious to my dmother's friend - I think she loved it because she was the one who had insisted on taking it after church one day, circa 1960.

Back home, I weeded the garden in my visitation clothes, deep in thought. No explanation for that.

Shook myself out of it, went in and changed, and then back out to work a little more sensibly.

Received my order of a couple new-to-me used books, one on pain and one a desk reference. Another I had ordered mostly because it was a signed copy, was cancelled by the bookstore when they realized they could no longer find it. Oh, well.

Today has been intensive church Desk Day, chasing down a discrepancy but finally getting the report compiled. It rained, stopping my weeding streak, but it wasn't a soaking rain, so maybe I can get back to that Monday.

Both boys came over this afternoon, along with ds' children, who adore Uncle J (dstepson). After the children had to go home, dstepson took HRH out to supper and I stayed home and S2Sed for tomorrow.

In the coming week, I'll take care of toddlerC both Mon and Tues mornings.

Return to “Post When You Can”