Sweet or Sassy Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Sweet or Sassy Saturday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:28 am

You choose your attitude for the day. Will it be Surly, Sweet, Sassy, Snobby or what?

I am living through male hormones overload. Several times a day that attitude choice is given. Consequences are based on the decision.

What will your attitude choice and consequence be today?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Sweet or Sassy Saturday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:45 am

Yesterday's lunch was a memory maker. DD and 3 of her kids were gathered around our dining room table. We ate. We sat together and laughed. We made plans together. Precious Moments. Miracle Moments. I am loving watching DD pull herself out of a really dark phase of her life.

DGS21 stay at our home for 5 hours yesterday along with his 6 loads of laundry and 2 dogs. Never a dull moment. DGS21 taught DS9 and DGD6 how to do some science experiments.

DGS21 has a new puppy. A 9 week old greyhound dog. He had no business getting his 3rd animal in a tiny apartment. It is a lease breaker. I suspect it will be a painful adulting lesson for him. But putting aside all the reasons he shouldn't have another animal......this little greyhound puppy is cuteness overload. I had to make myself resist getting one for us. But I am holding firm on limiting us to 3 dogs.

Today we are checking into the world of archery competition. DS9 will have an hour-long archery lesson to get the feel of whether it is something that interests him. We will also go watch a local archery competition.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:49 am

quick hi - running late - woke up late so I missed the breakfast part of this morning.
but thats okay because I ate chocolate last night - not just a little - why I do this at night. then I couldn't sleep bc of the chocolate 8-) that little kid in me ;)

dd older is sick with the fever and aches and pains. I knew she was sick bc she said she took tyleno-l and she only takes an aspirin

thank you so much d lady for starting us!

decluttered kitchen, sink clean (not shiny shiny but good enough). cloroxed handles etc. dd younger is taking a shower and then we are heading out.
take care dear ones. have a wonderful day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:51 am

Morning...

LadyM...
How exciting for your family table fun. Know it must have filled your heart

For several summers I took archery at camp. I loved it. Back then there was no way for me to advance that sport after I left. Wish there had been cause I loved it and was really good at it. I have ADD but back then no one knew much about it. However what I remember most is I had to really cncentrate and narrow my mind when it came time to set my arrow in my bow correctly to shoot. When I did that correctly the result was I hit the target and could place it where it was suppose to go.

I later became a surfer, but had archery been available I would have done that as well.

I see laundry in my future along with a light home blessing.

Waving to y’all ... off to start my day enjoy yours.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:09 am

Good morning dear ladies

We have rain here, not going to complain about that, could be worse.

I’m suffering through a bladder infection. Not fun! On antibiotics and drinking lots and I see some improvements..will go to work and keep bottles of water with me. Thankfully I work with a great group of women who will help me get extra bathroom breaks.

Got to help dear brother with his morning routine, get dgs up bathed and dressed, make my lunch and try to get de loaded. DH has grandpa duties today once I leave.

Great day to all!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:16 am

Bless you, Sadie, for taking on yet another 'care-taker' role. How old is your dgs?

Still coughing, Oh yeah. :( Closing in on 7 weeks now. My dr. up home said a lot have had it for 6-8 weeks. Does this mean I can be over this &*)^^% in a week?

light home blessing.
I first read this as "lighthouse blessing".
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:27 am

can't go to the gardens after all as dd older is very sick and I am taking her to the dr. dd younger is still going to meet dh's d sisters. The botanic gardens was one of d moms favourite places.

d sadie (heal fast sweet one)

hi d dee coughing - that has to stop - I will tell your body right now :arrow: Stop and let d dee feel better.

hi d rose - how cool that you did archery and surfing! have a good day. Hope your laundry behaves

d lady
Yesterday's lunch was a memory maker
how lovely for you.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:42 am

Hi.

I'm a grumpy woman this morning. Dh is refusing to cuddle because he doesn't want to get sick. So I decided that if I am too sick for a cuddle, then I am too sick to go to Rona and wherever else he was going this morning. I also called the president of our W. I. group to tell her I can't make it to our meeting on Tuesday. It's the annual craft day and the celebration of 121 years of Women's Institutes around the world. We all take turns at being the "hostess" and this was "my" meeting as hostess. That just means that we provide the milk and cream for tea and coffee. IF it was a regular meeting, I would have also been responsible for the snack/cookies/cake.

I feel very sad about missing this meeting, but I don't want to make anyone else sick. Including my dh.

So far today I have swept the entire kitchen floor, because dh wants to put some clear silicone over where the grout is coming up in the floor. We have been getting ants all winter and now they have decided to get up on the counters. I wiped the entire counter down with Lysol wipes the other day and they still came up to look for food. We are getting fed up with it, so it's time to try to stop them.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Oh, thank you, Blessed. I'm really ready for this to be gone, gone, gone!! :evil:

DD just left to go to Plant City with dsonil. He's taking his Mom's car back and coming back with dd. He'll drive the jeep when he goes back over. He was busy trying to calm things over there (from here) this morning. Guess his dMom had told everybody to 'get out'. They've all been there, including his dsis (in a hospital bed) since late yesterday. He plans to put his foot down and tell them he's leaving here in about 2 weeks to go north and that HE HAS TO WORK! They don't get it that he has absolutely no income coming in and all the extra mouths to feed are costing him dearly. I have no doubt there's a big explosion coming. His poor sis was quite sick by the time they got her to his dMom's from the hospital last evening. Have to wonder how long all of this is going to go on. Dr. did tell his mom this week that "you look great, but you do realize you're a ticking time bomb." It's their hope that her Bsugar will go whacko again in the middle of the night and she just goes to sleep. She ate breakfast Monday and it went down in the 40's. Drank OJ and it went up to 50's and drank more juice & finally got it up to 105.

Just ran into a snafu for dh's return trip to Orlando the 13th. He isn't due in until 7:30pm. It will be dark and I don't do after dark. It's also my next church council meeting which I hate to miss. But dd just told me she has a get-together for alumni from her college in the next town at 5-8. Just dawned on me that we go on Daylight Savings time the weekend before. In fact FL is deciding whether to just stay on DST year round. Would be ok with us. It would be light later in the day. Know the problem there is kids getting the bus in the dark. But I know up north a lot of them come home in the dark with after school activities, etc.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:53 pm

I'm not sweet or sassy today. I'm just :|

I did another LOL last evening. That makes 6 in the past few days. Today I brought everything in and folded it all away. Last night I did the down blanket. It was beginning to smell like an old chicken coop in there. (sorry Nancy). I've never had the blanket do that. When it came out of the dryer still wet inside due to it's balling up in the dryer, the smell was pretty strong. I laid it out across a couple chairs and it air-dried and now all I smell is the fabric softener.

Have anybody ever had that problem with a down blanket or comforter?

I should go out and get a haircut. We'll see. DH is out with the car right now.

Off to eat breakfast.

Return to “Post When You Can”