Sunday Reflecting

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Sunday Reflecting

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:44 am

Moderator's Note: we had two Sunday topics and when I merged, I got them backward so the least used became the topic post but the rest of the See You On Sunday posts are in this thread.

We're about to start a new week. What will you reflect on today, to set priorities and prepare, and remind yourself of important things?

I need to reflect on my cards and plans and see where the corners of my household need to be tugged into place. :)

blessedw2

See you Sunday!

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:45 am

Good Morning (or Good evening) It is so good to see you This good Sunday.
D Twins is back as of last night :D

Today I don't have a plan but thought the nicest way to start my day is to see all the beautiful positive and supportive women here. What a great way to start a day. So Happy Sunday to all of you.

Wishing you the best!!!

Welcome in - enjoy and look forward to the morning or evening... just let it be - relaxing. you deserve it!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: See you Sunday!

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:03 am

yesterday I felt a bit of empathy illness (probably) :lol: and slept from 3 until 7 but feel so much better today.

dd older has influenza A and was a sick puppy; the tamiflu is making her feel better. I know if she had not gone in yesterday (on dd and my nagging) she would have been in the hospital. It hit her hard (even though she is super fit - which still shocks me that even really healthy people are getting this flu).

I appreciated that she wore a mask around me and others. this one lady - my age- who had been at urgent care at the same time with dd older also had the flu (she acted pretty good but must not have had the debilitating type of flu but had the flu just the same); but then in the Wal greens she didn't have a mask and ended up standing in line at the pharmacy next to me coughing on me - :shock: - chatting up a storm around other people including a child. (rather selfish of her not wearing a mask knowing that she was sick in my opinion only)

It's a beautiful morning after the 1" of soft snow. It's sparkling! It is 15 degrees right now. we are supposed to have 60's one day this week 8-)

have a lovely day dear ones!

Listening to Sunday Morning in the background. I still haven't planned a menu - I perused my cookbooks but nothing hit me so I put that task to this morning. I was overcomplicating my cooking goals this week when I need them simple if I want to finish the closet/bedroom. Originally I had planned on stripping paper in the front room and look for new couch or material to cover couch but I am not done with the work I started 2 weeks ago.
Plus I want to have coffee with a dear friend and see another of my d sis in laws. Keep it simple! :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:10 am

Good morning, Blessed! and good morning to all who follow!

I'm up and have just got off the treadmill. I cannot express how much easier it was to do it in the morning (after tea and chocolate but before breakfast) than after dinner. I was able to keep up at 3 mph for the whole time, normally I struggle at 2.9 mph for part of the time.

My reasoning for this morning was that I'm always so exhausted after preaching, that the only way I'd get my steps in today was to do the treadmill first thing. I have managed to bank a fair number of steps for the week so I now know I'll make a 10K daily average for the week even if I spent the rest of the day in a wheelchair.

Now to have my breakfast and then get dressed.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 am

Morning y’all...

I am up to a clean home, clean clothes and clean sheets on the bed... guess you can call it a clean sweep :lol:

Went out to eat last night at on of our favorite places. Had to eat causiously with grilled chicken and salad. Brought my own dressing and still can not drink any type of soda, but the company was good!

Tomorrow I am taking Willis to a Caesar Milan, the Dog Whisper, trained trainer to have him evaluated. Willis is a gentle dog but gets excited and does the whiny yelping dance when he sees other dogs. I can’t take him on all the hiking trails around me because many people let their dogs off leash ... which is against the law but do it anyway. Willis is a weird looking dog as he has the body shape of a boxer, with little feet but a pit l looking face. So I’m concerned that is a dog fight should occur on the trails, my dog would be blamed even though Willis would be leashed.

Anyway Yoni, like Caesar, has great success with type of dog behavior and I am excited to learn how to deal with this. Sweetie and I are taking a road trip to see my son and new to me daughter and are taking Willis with us. This will be his first road trip. Sadie the wonder dog traveled with all the time when it was just her so we are looking towards to doing this again with Willis. My “kids” are thrilled we are bring him. They foster dogs and miss having one in their home.

Off to start my day... coffee is done. Now I need to get Willis car harness out and adjusted for tomorrow’s visit. Yoni’s home is an hours drive from ours so this will be a great way to see how Willis handles the harness. In the past I just set up his kennel in the car and Willis traveled this way, but for safety sake I like this easy better .
Last edited by Ramblinrose on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 am

I am up have fed animals & me. Did a rock drop. h is not up yet. More coffee & rock painting.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:01 pm

A quick hello d kathryn, d rose, d nancy and d everyone.

I am loosing focus and having too much fun here so I have to get to adult life without making it too complicated :D

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:57 pm

I was up around nine a.m. I think, that is EST again. We were home about midnight last night. Took awhile to fall asleep, time change? Long flights? back to reality? back to normality?

Our "other" son Z is in town briefly with his girlfriend, whom we have not met. They're coming at 4:30 this afternoon for a visit, but not able to stay for dinner. Dd and ds will stay to eat with us.

I need to get started on my day, and need to do some planning for the week. On the flight I read a lot of The Twelve Week Year https://www.amazon.com/12-Week-Year-Oth ... 1118509234 which is a companion to my Best Self journal and planning "system." It advocates planning on a 12 week cycle to get things done. I need to get a plan underway for my portfolio for certification. I am so sure I will get there, yesterday I showed dh on Facebook one of the BCG posts congratulating a new "associate" and told him that will be me some day. (Also will be my friend Emily within the next six months, I'd predict.)

-breakfast and meds
-empty dishwasher, clear kitchen counters
-change clothes, brush teeth, wash up
-walk the dog
-sort laundry and start a lol
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:26 pm

Annnnd, I agreed to do a monthly "From the archives" article for the temple bulletin. Understood that deadline was next Friday, 23 Feb. Got surprised (yet again) by the guy who does the newsletter emailing yesterday to say that he's doing the newsletter this weekend. I wanted to do some additional research this week before finalizing the article, but it seems that's not possible.

If you remember from my presidential days, he is constantly changing the deadline and surprising those who contribute.

I just emailed asking that he put the dates on the temple calendar. :twisted:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:04 pm

I am so sorry but it will be another quick hi (I so want to read what you all are doing today!)

Hi d twins welcome home!
I can't wait to hear how you like the book and how to incorporate it into daily life.

finished with perusing the cookbooks - and had fun with it - no stress once I cancelled out the perfectionist ADHD thinking. Menu's planned and very happy about it.

frustrated at one cat as she jumped on my cart and tossed my card file to the ground hitting the dog. I know I should have cleaned it up right away but I didn't want to get sidetracked. I have been sitting on my franny for a long time but I had fun reading and enjoying my books and loving a video that d harriet suggested on youtube for cooking. I think I will become a fan of theirs and can't wait to try their heart healthy recipes.

wishing you all the best. shower to shoes - shower done! time for picking up my card file
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”