Sunday Reflecting

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: See you Sunday!

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:13 pm

So frustrated the kids were fine on Fri the colds came back. The younest one is on meds. Amoxicillian... but is fussy. No fever but he is teething. Sigh.
Bot the nap beds made up, made my bed, dumped the upstairs trash.

Had to track down my phone it was in the rig. I was late with one of my meds. Bc I did not hear the reminder.

Boiled & peeled eggs for lunches, and made up pasta salad for that as well.
Sealed rocks are drying.

I gotta go do kids lunch round. X
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:39 pm

my card file is back to normal
I finally balanced my checking account
paid bills
emptied a lot of photos on my computer

now to do bwp
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:44 pm

My we're still on page one? I thought I posted earlier but evidently not. Went to church with dh this morning. Should have stayed home. Coughed through an excellent service and have done nothing but since we got home.

Just finished putting up dh's and my meds for the next two weeks. The Daytona 500 is on and I'll probably watch off and on. Dsonil was watching just as it started and he got a call from his niece. His Mom told her and her son-in-law to get out and not come back. Now mind you his sister (wife of the sonil & mother of the granddaughter) is there recuperating as well. So dsonil has gone back to try to find a 'calm'. Talk about family dynamics/drama. He's been planning on the granddaughter being there so he can leave for up north to work. The sonil also called our dsonil to tell him he would not be back. Yi, yi, yi.

Just finally gave in and used my inhaler. Hate to as it makes me so jittery for about 2 hours after.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:17 pm

howdy!

hi d dee sorry your cough is still such a problem! ((shakiness with albuterol))

thank you reminding me about meds - I need to do that too. (((d sil))). is the daughter recuperating at her d mom's house when her mom is sick.

hi d nancy sorry about the colds coming back.

hi d twins always so happy to have you back.

hi d rose
I am up to a clean home
wonderful - very cool that you will be with the trainer for your dog.

hi d kathryn - bwtg on the treadmill and before church. hope you are having a nice day.

wishing you a lovely day everyone here!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Church service went well. We had 8 which is up 3 from last week. The residents are working harder at getting more people out to service. When I started, I'd get 10 - 15 each week (with a high of 20, one week.) Then regulars died and I guess they were the ones encouraging others to come out. I was down to 10 on a good week, then M moved to the nursing home so that dropped me to 7 on a good week (her daughter-in-law and granddaughter would come each week.)

I feel bad about 'retiring' but at the same time I'm thrilled I have my 2 week break now and this past week was really difficult to come up with a good service.

Since getting home I've had a big veggie and hummus snack and that's it. I have enough extra calories that I get to have potato with my dinner tonight. I'm excited about that. Dinner is cooking now, I'll do the cleanup since dh is cooking.

Dh is working on a delivery for NZ. He tried to get it done before we left but couldn't make the deadline. I spent the late morning designing a great poster for the presentation Wednesday night. I need to get those up this evening.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:52 pm

(((d sil))). is the daughter recuperating at her d mom's house when her mom is sick.
Afraid so, Blessed. They transferred the sister from the hospital to her Mom's house -they put a hospital bed in for her in one of the bedrooms. The plan was for the granddaughter to care for them both so dsonil can go north. That's obviously not going to happen. What needs to happen is for his Mom to go into assisted living or something at this point. Sure it will all work out as it's supposed to. It's obvious that things are going on with his mom more than just 'family'. Think they really need to call in a social worker or something.

DD is busy making supper. I've coughed all day long with more congestion. Just when I thought things were getting better.

Need to take our car in tomorrow and leave it for however long it takes for the dealership to fix it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:04 pm

Yesterdays Archery lesson was a success. DS9 loved it. His fingers and arms were sore by the time he finished the lesson. We came home with a Genesis competition bow, 6 arrows, glove and target. It was the recommended setup to get him started. Now it is a matter of DS9 practicing. The majority of practice will be done at home. He will take lessons to ensure he doesn't pick up bad form or habits. The world of youth competition archery is highly regulated to ensure everyone is on equal grounds. Typically schools groups compete but we have been told that homeschooler can compete without a school group. I need to investigate that to make sure it is correct.

Church this morning was busy. DH and I team-taught 3-5 year old group (9 of them). Today's lesson was about the 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish. I took bread and canned fish for them to hold and get a visual of the lesson. Then I had them practice sharing food by putting canned food into the Food Bank box. The 40 minutes or so the class last goes by in a flash. I'm so busy that it seems like it is about 5 minutes.

DGD6 is here for the day and night. DD is working a double shift today so she can be off tomorrow.

I did a little planning for the upcoming week. I am looking for a break in activities so I can make progress on some projects. It's not going to happen this week. Besides the normal stuff we also have FIVE medical appointments this week. One of them is DH oral surgery (pulling 3 jaw teeth).

DBro is expecting to find out the status of his cancer this week since he has finished his chemo treatments. Literally a life or death report. DMom is on pins-n-needles waiting to find out the results. If DBro is in remission he has selected a clinical trial he is going to do. He said it is only a 3-hour treatment once a month.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Re: Sunday Reflecting

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:22 pm

so sorry I didn't see this one d harriet

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:32 pm

d dee I know your d sil s mom is on hospice so I don't know if they will allow her to be in an assisted living facility because she will get to a point where she will need 24 hour care. I am praying for her and for your d sil - I am sure it will work out. Does the hospital/hospice offer a senior social worker? I will be thinking of them that the right answers come their way.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:35 pm

I hope he is looking to have fun first and learn the holding and release; competitions and comparing himself against another so fast might frustrate him too early. I am so glad he had such a wonderful time! I will be thinking of your dh this week!

Return to “Post When You Can”