Mopping Up Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Mopping Up Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 pm

dishwasher is on -dinner done - I still have dishes in the sink and need to wash the counters
the floor is going to be what it is
groceries put away

hi d harriet - I am so sorry it made you pensive -

you have been busy at a early time! how fun! I love that she is so tickled by your dh's friend - so cute. loved that you took a nap too!
wonderful on your garden project!!! Sounds so cool!
Hope your little one is not sick tomorrow. hope tomorrow is fun at your sweet toddlers house. Have a great day tomorrow.

My dh, as he has aged, has become vulnerable (perfect word) to outside voices. But for my dh; he sometimes creates a bubble to what he reads or listens to on the news and like minded people etc. I worry about his growth and limiting his views to just a few voices .

d lady I am so glad the quinoa turned out great! I am sure adding the broth really made it tasty. ((sorry about your dh)) hope he feels better. wow on the phone - so scary about phone.

hi d twins - it fun to hear how your dd is entertaining and decorating.

watching the olympics. I can't believe it's 9:18 pm already.

I may come back but for now sweet dreams!
(or where ever you are and if its morning or afternoon - have a wonderful day)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:27 pm

I painted a half of a bucket of rocks painted they have had glitter on the and that dried an they have been sealed and I put away supplies from that project.

Another gal yas taken over the trading post sort of a relief bc of the vandals. The next shelf will be bigger so I painted extra ones.

Now that dinner is over I can sweep and mop as I did not get that done yet. I need to load the dishes and get going on the after dinner routine. X
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:46 am

Oh no more sickness in families. I'll be so glad when this flu season is over.

I shouldn't be up. I must be up really early tomorrow morning. But I know if I go to bed too early I end up not sleeping and get antsy and then I'm awake even longer. If I'm tired once I'm in bed I actually get more sleep, even if it's late.

I guess I am nervous about tomorrow.

My bedroom looks spectacular! It's so clean. And it smells great too! I used a lemon lysol spray cleaner and rinsed as I went. I was cleaning the window frames inside with it and had one window cracked open a couple inches (with screens in) and a bee kept trying to get in. I guess the lemon smelled good to it too!

Got all the fresh linens on. I cooked dinner and cleaned up.

Finally caught one of the two little lizards who think they just have to live in this house. I never kill them, but I try to catch them and put them back outside. This one freaked me out because it kept staying in my bathtub and I couldn't catch it. Finally cornered it and got it outside. Then I deep cleaned the whole bathroom. I used clorox in the water too. Now if I could only catch the other one. It'll be great to use the bathtub again and not walk over to the shower in the other side of the house.

Wish me luck tomorrow. Maybe they won't need me. They have called 140 people to show up and I am nervous something really big is happening to need that many people. This is just a county courthouse, not a regional one so it can't be something criminal (I hope, I hope). Praying I can do what's required of me if I am asked.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:52 am

d nancy - wow vandals - that's terrible.
hope you had a nice dinner!

d harmony Good luck tomorrow!!! Our courthouse does that all the time. I hope they won't need you. saying my prayers for you.
So happy you have such a lovely bedroom!!! Sounds wonderful! Great job on all your hard work.

emptied the dishwasher, cleaned out the sink, put the recycling out in the garage,
I need to put my cookbooks away tomorrow, ,counters cleaned but tomorrow I have to do a put away in the kitchen
laundry is drying, dogs have been outside.

hoping tomorrow:
cooking,
(it's supposed to be 60 of all things tomorrow but rain - then the next day 38)
bathrooms, laundry (dh and I)

can't fall asleep - it's pouring outside
everyone else is asleep (at least I hope dd younger is resting)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:53 am

Hi everyone! I got everything done on my list, but I changed B&B to get Mardi Gras museum pictures off of phone and out to Traveling Companion Friend. All else done, along with: put away those last 4 items from yesterday's LOL, cook black eyed peas and fried rice, followed by complete cleanup of the resulting mess. All the usual nightly stuff is done. Puzzle procrastination is complete and I have 10 minutes until my goal bedtime (11 pm). I will enter one transaction into Quicken then off to bed!

I am thinking of lucylee and her family.

Good night everyone.

Return to “Post When You Can”