Mopping Up Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Mopping Up Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:32 am

What needs to be mopped up, moved back, put away, dealt with from the weekend?

Do it!

(For instance, I just moved the two Sunday posts into one so the PWYC is cleared up. At first I thought Harriet had forgot today was Monday and just named the thread incorrectly!)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Mopping Up Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:37 am

I have too long a list to share!

I have remade the bed with fresh sheets after sewing the shredding duvet cover back together enough to hopefully last one more week.

I have reserved two twin duvet covers at BB&B for pickup tomorrow afternoon. They were the best I could find easily online and I get to continue my do not use A-River promise to myself.

I have finished my breakfast and s2s. Hair should be styled, though.

I have made a list for today and have done the first item, accept a payment transfer from dd for her meds I picked up last week. Apparently my bank is not allowing me to log-in so I'm glad I have two banks. I got the money deposited into the other bank.

Today is a weird holiday. It is still not a federal government holiday so those workers must go to work (or take a vacation day) but it is a provincial holiday so schools and stores are closed. Not sure about banks. I knew it was a holiday but didn't realize that stores would be closed so putting off my grocery shopping from yesterday to today was a mistake. Thankfully, I live next to the border so will cross over into Quebec to do my shopping today. It means taking the car instead of walking, though, but I need fresh veggies for dinner tonight.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:18 am

Morning...

Morning routines done, need to fold a load of laundry while I drink my coffee and visit with Perry. House is done for a while, traveling with Willis this afternoon to meet with his trainer. Glad it is a holiday cause I need to travel far, but the traffic should be light going both ways.

Next, time for glider and exercise. Got in 12K steps plus yesterday.

Dinner planned so that’s been dealt with.

Off to start my day... waving to y’all .. enjoy your day :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:37 am

Good Morning!

I slept 8 hours last night so am feeling groggy with a slight headache this morning. Sleeping too much does that to me. I am sipping a cup of coffee so hopefully will get me started until my normal energy level rises.

DD asked if DS9 would spend the day with her and DGD6. DS9 declined. When I mentioned that we were doing homeschool today, then DS9 was flabbergasted that we would do homeschool when public school is out. Anyway, he changed his mind and decided to spend the day with DD so he doesn't have to do homeschool lessons today. A part of me feels guilty for manipulating DS9 into spending time with DD. I wanted a few hours alone with DH and not in childcare mode.

I have completed my OA homework for the day and attended a phone meeting this morning. I have my menu planned but need to weigh/measure/package the portions to make the meals as no-brainer as possible. I don't want to be negotiating with myself when I am in hungry status.

The ISP fellas are coming today to run a new cable from the pole in the alley to inside the house. I am 99% sure this isn't going to help solve the internet dropping but I would LOVE to be surprised and have this problem solved.

I have changed my mind about next vehicle selection process. I want to test drive a variety of vehicles that fit my non-negotiable requirements. My first requirement is it has to be a tall vehicle. Because of my eye surgery that left scars, I need the oncoming vehicles to be lower than I am otherwise I am blinded at night if I am sitting in a low vehicle. I have to be looking downward at the vehicle lights. My 2nd non-negotiable requirement is it needs lots of storage that is sheltered from the weather. Several times a month we fill the Suburban in hauling items and kids. So, I think this means that I can either get a tall full-size pickup and put a camper shell on it or get a tall full size SUV. We have had a pickup with bed covers and camper shells before and didn't care for that configuration. So unless I can find a 3rd option then I am left with a tall, full sized SUV. I want to test drive the different make/models before ruling any of them out. I want DH input so when I test drive it needs to be done when both of us are available. Hopefully, today while we are alone and kid-free status we can drive a few of the possible vehicles.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:48 am

I mopped up a spill already this morning, more mopping to come. H is leaving later today bc of the colder weather. Journaling done. Bed is made as are the other items on my a m routine. Laundry is rounded up I will start it in a bit.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:16 pm

I love a new day - especially Monday! New life and energy to move forward. Looking forward to planning some adventures - the melting weather makes me think of finding some new challenges. I am glad this last weekend is gone - glad to have that behind me.

its really grey and drizzly today and snow is beginning to melt.

hi d kathryn - thank you for starting us. wishing you the best while you are busy working

hi d rose good morning too I wish my morning routines were done... BWTG! best wishes while you travel. rah rah rah 12k yesterday

hi d lady good morning sorry you have a headache - i know its hard re: dd and your ds9

hi d nancy good morning happy mopping and yay on getting routines done.

hello to all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:20 pm

because I did paper stuff and planning all day yesterday - I didn't vacuum my floors Saturday or Sunday which means it looks like I never cleaned house (esp with dogs shedding). I think besides my project (I started 2 weeks ago and didn't finish) I will do a small home blessing.

Have a wonderful day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:25 pm

I am happy :D DGD22 just called. She took her nursing state boards Friday and got word late last night when she checked results online -She passed! She is thrilled, as are we. Out of 40 from her class who took their state boards last summer, 8 failed. She studied very hard the last 2 months and paid her $200 fee. She was sure she'd have to retake them and pay another $200. It's bittersweet as she's been staying with ddil-R's mother who has Alzheimers. She won't be able to do much of that once she begins working as a nurse. The strange fact is that she'll be making as much per hour as dh did 20 years ago before he retired. And he was making good money then. DD also told her she'll be making the same as she's making as a FL teacher (not very good pay at all) after working for so many years. She has a job at a local hospital within 2 or 3 weeks after they receive official notice of her state boards. So she has her RN/BSN Her mom would be so proud (and I'm sure she is, watching from above.)

We also asked dgd what she was driving now. We knew the car she had was not too dependable. Seems that her Dad (Not dear) and her aunts had talked after they went through her other Grandma's papers. She was able to pay a little bit for her 2012 car -a nice one. And because her Grandma was ill a lot of those years there was only 28,000 miles on it. So she also has a nice, dependable car to drive.

If dh goes in for another orthopedic surgery he will most likely have her as his nurse as that's the wing where she'll work.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:29 pm

wonderful d dee!!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:46 pm

It is a weird holiday here, too, Kathryn, especially for those of us who were "on vacation" last week in Vegas and came home on Saturday evening late. We had a good, enjoyable trip, a very nice fancy dinner out for Valentine's day, and saw a show. Aside from that we gambled very little (I have trouble playing with money, I put $30 in a slot machine and that was it.)

I emailed the article for the temple bulletin late yesterday afternoon and noted within that "Time did not allow for a review of temple board minutes" regarding the subject.

My next due date is the Pro Gen research report assignment that is due next Sunday. I've put a lot of thought and not much writing into this - I have one research report that is mostly done but I don't think it's complex enough. And I don't want to turn in something that I might later want to use in my portfolio - because if it's turned in as a Pro Gen assignment and critiqued, it can't later be used in the portfolio. So I've got a second one to use but need to get it written. I've been researching this a.m. to see if I can broaden it to identify both parents, but so far it's a no go. So I need to spend some time today getting a draft down on paper.

PODA:

Out of the house: two hours?
-visit dmom, try to get her glasses back together for now
-drugstore
-grocery

Two phone calls: 30 min max
-call vet for ddog meds, p/u later in the week
-return phone call from Friday re: drawing blood for dmom

At home:
-continue with laundry and put away bag from trip: 30 min total (two lols to fold, wash another load to hang dry, put away)
-refine goals for next 30 days, the remaining life of my B S journal and do planning for this week 30 min?
-Pro Gen assignment writing 3 hrs?
-s2s and other routines 1 hr

I think the above is 7 hours, which is more time than I have between now and time to start dinner later. I'm going to carry on. I suspect the adjustment, if any, will come from doing some of those in less time, and not writing as long.

For the record, yesterday afternoon I was able to go upstairs and work at my new desk in my office, which used to be ds' room. Ds was here later and got the second monitor going for me. It was heaven to get away from dh's tv and have a workplace. I'm still moving books up and trying to get it set up, but it's wonderful.

Whoops, just remembered that dfriend M had inquired about going to the gym together today. May have to do that tomorrow, or rethink the above. I obviously need to get an earlier start on the day. And dd wants to use my car for awhile, so I need to get busy on the home stuff and do the out of house stuff later.

Now:
-s2s
-make the bed
-two phone calls (suspect I'll have to leave message re: dmom)
-walk the dog
-start lol
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”