Mopping Up Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Mopping Up Monday

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:12 pm

It is time to check on laundry and take out water and feed to the hens. Fed hens.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:33 pm

hello everyone!!!

a quick hello on Mopping up Monday.

i have worked on the bedroom (from closet) stuff and laundry the last hour. I hit a spot where I needed to step away because too many (in my imagination) had to be solved but having lunch and taking a break simplified my thinking again. I was making it too complex.

? how do you handle guilt clutter - others give you things and expect you to keep it forever especially but they don't want to keep it themselves?

Found out d mom's company left Friday not today and she called me but my phone was at 1% - I will call her in a bit but dd younger called her in the mean time. dd younger has a migraine and did not sleep until 8:30 this morning - I am pretty the lack of meds and her tremors are causing her not to sleep. she says its a nervous energy running through her body. keeping fingers crossed.

ordered groceries as I don't have time to do it. waste of money

alrighty - get back to work. enjoy your day!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:47 pm

I could cry with frustration today. Dh and dd are still out and he is calling me because he wants to buy a c. 1960 restored record player. He gave away all our records to a friend 5.5 years ago when we moved here but says he could get them back. :shock:

And I am trying to focus and he's treating me like what I'm doing isn't important.

I can't wait for him to get back to work tomorrow - five days away plus two weekend days is too much!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:01 pm

(((d twins)))) I hope the whim passes and he remembers that he needs to see what you do right now is equal to what he does - best of luck. My dh was in that mode this am... mmmm i wonder if there is something passing over the atmosphere. (((wishing you a better afternoon))) - breath in. We have got your back.

I think we may have to have a wag of the finger moment to our dh's (or a tap of the shoe)

when I was babysitting for others and being home with our own little ones (and helping my d grandparents) dh said "well you don't work - I make the money and I work" I remember my reaction was Oh no you didn't - his d mom did not raise him that way and it was something I would not accept. (horrible but I always knew his sweet gentle mom and sisters would have said something to him if he came to her house complaining. We laugh about it now but every so often his self centred - self pushing pops its head.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:10 pm

So much for my kid-free day. DS9 is already home. The ISP fellas are here working on the internet cable.

I cooked quinoa in the instant pot. I'm not even sure that I like quinoa so it is definitely an experiment. I think I have cooked it before but I don't remember it. I like the nutritional data on quinoa so I will give it an honest try.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:18 pm

okay back to work hi ho hi ho its off to (yada yada yada) you know the rest :D 8-)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:12 pm

Lilac: a number of the SHEs have a similar problem so compose their posts in a word processor. I've also used an email program as a place to type to my hearts content and then copy over to a post. As for having to sign in all the time, I had that about 8 days ago. My scrubbing program for my computer helpfully wiped out all my cookies and it kept me from staying signed-in for several days. There's a "keep me signed in" box to click on by LastPass was signing me in too fast to click on that. Eventually, I managed to click it at least two different times and have been set ever since. I know how frustrating it is to look at a page of posts, click on reply, write a post and then have it tell you that you aren't signed in.

Not a productive day here. Dh and I had the longish walk to the pharmacy (which has milk and butter) and it was sunny and warm then. It is still warm but pouring rain now so I'm glad we got out when we did.

The pharmacy didn't have fresh vegetable so I emptied out my crisper when I got home and from 1.5 heads of romaine lettuce that was given to me 16 days ago, I managed to get enough for a salad at lunch and another for dinner. I have lots of celery to add to that salad, and some carrot to grate into it tonight.

We've decided on fish and chips tonight for dinner.

The kitchen is tidied up and the dishwasher was run. I've done 3 loads of laundry. I emptied the wastecans in all the room (dh had been doing the kitchen but not elsewhere for the past 3 weeks) and now I'll water plants because I thought of it but then got distracted.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Re guilt clutter - say no thank U when they try to give it to u. Or just take it to the donation center do not let it in the door.

I realized I got preserves instead of jam so I got the whole berries out of it & gave it to the hens for a treat on this cold day.

I have jam now.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Sad news here... dsgm just passed away this morning. I feel so bad -- her sister had passed away last week, and I had been intending to call her all week... and I finally DID -- THIS morning -- and had to leave a message on her answering machine -- which, of course, not having heard the news at that time, I left such a cheery message... and then got home and my daunt called and said she had passed away in her sleep.
I have sent text messages of sympathy & an offer of help "if there is anything I can do" to her daughter-in-law and daughter, and will be waiting to hear their arrangements. Sad -- but she was 88 years old, I believe, and when I visited with her last, only a month or so ago, she was talking about how it was time for her to go on to Heaven... sigh.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:25 pm

I've finished the room cleaning. It was a real chore. Dragged the tall ladder back in there and washed off the fan and lights overhead. Mopped the floor, and crawled around to wash the baseboards. I used to get a room done in a couple hours tops, working straight through. Now it takes me a whole day.

Need to put linens back on bed and fold up a LOL. I keep doing laundry. Where does it all come from?

Sorry about your DSGM, Lucylee. Nothing to do when it's someone's time to go.

LadyM, did you like the quinoa? I made it once and it was chicken flavored or something like that and I liked it. Then I made the plain kind and didn't like that at all. Haven't tried it since.

Return to “Post When You Can”