Mopping Up Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Mopping Up Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:31 pm

sounds like good advice - I will start giving d mom stuff back in a nice way and if she wants to keep it fine but I will be okay letting it go even if she may not approve - I don't want to go behind her back. I am going to go to the donation shop - dh has not been able to get over to donation (I think he is having a hard time getting rid of the things I want to get rid of (all my stuff) - I will do that in the am.

I was going to make poblano enchiladas today but the grocery store didn't have any poblanos - so I have to go to a simple version.

I am proud to say that the shelves are back in the hall closet and beautifully cleaned. all of our suitcases are back where they were supposed to be - that closet became a toss in closet when we didn't know what to do with it. I have one laundry basket to put away downstairs and 1/2 of one to finish putting away upstairs. I also got rid of a shelf system as I didn't have room for it in the first place. I can now walk into my hall closet and get anything I need.

truth: I found so many curtain rods that I could have a curtain shop :roll: :lol: - I still have to match them and donate what is good or just let it go to the trash

I now have room for vacuum and cleaning supplies as well.

swiped floors and dh's bathroom - it still need tomorrows cleaning but I really needed to swipe.
tossed a lot
(I don't like that last year I started to hide things again instead of making decisions. I even threw away the disney land lanyards - I have moved them for 10 years - no pins on them - I have no idea where those are.

I have a large box of wine glasses - I used to entertain a lot but with us having cats we can't have d in laws over because of severe cat allergies. I do outside gatherings. we had 4 cats at one time but we have 2 now.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:35 pm

oh d lucy I am so sorry - dsgm ? d s grandmother? I am so sorry to here - how hard on the family loosing two loved ones at once.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:37 pm

since my dinner plans for an easy dinner went out the window I will have to scramble - they didn't have things I needed for dinner.
I also have to put the dishes away.

I will pull the minestrone soup out of the freezer - pulled and defrosting
I have the french bread but not the grilled chicken to make sandwiches for dh and dd older.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:43 pm

Blessed... I with Nancy. I say no, but thanks for thinking about me. or Oh thats so sweet of you, but I already have two of them > I don't feel guilty about it either. I've gone around and around with this with my mother and finally got her to understand just because it has meaning to her doesn't mean others in the family, including her 5 grandchildren and their spouses feel the same way.

My brother and I have decided that when the time comes we will take what makes us happy, give the g-kids anything they should happen to want and sell the rest. Much will get donated to our church which helps those who need it and the rest will go into an estate sales. We already have this plan put into play and know who to call.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:07 pm

d rose - thank you! I am trying to convince dh the same thing about wanting to burden our d kids with our stuff.
I think, when I feel like working on the basement, I may just put donations in my car and deliver them right away.

taking a break and then I have to do some dailies as I haven't had a chance to do them yet.
Upstairs looks great.

well done d harmony on cleaning!!!

d kathryn glad you got out while it was nice out. great on getting the laundry and the kitchen done, as well as other work

hi d lady!

hi d everyone

now to make dinner
and put groceries away.
feeling tired but I still have to work. I am tired! the little girl in my head is having a bit of a I don't wanna and I want to be lazy.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:52 pm

I have to lol a bit with bw2. More than a week ago dd asked about a samovar that we had made into a lamp. It is monstrous - too big in scale for our house and furniture, and we sent it home with her. She told me today that ds wants it also. it looks something like this, but ours is not polished as well.... https://www.etsy.com/listing/456501036/ ... WiEALw_wcB

I'm just writing today off. Dh decided not to buy the freestanding stereo thing. It would have fit where our smaller cabinet is now that we use for drinks when we entertain, and after wearing me out about it he decided against it. DD explained to me that it was playing big band music when he walked in and it reminded him of his father. I probably should have been more understanding.

bw2, maybe there's a full moon or something for both dh?

Then dd said she would go with me to see my dmom if we could go to Tuesday Morning so we went there and browsed. She's trying to get her apartment looking good because she has a temple event this Sat afternoon and is inviting the participants over afterwards. She and ds sound like married people negotiating over furniture and decorating issues. But I spent far more time out than I had planned, and did not get to grocery or drugstore, altho I did go into W almart market and get salad mix for supper. We ended up only spending about 5 min with dmom because she was already at supper table by the time we got there after lollygagging at Tuesday Morning.

I always get stressed out going out with dd because I feel like I need to be doing other things, and she's not very time conscious when she gets shopping. But I'm writing this off to bonding with my dd.

I'm going to try again tomorrow. Maybe I'll even finish planning before noon the day
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:59 pm

LadyM, did you like the quinoa?

I did! I like the texture and flavor very much. I used chicken broth instead of water to cook it which gave it even more flavor. Now I have another grain/carb on my menu rotation. I am currently eating these carbs - oatmeal, brown rice, potato, sweet potato and butternut squash. I think amaranth will be my next grain experiment.

The ISP fellas spent a couple hours here putting in new fittings, taps, and cable. They installed a monitor to document the internet drops. The head guy gave his opinion - down the street from us the trees are in the alleyway and have the cable tangled up in them. He started trimming the trees but was stopped when the homeowner started yelling at him and said to leave her trees alone. So the cable guy had to stop. He turned the problem into the electric company because their lines are also tangled up. The electric company hires professional tree trimmers and they will eventually get the trees trimmed and out of the high line wires and cables. The ISP fella suspects my internet problem won't be solved until that happens. At least when I am frustrated from the internet dropping out, I will know I have done everything possible on my end to get it fixed.

DH is sick to his stomach, has a headache and is becoming congested. Ugh. Hopefully, it is only a 24-hour thing.

I think I have DS9 "new-to-him" phone configured now. And I think I might have my "new-to-me" phone set up and configured. I transferred 88 apps from my old phone to the new one. :shock: It takes me awhile to log into each app and get them set up. I use wi-fi connection for most of the devices to talk to each other but there are also 5 Bluetooth devices to pair and configure. It is a simple process but it takes time to get them all set up and playing nice together.

I am soooooo glad that I made the decision to quit fooling with the old phone I had DS9 using. I didn't realize it but the battery in that phone was soft & bulging. When I took it to the phone store to transfer the sim cards between the 3 phone, the phone fella gasped when he opened the phone and told me it was about to catch fire. :shock:
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi everyone

I have read today's posts but now not sure I read all yesterday. Hmmm... ..

Sorry to miss your update, Lilac!

((lucylee and family))

Dh chat here had me pensive - I worry about HRH's vulnerability to whoever out there has the harsher, louder voices, too. I've learned to ask, what is the citation for that statement - what was the publication date of those facts? You're right that a back-and-forth argument gets nowhere.

Up at 6:45 knowing child care would start at 7:45, and did get routines done. (not MDCard - that postponed until afternoon)

We painted, colored, puzzled, televisioned, entertained some company - HRH's friend S came by because they had lunch together. This has actually happened once before, so he and toddlerC know each other. She is always angelic when he's here. :) Wish he'd come back tomorrow! She told me her meal was "delicious, thank you" and he asked how large her vocabulary is - I hadn't thought of it but none of her cousins/brother would have said that at this age - 2.5. He was commenting how different for girls than boys (he has all boy children and grands), and he's quite right.

LadyM, "we" made brown-wild rice blend in the Instant Pot and I held her up in the air to look in and see when it was finished. One helpful thing about that - with lots going on, I had needed it to sit and wait a half-hour, but it didn't matter. (I did turn the "keep warm" feature off, so it only had the leftover cooking heat.) It was sealed and fine, and when we did open, it was just the same as expected, quite warm.

Her other grandmother came at 12:45 to get her and they went home for a nap, and then the trip to pick up big brother.

Later in the afternoon, I napped, too! :roll: :)

Have been wanting to share:
My project lately has been to map the garden bed between my house and walkway, near kitchen door. I measured by myself (!), which ain't easy! Then used the ever-practical grided 5x7 index cards :idea: until I had an accurate 1-square-to-1-square-foot map, and copied it a few times to add in ideas on sheets I could toss if needed.

We've had the walkway for 15 years and I never knew it was correctly aligned with the house until now - it doesn't look it!

Also, a surprise to see for the first time an exact shape, which is wider than I've always envisioned it. I may call it the Nebraska bed, although it's plumper than that state's shape. So, anyway, a strangely shaped, but usable space. Knowing now the width is almost 9 feet at places, changes my perception of how I might lay it out, or plan to walk through it. (I've always just used the "hop-and-pretend-to-weigh-less" method in the past ;) . Do ya'll know that one?)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:56 pm

Oh, yipes.

Ds just called.

They had a time getting toddlerC to sleep tonight and she has a cough. They ask if I can come over there in the morning instead and let her sleep in longer. Sigh. There goes MDCard tomorrow, and the day will start even earlier for me because I'll need to be there during the school-run time for her big brother. Maybe part of the time will be quiet study time for me, if indeed she can sleep at all. I hate to think she could be waking up sick, too. Gunner will be excited.

Guess I'd better go set my alarm for about 6:15. And possibly think of some kind of snack I can take.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:08 pm

Made up another couple of batches of nuts and bolts in order to get the bag of its ingredients out of the pantry. I have a leftover half box of cheerios and shreddies. I tossed the half box of shreddies from Christmas 2016 and put the new half empty box in its place in the pantry cupboard. The cheerios will be eaten up by dh in the spring when he switches to cereal from oatmeal.

I made up a batch of rice krispy squares as well, using up the maple marshmallows so they are now out of the pantry cupboard. I have so much cereal, the batch didn't make a dent in what I have. Sigh....

That reminds me, I need to buy a toy tomorrow with my free toy coupon. I shall add it to my to-do list.

Harmony was doing deep cleaning. This evening I realized I never do scheduled deep cleaning, I just go from disaster to disaster, cleaning up those messes. If I can coordinate my disasters, I'll get the whole apartment cleaned at some point each year. Tonight it was dropping a pan of the nuts and bolts as I put them back into the oven. So, once it cools down, the oven will need cleaning. I also have to clean out the drawer under the oven because I suspect some drop in there as well.

The fridge was cleaned out twice (once spilled meat juice, then the power failure) and I had to deep clean the eating area after knocking over the plant. When the cracked and bubbled walls are repaired, that will mean I'll deep clean. No point doing so now. That will take care of the rest of the apartment.

Return to “Post When You Can”