Tuesday in Transition

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tuesday in Transition

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:04 pm

hi d everyone.

starting late. I was up with dd younger until 3 am - her body/brain is causing her some issues. Keeping my fingers crossed that she can have some answers soon.

dh changed the cat litter
My big hurrah for this morning - I ate breakfast 8-) that's it.

drop off dd younger at appointment while I run across the street to home de pot for knobs for bathroom.

hoping: cards pulled
bathrooms weeks focus
swipe top of laundry machine bc I missed it yesterday quick vacuum mini
clean vent outside of dryer mini
whites , my dark laundry - separate laundry that is there . while doing other things
add up charges from yesterday mini
check checking (daily) mini
xerox papers and send out 20 minutes
call d mom
have dd younger brush animals not mine
call wal greens re: videos mini
pull something out of car that doesn't belong there one thing mini
hoping to do 15 minutes in basement but not going to worry about it if doesn't happen mini
vacuum first floor (slip shod)
put away
wash dog blankets
dh is going to tar jet for me done :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Good morning! I got to bed at the goal time, but was woken up several times by Lara, complaining about the empty food bowl in the bedroom. There was a non-empty bowl in the hallway. She sleeps in the hallway so she could not be unaware! However, she came from a hoarder house where food was uncertain and an empty bowl is psychologically stressful. She is supposed to be losing weight, and has lost some. She is one obese kitty.

Transitions I need to make, in no particular order:
  • Procrastinator -> Employee in good standing at Elizabeth's Own Maid Service
  • Traveler -> Non-traveler (i.e. put away that suitcase!)
  • Not very physically active -> more active

Tonight is Girls' Night Out with DD16. I am hoping it is to the library, I have two returns, one of which I need to talk to the librarian about. It was completely inappropriate for its location! There is nothing wrong with the book itself, I enjoyed it and have no problem with our library keeping a copy. In fact, it could be loaned out to toddlers without issue. (They would be bored by it though). It is a fun book where Doctor Who appears in journals and rough drafts by Shakespeare. However, it does not belong in the reference section along with The Oxford Shakespeare Companion and the like!

Unlike the nice warm weather DeeClutter is enjoying, we got a dusting of snow in both Home City and Work City. YUCK!

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:18 pm

Good morning dear ladies,

We have rain plus plunging temperatures with freezing rain on its way.

Was up late last night Dson N and dil came to visit and spend time with dgs. Thought dgs would sleep in a bit but he was awake at his usual time. Maybe an earlier nap.

Got get to the dishes and vacuum today too. Want to do Dbrother sheets today too.

Off to the adventures!
Last edited by Sadie on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:21 pm

good morning d harriet - so happy to see you and thank you for starting us
I am so sorry your sweet toddler is sick - i hope she gets better fast! Wishing your d dil a good day at work
you are a busy popular woman!!! :D

good morning d dee I hope they get a nice fridge - amazing how the costs of things have changed. I bought my le crueset large pot about 8 years ago and it is now 200 more :o :D

good morning d lady yay for being on track so early in the am - wonderful! have fun picking up seed potatoes -its so fun to plan the garden

good morning d twins you needed the rest! it's okay! :D have a good day

good morning d donna so happy your d mom is okay! glad that things are feeling back to normal.

good morning d nancy if you got 11 degrees I have a feeling we will get that in a couple days. stay warm!

good morning d cathy how fun - women's institute craft day! hope dinner inspiration comes your way

good morning d kathryn have so much fun at the concert tonight!

good morning d sadie how fun that you got to visit with them. happy adventures.

good morning d elizabeth wonderful that you got to bed at a good time... (poor kitty - glad she is with you now) Enjoy your time with with your sweet dd

good morning d everyone working off the site as well.

hope today is what you want it to be!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:43 pm

DD is getting the fridge of her dreams with a bottom freezer. Hoping she likes it. It's a 'black' stainless steel that won't show fingerprints. Was going to get the fridge cleaned out, but think I'll wait till she gets home. Then we can kind of 'sort' what she wants to leave in that fridge and what will go in the new. We'll take everything out to get it moved and it will be moved to the back porch. They can't do it tomorrow night as she has a Solar Bears hockey game in Orlando. Will be taking dh to her school for him to go with her. I don't 'do' weeknight games as we'd have to drive back to her school to pick up her car. Then I'd have to drive home from there at 11 o'clock at night. Notta!

Dsonil just came home from getting his hair cut. Dh will be taking him to his dmom's soon. She's definitely going through a big personality change and it's very difficult for everybody. The water pump went on his car when he was coming home yesterday. So he'll be getting his mom's car (which has been signed over to him) to drive for the present. He doesn't really like his mom's car and plans to sell it later on after all is said and done.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:48 pm

Kathryn... you may remember I had my leg veins lasikly removed a while back by one of the best drs in the country. The process took abt 2 hours and although it was not what I would call painless it was very uncomfortable at times. I had it done because my veins were becoming more and more painful.

My process was not covered by insurance even though on my upper thigh near my groin I had a gaggal of veinsvens that looked like a nest of snakes that could cause heath problems. I paid 12k for my legs and often joked I was “driving” a new pair of legs because I could have bought a car for that amount.

Having good looking legs again wasn’t even something I thought about when having the procedure, but I did love the results later on.

As far as recovery went I had to stay in bed for at least 5 days, could have been longer but I can’t remember, plus I had to keep my legs iced. My legs were wrapped during that time with 20 or more poke holes in my legs where the laser had been threaded through them. Then once the wraps were removed I was required to wear special thigh high compression toeless stockings well into the summer... I had my legs done in mid- March. They were hot and pants stick to them.

My legs still look pretty although I do have a few veins that show but nothing like before the procedure and many of the entry areas have developed little”blue” spots which are really tiny veins.

However I really don’t mind... I didn’t do my legs for cosmetic purposes but for the pain the veins they were causing me. Now when I travel I wear knee high stockings and always when I exersize. I wear them when flying as well . Kind of messes with what I wear when I travel so I tend to wear palazzo pants for comfort when possible.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:07 pm

Coming back through, I am heading upstairs to my office.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:56 pm

this post doubled itself - I don't want to look like I had to do this work twice - too much
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:57 pm

4 x 15's done :) feeling like this because I was annoyed by it :arrow: because I did so much work yesterday and became a little burnt out - I do that
wiped the cabinets etc. with clorox wipes
stove swiped again,
microwave front wiped
counters swiped
sink looks ok but nice and empty
cleaned one shelf in fridge
put away fruits and veggies
swiped all doors handles for germs 8-) all handles - including coffee pot, fridge handles etc.

need to vacuum the kitchen, swipe woodwork with swiffer dry then wet, swiffer dust floor and then swiffer rinse - feel like putting this off but I know it is a really short task - a mini

Next play with dogs
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:04 pm

hi d twins have fun in your office

hi d rose I was “driving” pair of legs so funny

hi d dee I am sorry your d sil and dd are going through a very hard time ((())) the d mom's brain on morphine and illness does change - praying for the family and her caregivers. It is not personal even though people tend to think that's how their parents always felt... not at all... everything gets skewed. So hard.

Return to “Post When You Can”