Tuesday in Transition

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Tuesday in Transition

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:29 pm

It is not personal even though people tend to think that's how their parents always felt... not at all... everything gets skewed.

Right. My experiences have taught me that the "Those are the things they always wanted to say" idea is an incorrect conclusion. The circumstances are talking, not the lifelong opinions or attitudes of the person. In fact I've actually had loved ones tell me this about their behavior/talk the week or month before, which they remember but can't understand later, any more than others could then.

Big hugs to everyone giving care!

ToddlerC has ordinary Croup. She will take a steroid this evening (which is evidently what they do for it?). Pediatrician says to expect that she, herself, will be a Pill. :) (see the big hugs sentence above) Ddil has come home and ds has left for the fire station in their trade-off today. And guess who will step in to take care of our darling She's-Gonna-Be-a-Pill, tomorrow morning. Grandma, yes.

I have promised over and over that this is no trouble at all. :| So ya'll shhhhh... .. ;)

TaDas include lots of Desk Day.

Dee, is it a chain of stores having a sale? Wondering if I should do a little online shopping.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:04 pm

H just called no work bc if the cold temps.
I am back from dropping off donation to the vet place.
And I took rocks over to drop off.
Glad I did not go to knitting today. Poofers.
H. Is here now.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:26 pm

taking a break with a glass of sparkling water.

It wasn't the best driving weather to bring DH old pickup home but we got-er-done. It was a constant battle to keep the windows clear because everything is icing up. We had the windshield wipers & defroster going on high but the windows were still icing up around the edges. We followed the state de-icer dump truck all the way home so at least the roads were as good as it gets.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:36 pm

Lots of modifications accomplished on the R&E report. One more big one to do, but I have a template developed from other reports, so it won't be too bad. Users will see vast difference and be suitably impressed. No results have changed, but there are new ways to select subsets and new display options. My former boss brought a bunch of us homemade bread in circular loaves. It is made in hornos by Native American relations of his and is YUMMY! Funny thing, just last night, I was bummed by the lack of good bread to make into garlic bread. Problem solved! Coworker just added 3 report changes to my change list to end all change lists. There are now 99 items, many of which cover multiple reports. Job security. Lunchtime.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:41 pm

When dh came home at lunch time we discussed supper tonight. Salmon patties. I have boiled some potatoes to make mashed potatoes, because apparently salmon patties need mashed potatoes in them.

It's pouring rain here!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Donna's Lifestyle

Postby Donna's Lifestyle » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Flyby
Doing pretty good, last of laundry in dryer, need to remake bed, bathrooms have been swiped, all rooms picked up, dusted need to vacuum,have chicken baking for quesidillas for dinner tonight.
Taking a break for lunch then will tackle the kitchen, check big freezer and pantry to see what I have for dinners, plan what I can with whats on
hand and whats not, make grocery list will not shop till tomorrow as it is rainy and grey here.
D-Lady your criteria for a new mode of transportation sounds like what my Ddaughter and son-law had, she is short and wanted something high to deflect headlights blinding her at night and they both wanted something that would hold their dogs large crates, they had a truck but with the crates they could not put the camper shell on, they ended up getting a J**p Wran**gler it has 4 doors, it fits both crates in the back still having the middle seat in place.
Ok need to get back to work Dkid4 is working from home so don't have to head over there to get Dgrks off bus, just drop 3yr old Dgrk off.
Hope to be back later:)

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Just posting in transition myself! Haven't even cuop, but I saw how Harriet's day's plan had changed. I know how that goes! Hope Toddler C feels better soon!

Here --
* called daunt to tell her funeral arrangements for dstep-grandmother
* picked up dgd
* went to printer's shop and picked up books for ds & dfriend
* met dmom at doctor's office
* waited on dmom to get finished at doctor, no x-rays needed, dmom didn't really need me at all for the day
* followed dmom to her church where ds, ddil, and ddil were singing for senior citizens luncheon, stayed for food, enjoyed very much
* post office
* phone call with a o l -- thought I was double billed for Feb... after phone call, re-checked previous bills, apparently they skipped Jan, no problem
* now on my way to get flowers for dsgm, must call dmom back
* will pay credit card bill while I'm out
--- Later ---
* nursing home w/dgrands, ds, and dh...
followed by steakhouse for supper...
followed by transitioning car seats to appropriate vehicles and getting ds's truck for me to drive
tomorrow while ds & dh go to College Town and dmom and I go to two funerals...
followed by ddil meeting me to swap grands...
followed by Bible study with crazy preacher... and I'm afraid I'm going to HAVE TO speak up about an issue bothering me to no end re: this theology...
followed by watching ballgame on tv and ddil arriving to take dgrands home! * whew *
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:09 pm

Big box store, Harriet -L o w e s.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:23 pm

(((LucyLee)))) I'm so sorry for the loss of your DSGM. I hope the funeral arraignments go smoothly.

crazy preacher..

We have one of those. Maybe unusual or unorthodox would better describe our preacher. Most of the preachers around this corner of the world are trained, educated and many attended seminary. Not our preacher. I think he breaks most of the "preacher rules" fairly often. A few years ago a lady in the church was dismayed by his clothes he wore while preaching, so she bought him about a dozen shirts and had them starched and ready to wear when he arrived at the church to preach. He did that a few times, but it wasn't long before he "forgot" to change into the starched dress shirts. The weird thing is though....he is one of the most sought out preachers in this area. He does 2-3 weddings and funerals a week that are by people not in our church. I can't count the number of times he goes performs ceremonies at other churches where the regular preacher is left out of the ceremony. I can only imagine it doesn't sit well with some of the area preachers that this crazy unorthodox cowboy preacher is asked to take over the service in their church. It is almost impossible to get a picture of him when he is preaching because he is moving so fast. He jumps fences, runs up the stairs, and is always on the move while he preaches. He gave up Red Bull for Lent. We thought that might slow him down. Nope. He is still high energy and a tad bit crazy. You never know what he is going to do next. But I've learned to love him just the way he is. Our church has tripled in attendance since he started preaching there. I guess I'm not the only one that likes a little bit of crazy.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:49 pm

DS9 lost another tooth. Only 8 more to go! At his last dentist appt, DS9 asked them to count how many baby teeth he had left. He wanted to plan his purchases with the money earned from losing teeth. :roll:

DGD6 has lost 5 of her front teeth lately and the new teeth are in various stages of coming in. She has a fantastic smile but it will look better after the new teeth get in place.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”