Wednesday Whether Weather

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Wednesday Whether Weather

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:20 am

Morning y’all...

It’s me, Perry and my second cup of coffee getting ready to start my day.

I have some errands to run today. Need to make a list cause I need odd things to get.

Awhile back I wrote a short story abt my mom and best friend and posted it along with pictures on my Facebook page. A life long friend who’s career was as a writer in mags and newspapers read it and wanted me to publish it. I thought he was being kind. Since then he’s been bugging me to do it with offers to to help get it published.

I write for fun and mostly for myself so his request makes me nervous. Yesterday he was at it again and I gave in saying I would send it to him to edit. He lives in MN. He responded the story was fine just the way it is so I need to find it, and then hol my breath and send it to him. He was a fellow in Hs that I had great regards for and am feeling shy about his insistance that my story is good enough to try to publish it.

That’s alway the way I’ve felt about writing... I love doing it, but tend to keep it to myself... especially since my mini stroke stoled so much of my vocabulary and grammar skills.

Waving to y’all. Off to start my day. Make it a good one.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:32 am

DS9 went to stay at DD house this morning so he wouldn't have to do homeschool. :roll: DD will drop both kids off here after lunch on her way to work.

I found a homeschool co-op that I want to give a try. It starts next Monday and runs through the end of May. I spent some time this morning reading through the classes and getting those on the calendar. Each week is about a different subject so they had to be entered individually.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:34 am

I am up had one cup of coffee the cold weather has my routines delayed a bit. H is going in later to work they will start up the plant but on a later schedule. Hens will get fed & watered in a bit.

We have simple meals here not much cooking, chicken, fish beef, pork, and breakfast for dinner works here.

L M co op sounds great.
Am listenjng to routine info. On u tube. Brush teeth comes after breakfast not before in my opinion.
A M routihe mostly done hens have been fed h watered. Posting from ex. Bike. I but items for dgd apt. Aside from this round of Jan. decluttering.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 am

Another late start to the day. Need to get up earlier, and last night I forgot to set the clock at all.

I have tai chi tonight, and dh is also out this evening and won't be home until late - probably after I get home.

I laid awake last night wondering if I should change my research report (due on Sunday btw) to something else or perhaps even start over. And now I can't remember what other research I was thinking of doing. This feels like a big deal because next month we review and proof each other's work extensively and of course, I want to do it well. :shock:

Right now:
-start lol
-breakfast and meds
-get dressed, brush teeth etc.
-walk the dog
-fold two loads of laundry (these are the same two I needed to fold on Monday btw.)

Strange that Lady M and Nancy are suffering in the cold and we have almost record breaking highs here.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:46 am

Good morning! I got the B&B finished last night. Put a dent into my outstanding credit card bill. It is on track to be paid off in two, maybe three, pay cycles. It really helps that March is a three paycheck month. (We are paid every two weeks, so two months a year, we get an extra. I budget around the usual and have the extra for unexpected expenses or paying debts.) I did nothing else, because like blessedw2, I was down with a headache. DD16 did not come last night, because she had a school project that involved creating a video. My camera is not behaving and I don't have the bandwidth in my data plan, so she stayed at her dad's house. That allowed me to go to C racker B arrel to get food to help the migraine. I got to bed at a reasonable time, but was woken up by Lara and could not get back to sleep for an hour. Stratton's loss has really changed the dynamics of the house, and for the worse.

There are tiny flakes of snow for our weather. Yuck. At least it wasn't my day for carpool. Of course, tomorrow will be. I am going to start my payroll day by archiving emails. Tedious, but must be done.

I am curious as to what theology lucylee's crazy preacher is promoting. I am locked in a similar situation with my pastor, though he is not crazy, just mistaken. He is trying to move us in the direction of the "all gods are the same" philosophy. I can't fathom why he wants to pastor a Methodist church if he wants his parishioners to be Unitarians. I'm not sure where he expects us Methodists who want to remain Methodists to go. I like him personally, because though we have fundamental differences of opinion, we are able to maintain them respectfully. This is likely due more to his skill than mine. DD16's youth group is run by more traditional people and I believe I am called to stand against the church's new direction, so I stay.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:58 am

I wonder - how many of you get your home blessing done in an hour like they say it should be? I don't and don't know why. What do you do in your weekly blessing.

my bathrooms just took 3 - 15 minutes + a bit (I don't just do the toilet or sink top - but it still isn't like scruba tubba type clean. I put a swiffer (fluffy) duster on its holder wet it well and put my bleach water mixture on it and wash around the toilets/another around all the wall boards (behind toilet too) /another surfacely on the tile walls (very surface fast), clorox wit the shower doors - toilets- the door door - where hands touch, vacuum and swiffer dust floors and swiffer rinse, swish the toilet, swipe windows, and dust around.

at least my bathrooms are done. :D I asked dh to start wiping his sink and sink top off with clorox wipes daily (It sounds like I am spotless but I am not as many know but for dh dirty mess seems to follow him even though he puts everything of his away. It's the oddest thing that it gets so yucky so fast. I am hoping with this request it will keep my cleaning it to once a week instead of having to go through it daily. I know it's because of his eye sight.
He always puts away his cloths etc. (his office is spotless - looks lovely). His car - spiffy and spotless.

played ball with the dogs :D and wiped the floor after they came in.

I was going to go to ww this morning but will go this evening.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:04 pm

I'm crossing my fingers and saying a prayer. But!!! I almost think I may have turned a corner in this coughing jag thing. I coughed some during the night, albeit dh thinks I didn't cough at all -which only means he slept soundly. I've coughed very little this morning and really don't have much of any congestion. It was 7 weeks ago today that I finally went to urgent care. Don't think anything has ever hit me this long or hard.

Just found out that the guy who owns the truck that dh drives back and forth has been in a coma since the 11th till yesterday. Told dh he'd better let our church women's leader know that he may not be taking the truck back north (and thus taking all the 2,000+ rolled bandages to MD.) But, he just actually talked to said guy who said he definitely wants him to take the truck back. This could be interesting over the next month. He also told dh he's through drinking -we'll see. Of course he's been unconscious long enough to get it all out of his system I guess. Hopefully he does stay sober. He had passed out and fell again -that's how he ended up in a coma. I'm surprised he was calling both dh and the camp manager today.

Dh has to take dsonil to Bartow to pick up their jeep tomorrow. It's done now, but dh won't be here once dsonil can go. They have a lifetime warranty on it, so any repairs only cost them $100 deductible unless the repair is more than the worth of the car. DD hates to get rid of it. It was a huge steal when they bought it several years ago. It had 600 miles on it and it was 2 years old but had been 'lost' on a lot. Think they paid like $16,000 for a Jeep C herokee. Repairman once asked her if she wanted him to correct the mileage on it and she quickly told him, no, that it was correct. "Wait!", says he, "Is this the car that was lost on the lot for 2 years?"

I've been working away on my computer desk. I've been cleaning and organizing all the shelves and cubbies. Looking good and I may now know where everything is. Came up with a 7" pile for the recycling bin.
I put a swiffer (fluffy) duster on its holder wet it well and put my bleach water mixture on it and wash around the toilets/another around all the wall boards (behind toilet too) /another surfacely on the tile walls (very surface fast),
Think this sounds like a 'plan', Blessed. Will have to try it. I've been trying to think of something to get into all these places. Hard for me to do. I'd been looking for something smaller to do those areas. Thank you! :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:46 pm

I couldn't housebless in an hour and I have an apartment.

Vacuuming the whole thing, about 40 minutes; mopping the floors, about 20 minutes (really slipshod); dusting, about 20 minutes; weekly kitchen chores (bare minimum, believe me!) 30 minutes; bathrooms 15 minutes. So a total of two hours, 5 minutes. Not an extraordinary amount of time at all and usually split over 2 days (vacuum mop on one day, bathrooms kitchen on the other day.)

BTW: I need to house bless.

Of course, I keep putting it off because I have stuff all over the place. In a futile attempt to make things better, I have set up a card table in the living room and moved all the paperwork onto that. I have half accomplished one item and sorted through all the papers, so I suppose that's something.

Of course, there's no way I can vacuum with things like this. That doesn't mean I can't do the kitchen or the bathrooms, though.

There's a jackhammer going under my window so I'm very distracted at the moment. I'll turn on music or TV and see if that helps get me on task.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:51 pm

hi d dee keeping fingers crossed and praying that this is the end of your cold too!!!
((for the man)))
well done on your work

I do squeeze the fluffy thing to get the drippy water out before I use my spray bottle of water and a bit of bleach - it really helps get those spots this body of mine can't reach too :lol:

hi d elizabeth! yay on putting a dent into your credit card bill. wonderful!!! Sorry you had a headache too!

hi d twins I hope your evening with your tai chi friends is wonderful.
(re laundry - I haven't started any more laundry because towels have been in the dry since yesterday morning 8-) - I am trying to follow that thinking that if you can't put it away then you can't start another load - lol I wonder when I will run out of cloths)

hi d nancy yay on your morning routine almost being done and using your exercise bike while posting.

hi d lady I hope you enjoy the homeschool co op

hi d rose good morning too, so cool that you wrote a story about your d mom and her friend. very cool - I wouldn't think twice about writing just for yourself. My d mom is a very good artist and seamstress - she wants to keep her skills for herself so that they are fun and don't become work. (my d mom used to sew for others or paint for others if they asked but she stopped that because more people would ask her).

hi d cathy! I thought you were in Canada so I thought/assumed you had snow more than us. We have a couple months left of winter and the probability of more snow to come. Usually by early May we can put things out.

Oh d kathryn - you made me feel so much better. I was watching fly lady cat and she says you can do it in an hour - just the surfaces where you walk, etc. If I did my home blessing like that (with the animals - including the human animals 8-) myself included) my home would be disgusting. I have a hard enough time with my floors doing them once a week makes them look filthy after 2 days. (dog hair everywhere) - I don't know how people do it. Hope you have a great day

hello everyone. I kind of look at everyone here and this site as my home school: for being a better person and a better homemaker. It's always so lovely to work with you and learn so much. Consistency has always been hard for me and being here keeps me on track and always learning.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Concert last night was a toss-up. The first half was modern Canadian orchestral music with a fantastic pianist. The composer was in the first box. We had 3rd row of the first balcony which meant we could see the whole orchestra better (the last two concerts were front row, last time that was a mixed blessing but to be 20' from Perlman was fantastic and a concert I'll never forget.)

So when the orchestra was playing noise (to represent society not communicating) we could at least pick out the percussion and other instruments being played and we had a great view of the pianist smashing at the keyboard (literally.) On the other hand, while understanding the thought behind the music helped (thankfully the notes were included in the program), it was still not melodic or music. It was noise.

The second half was Rimski-Korsokov so was definitely musical. Unfortunately, I lost track of the pieces so it 'ended' when I wasn't expecting it.

The concert ended at 10:10 and I was in bed by 11, despite having a long wait for the bus.

Return to “Post When You Can”