Wednesday Whether Weather

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wednesday Whether Weather

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:59 pm

I am so jealous d kathryn that you saw perlman - I also don't like that "noise" where they are trying to create something that hasn't got harmony etc. and is just noise. I did love the street sounds in (the movie) August Rush but it fit with the music and the movie. and it wasn't long. That's why I have a hard time with some jazz when it is all over the place. I know - yes I am a Barbarian! :D 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Was mentioning to dh that I saw pictures on FB today that a close friend of ours had posted. In them was the guy who took DS-A for many Thousands of dollars in 2016. Was very surprised to hear dh say that it was a good thing DS hadn't had snow this past week because his office manager/and worker and this same guy -who evidently now works again as a plower & works with DS's front loader for some bigger accounts for DS- were both away. REALLY? Guess they must have had a big understanding somewhere along the line. Would not be on my favorites list. Problem is it's a small town and he's also a member of the fire department. And they have many friends in common.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:09 pm

so so frustrating d dee. Sometimes people don't see how others are because of their persona - good old boy routine - (they pretend well in front of others that no one can believe that of a person). Someone else we get burned and then someone else. Your ds is a much bigger man. - I am sorry this man never payed him back and has to deal with him again.

Next: WTF worst things first- xerox forms I have been putting off. I was supposed to do it 2 months ago and then told d b I would do them Friday and now it is Wednesday. (I am making this a hard job - once I start it I will time it to see how long it actually took)

fold towels and do put away so I can do more laundry :D it took an embarrassing short time
shower to shoes :D
lunch :D
flipped laundry and now washing another dog blanket :D - I have one more. I may do the cat's stuff also.

other today:
surface vacuum first floor and swiffer rinse :D
clean the glass table in front room
vacuum kitchen and swiffer dust and rinse before cooking. :D
put paper towels in bathrooms instead of regular towels during flu season
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:45 pm

I am in Canada. Near Niagara Falls. We get snow and rain and at times in the summer we get temps over 100F. Right now the temps are higher than average for February. We also had a lot more snow this year than we had last year and the year before that.

Dh came home for lunch. We still haven't decided what we are having for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:57 pm

bw2 said:
I am trying to follow that thinking that if you can't put it away then you can't start another load - lol
I try also, except if I have a load in the dryer to fold it's okay to start another - and some of what I wash I hang to dry so doesn't go to dryer.

I am heading out to the grocery soon. I'm trying to decide whether to take a load to the Goodwill or ReStore today too. I"ll need stops at the drugstore and the vet's office also.

Should have some lunch first.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:11 pm

The elders made the decision to cancel dinner and worship services tonight. DH called and told the preacher to let him know, then called the food place and asked if the 125 pieces of fried chicken ordered & paid for could be postponed until next Wed. (they were expecting it and agree to it). I put the cancellation info on the church FB group and then I notified the local news station so they will put it on their website, the scrolling bar on the TV channel, and their FB group. I think that covers it. Hopefully, the cancelation news will filter out to everyone.

I saw some of the schools have already posted that they are closing tomorrow. Everything is white outside now. Nothing but ice.

Lunch is stir-fry = shrimp, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic served with quinoa. Every bite is oh soooo good.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Hello dear ladies,

Icy rain and roads here too. Dson C and his fiancé got into a wreck yesterday due to the road conditions. Vehicle will be easily repaired, thanks to having a brother in the car business and the people aren’t badly injured. Dson C got a few bruises where the seat belt was and his fiancé got her thumb hurt. I think a good lesson was learned, like if it isn’t absolutely necessary, you don’t need to go out on icy roads.

Have fed all my people and Dgs is playing in his playpen. DH wants to get a bigger playpen for him so he’s looking at Amazon for that. We want to get a changing table too but are waiting to see how the next court appearance turns out. Perhaps Dson N or dil will be done and can get dgs back. It’s doubtful that things will be over by then but one never knows and would hate to put out the money for the table and play yard and only use it for a few weeks.

I never knew you were charged for everything the police and the district attorney does in prosecuting you. That is the court costs which is always being run up with every court appearance. So they like to keep the meter running as long as they can. And then you have your attorney to pay for your defense.

Work day for me, I go in about 4 so hoping the roads are ok by then, if not I’ll call in.

Have a Great Day all!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:25 pm

just a quick hi - since I have not done my worst things first
Hi will come back and say individually

I am wondering how d harriets dgd is doing today - I hope better!

hi d sadie, hi d twins, hi d cathy, hi d lady!

My home blessing is done. (i could use a house make over though - anyone have $150,000 they want to give me? 8-)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:38 pm

copies of important papers done and sealed in envelopes... dh will take them to the post office
flipped laundry and did put away of dogs blanket
washing one more blanket and then I will do cats cover to stay ahead of the their fur loss
cat litter done
cleaned a shelf in fridge done

next file cards for next week
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:46 pm

Bw2 I resemble that remark about home makeover! Too funny. I have let the hens out of the run. Had lunch most of it. Processed some info. & feelings. It has warmed up to 31* decided against going to town this morning.

I got the upstairs vacuumed yea for progress every little bit helps!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”