Thankful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Thankful Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:45 am

You know, I was up at eight a.m. today and dd just came through and spent a while chatting and I'm just now trying to get back where I was. I may go over there this evening when dh is out and see her apartment - she's been spiffing things up. I did some kitchen clean up while chatting with her also so that's done. I have a load of laundry going also, so over all an earlier start. Then I disappeared into the garage and ended up doing about 30 min of much needed sweeping and straightening. It's never gotten over the closet installation last spring when everything in our master closet got emptied out there. And then I got out a couple of spring wreaths - need to put one on front porch and one on back porch, and get out other spring things...

If I write/research most the day I won't be able to get to the gym. I think I have too many conflicting priorities going right now. And I still need to s2s and walk the ddog and then it will be 11:30 before I get started. How did I let the a.m. get away from me again?

-s2s
-make the bed
-walk the dog
-reboot laundry, fold towels in dryer (at least they're easy, bw2.)
-get started!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:47 am

:D d twins

I think those meds are script here in the states but I am not sure????

heading out soon. wishing you a wonderful morning (or d lynn a wonderful evening)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Blessed, it is a sore big toe (I mistyped in my opening post but since corrected.) Arthritis is getting really bad these day. That's part of the incentive to work on my weight. Most days it is a twinge here or there with the toe but lately it is getting worse and on Tuesday night it kept me from getting to sleep and woke me up twice. Thankfully the arthritis cream worked. I like that it is localized because to take more advil for a big toe seems like I'm expecting a lot for the meds to get all the way down there (I'm weird that way.)

I've managed to make a dent in the paperwork. Not done yet (to be honest, I'll never be done) but a good start was made today. The way I rearranged my computer desk is working for me. My laptop screen is the task at hand, and distractions (such as the SHE boards) are on my big screen which is at right angles so I have to turn my chair entirely. But then my computer keyboard is in the wrong position so I have to pull out my keyboard tray and move my keyboard over. It is like having two computers which helps me compartmentalize.

Ironically, my computer is now set up so I can work and watch tv at the same time. Normally a recipe for disaster but it is currently helping keep me on task, since in order to go off task I'm either walking out of the room or, if the computer is distracting me, swing my chair so my back is to the computer. Since I don't want to look away from the TV, I stay focused on my work screen.

Of course, things like 'have to go to the bathroom' also get put aside so I'm going to rush away now!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Good morning y'all! I am still thankful to be employed. It has been three years since my last unemployment and I am still grateful. I am one of the few people who does not hate Mondays. Yes, I would enjoy longer weekends, but Mondays are petty good things.

I got very little done last night due to a return of the migraine, which also was here this morning. I have applied meds and am headache free (for now), but sleepy. Thankful for migraine meds too. I did return library books and get more, but I am missing one of the last batch that I have not read yet. Hah! Just typing that made me realize - SUITCASE! Ran two LOLs, but went to bed instead of putting them away. My kitchen is still beautiful after last month's work, with only a few items on the table needing put away.

It is National Margarita Day and the xBFF invited me and a mutual friend out to indulge in one. I will be meeting them, but my "indulgence" will be Sprite. I have no designated driver and don't want caffeine at 8:30 pm. I can relate to DeeClutter's comments on the swindler. xBFF still thinks the x and the other woman are wonderful, but just HAD to be together, and does not understand why I will not be friends with them. Um ... adultery and betrayal come to mind. Both are two-faced and the x is a mean, inconsiderate perfectionist who is never satisfied with anyone or anything. To his credit, he is not one who gets joy in others' misery. He just wants us all to be on improvement plans where he dictates what and how we will improve and when we will accomplish it. Oh, and he determines our grade. The low point was when he decided to use ON ME a program that the major company he works for uses to improve communications between managers and their subordinates. This communication was all about managers getting across what they wanted done, and getting the employees to do it. Communication in marriage is supposed to be two way, not about getting me to do what he wants. It worked in the workplace, I don't think he ever understood why it didn't work at home.

In answer to blessedw2's question about the time it takes to do a WHB: if I ever do one, I'll time it. I told you that Elizabeth's Own Maid Service is a buncha slackers.

I hope CathyS is not getting cold sores AND shingles. (Shuddering at the thought of that much misery). Also hoping DeeClutter is seeing the end of her illness.

Sadie: the best changing table is a blanket on top of the dryer. I used this instead of getting a downstairs changing table because there was no place for one. I liked that better than the real one upstairs.

I'm glad lucylee spoke up! I'm quite sure others agree with her, but didn't have the nerve to say anything.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

I’m thankful for the warm and cozy home we have especially while the weather is bad.

DH has gone out to pick up dog food.

We slept in a bit until dgs called out to us. He sleeps in a small room off our bedroom. It was my office and I still have my desk there. It was used as a baby’s room when we were raising our children.

breakfast has been made for all, I’m going to give dgs his bath. then on to other adventures.

Work day for me.

Great day to All!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:07 pm

still morning here - waiting at SB coffee - I am on the list to have the Genius bar ap ple to text me to get this virus off my computer. It was my own fault - I thought I was downloading Adobe and it turned out to be ya hoo (switched me off of g oogle and no matter what I did I couldn't get off, a travel thingy, and mac cleaner (which I hear is the worst) -
Thank goodness I have ignored all the notices to use the macbook
just got a text that said 30 minutes before appointment but now got a text that said an hour. I should have gone when they opened. I tried to get an appointment on line but they said it would take a couple days. being sidetracked I never know where I will be in a couple days - I forget.

hi sadie!

hi d Elizabeth - (((hope the migraine goes away permanently - I know my headache came back again but the meds kicked in before it derailed me. hope it stays away.
I told you that Elizabeth's Own Maid Service is a buncha slackers.
made me giggle.

That hurts d kathryn just the same! I am glad you are not getting a cold (knock on wood). great job on dent in paperwork. I hear you re: putting off the bathroom - my family asks me why I do that - ;)

hi d twins, I wish you could see my garage - it needs help! well done on working out there.

hi d lynn stay dry at your house.

hi d dee - that ginger-ale sounds great.

hi d cathy well done on getting the garbage and recycling out in time! I am the only one in my household/family that loves tuna casserole. A favourite for me.

hi d nancy always a great response when you don't agree. I actually respect dh for saying that he sees things differently (we all can't agree all the time and it's good to respect each by accepting those moments and accepting another's thoughts). You are never alone in your thoughts.. I tell that to dd's all the time... there are so many people in the world with such variety of experiences and believes that there are always those who think similarly even when one is surrounded by a bubble of people who make you think you are the only one with those opinions. I think that's why those fb groups work well for support. I am surrounded by family that I love who see things so differently than I do and I thought I was alone until I met dh's family - very similar to me in so many ways. - you are doing great!

I saw d lucy yesterday night - you are a busy girl! have a great day too.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:15 pm

It isn't just Elizabeth's Own maid service that are a bunch of slackers... Cathy's Own Maid Service seem to be on almost permanent vacation.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:16 pm

We woke up to everything outside being covered in a thick layer of ice. All schools canceled. Many of the business and military base are closed. Thankfully about an hour ago the temps rose about freezing so now the sleet has turned into raindrops and the ice is starting to melt.

DS9 and DH have chiropractor appointments this afternoon. For the first time, I won't be taking DS9 to his chiropractor appt. DGD6 and I will stay at home.

I read part of a book this morning called "Organize Tomorrow Today". It encouraged planning tomorrow's schedule & tasks by lunchtime today. I am going to try to establish this habit.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:25 pm

Back from town dropped off a bag of donations, did food shopping, got Rx, h got glasses repaired, took a ring in to be sized. Brought home take out for meals. Walked ddog a bit, most of the snow has melted off.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:49 pm

It took three hours all together but my computer is fixed . At local restaurant bc if I went home again I would never leave - I’m perusing my l*st and deciding where to go next

Return to “Post When You Can”