Thankful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Thankful Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:03 pm

I love my daughter, I love my daughter, but she really has trouble respecting my "boundaries." She wanted me to come over tonight and hang out with her, and with dh out for the evening I really needed/wanted to work on the research report. I'm pretty freaked out about doing a good job on it, and I'm really feeling my way through the format, through Word issues, and the fact that it's research for my "personal" file, but I'm writing it as tho it's for a client. As a client project, I wouldn't have time to review the almost 40 land deeds of one family, much less the deeds of the second family that I haven't summarized yet. So I need to dial down the "scope" even tho I know the answer is in the will, not the land deeds. :lol:

Then dMuffin was insistent about a walk and I'm just now trying to get back on track. I did go to dd's apartment to see how she's spiffed it up - she has hung pictures and bought secondhand furniture and is pulling it together.

I looked at LadyM's book at Amazon and put it on my "wish list."
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:04 pm

It is so hard to get good help these days. Kathryn's Own Maid Service didn't show up at all today!

Maybe she was off looking for the room where Slackers Anonymous meets.

In the meantime, I did get the errand run with dh. Next time I'll leave him to do it all by himself. I remembered the location of the store we were going to completely wrong, then when I told him turn right, he assumed I meant left because I always get those two mixed up, but ended up going straight because it was quicker to the road we were supposed to be on. Except it wasn't due to the these roads not being in grid style, so we got turned around and both learned more about that strange end of town.

Dgs was a delight when we got to his place. I fed him the rest of this lunch and cleaned him up. His Dada was home and so I picked him up to take him to his Dad and he said Nana. I asked if it was in context and dd said he seemed to be saying it in context these day (including calling Nona "Nana" while on Skype the other day.) I gave him to his Dad who after a few minutes tried to pass him off to dh to read to him but he wanted me to walk him to dh and then he just ignored him.

He proved he really was saying my name because he was standing next to me (I was sitting on the floor with him) and he said "Nana" and then leaned in and gave me a hug and a kiss. So it is official, I have a name!

The upshot is that I should let dh go on his own from time to time because when I'm there, dgs just wants to play with me and I want him to spend time with Grandpa too.

I'll pick dd up from the fertility clinic on Saturday and we'll have some one-on-one time with a bit of shopping before I take her home. She and I don't get that now because dgs is almost always with her but he can't be at the clinic.

Dh and I got home by 4:20 and I had dinner in the oven by 4:35. It was roast chicken and baked potato so that meant we had time to go over to the store for a few things. That was a nice walk. We kept seeing people from the buildings so made us feel more at home and happy to live here. I'm glad that after almost 4 years we are still glad we made the jump.

Dinner was nice but I've been wasting the evening so have to get on the treadmill now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:09 pm

It is so hard to get good help these days. Kathryn's Own Maid Service didn't show up at all today!

Maybe she was off looking for the room where Slackers Anonymous meets.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:27 pm

Hmmm....well it would seem that FL is about the only state that is having really nice weather, so maybe Slackers Anonymous is having their break down here. No wonder nothing's getting done.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:25 pm

Ah, but it's nice weather here also, albeit a bit warm for February. Close to 80 degrees today. :shock:

I have been working....about to wrap it up for the evening. I love having this upstairs office for work.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:42 pm

Wow, Twin's, I wouldn't have expected 80 where you live.

We've had warmer weather recently but it will plummet tonight and then we are due to get freezing rain tomorrow, starting around lunch.

I need to get the car washed before that happens, I'm not getting the value out of my monthly plan because after having the car out, I'm too anxious to get home. Today we came home instead of doing it. Same thing on Tuesday and I was too late to do it on Saturday.

I hate making a special trip but I'll have to.

I just got off the phone with the bank. I was locked out of my account for some reason. Just a few weeks ago I had to set up a security word and picked PC Computer (for example) as my word. I spelled it out. So tonight I was asked for the fourth and last letter. I wrote it on a piece of paper and said O and R. Nope, that wasn't it. I only had one more try. I guessed C and R. Correct! Apparently the space counts as a letter. So I had it reset to PCcomputer so I won't get mixed up again.

I have a mess with reconciling the bank account. Didn't know it until I went to reconcile a credit card and couldn't figure out where the money came from that paid the bill since it wasn't in Quicken. This one monthly statement is going to take another hour to get reconciled because it is 3 pages of foreign exchange entries and then I'll have to do the bank. Once I got into the account I could see I had enough money to cover anything coming up but I'm still not sure what is wrong between Quicken and the Bank.

Return to “Post When You Can”