Thankful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Thankful Thursday

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:58 pm

Had to come back to the computer to look up what color Anna's dress is in Frozen (the dress with the vertical strips). This detailed information seemed vitally important for a 6-year-old to know.

I finished planning tomorrow's to-do's and schedule. I am printing it off to take with me. DD is picking up DS9 and DGD6 tomorrow morning at 6:30am to spend the day with her. I'll take DH to the oral surgery for removal of 3 jaw teeth then bring him home (hopefully with good drugs). It's going to be a "hurry up and wait" type of day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:22 pm

I need to set up an appointment with Slackers Anonymous. It's been that sort of day. I thought I would just take it easy a bit and try to de-stress. My nerves are just all a-jangle.

After being out of the house for 2 days straight, I'm finding it hard to get back into the swing of things. I told DH at one point that I didn't need to know every thought that was in his brain.

How do we all stay organized? Some make lists or have systems in place. I have a system and habits and I come here. DH talks through everything. It's exhausting.

Changed purses for yesterday into a tiny light purse because the bigger one was hard for me to manage in tight places going back and forth between rooms a dozen times in a day and I felt like all eyes were on me everytime I moved around... and because I changed a habit my keys went missing today. I usually clip them right on the strap ring of my purse, so I know where they are at all times. Pick up my purse to go out and there are my keys right there. Not with the little purse. Tore the house apart searching. Couldn't find them anywhere. Was going to go outside to look into garbage can where I'd tossed a paper cup yesterday... when DH found them hanging on the key rack by the front door. Changed one habit and my world was upside down. Yikes!

I did wipe counters and deal with some paperwork on my desk, and I changed back into other purse which has a place for my key clip.

I need a nap.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Lucy’s Cleaning Service too. I think they must have just quit without giving any notice...

Thankful dmom is not in the hospital. Y’all, she has gained 12 lbs over the last week or so and this morning she couldn’t get her kidneys to act and felt dizzy. I took her to the ER and just had to drop her off bc I had dgd with me. She was fine, understood that dh was going to be useless today after his long day yesterday, and she just called me a little while ago to pick her up. She said they got 800 cc (?) fluid off and sent her home with a catheter.
So I guess we’re still going to the foot doctor tomorrow.

She also said her neurologist had told her she had poor circulation in her small blood vessels. Is that neuropathy? She also has some neuropathy.

I’ve done nothing today except watch dgd play, nap, and run a taxi service. In the pickup line for dgs now...
Slackers Anonymous... LOL, Harmony. I think they’ve nominated me for president.

I’m also LOL at Mr Harmony... having to share every thought that comes in his head.. LOL...
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:43 pm

Oh my goodness.
Slackers Anonymous.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm in. Maybe we can form a special charter chapter in the village.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Having a new-to-me phone has brought some frustration. It is too big to fit in pockets where my previous phone did just fine. I've done some experimenting with mostly failures. I've tried a fanny pack type of phone carrier. I've tried a wristlet that wears the phone on arm. I've even tried hanging it from my neck! In desperation, I put on the cargo pants that I use when hiking. The phone fits perfectly in the tech pocket on the cargo pants. So.....I found a solution to how to carry the phone, but it means I will be wearing cargo pants every day. Unless I find another solution I will be waving good bye to the skinny jeans and buying cargo pants.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:39 pm

I want to CUOPosts in PWYC but must rush into posting or risk never saying anything.

Yesterday was almost 6 hours of caring for toddlerC at her own house, with Gunner. There is just nothing for me to do there. She was awake the whole time. I did take a book - very little chance to look at it.

Today HRH wanted me to go with him on errands, but I was at his schedule's mercy as far as what time, and missed some opportunities to do other things. We did get a few things done, and he believes we were efficient. I don't think he knows how extremely efficient I have to be when I have a lot of places to "duck in".

Phone rang even then... ...I cannot catch a break. Maybe the train of thought is not too far from station. Maybe I can bbl.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:39 pm

home - I could continue but when rush hour happens I try to be home.
stopped at tar jet
ap ple
ate out for lunch (by myself and I was okay with it)
picked up things for easter (that won't spoil) (easter baskets others) - I will set it up tonight and put it on my top shelf of my closet.
saw my d b - nice visit - he's heading out west to go skiing - happy for him

I was/am a bit frustrated that I found dh's dishes in sink still - and his popcorn having babies (again) on our dining room floor where he eats it.
dd younger also added to it. (I added to it by leaving my pants on the church bench. There is still the grate from the banana bread in the sink etc. etc. very frustrating. dh did get the garbage from the bathroom, got his hairs cut (as he says), and put the garbage at the street for tomorrow. I know I am being picky - I know I am complaining to myself and you all. 8-) ;) Sometimes I want some of those brownie elves (from girl scouts story many years ago) to come and pick up after us - not all the time just when I go out 8-). I love when I can see I am being an inner brat because if I don't see it everyone else does :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Got food put away. No work for h today. He did paper round up so we could drop off tax stuff plus two other errands. I cooked up eggs and h got a how to make deviled eggs lesson.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:15 pm

Today's posts are very funny. Thank you Elizabeth for starting off our humor. :lol:

Phone's been ringing off the hook. I'm still getting used to our new cordless phones. We can deal with our messages from all the handsets and not go to the little answering machine itself. We can do a lot of stuff with these phones. Doesn't matter, it still makes me jump when it rings.

Oh, our fax machine works, even with the answering machine all the way out in the kitchen now. I didn't think it would.

Lucylee I sure hope your DMom is ok. I don't think fluid retention is part of neuropathy. Neuropathy is usually just numbness, tingling, stuff like that.

I cleaned up the kitchen and emptied the dishwasher; worked a bit in another closet. Dumped a whole bunch of clothes off their hangers by accident and had to clean that all up too.

DH is still working; he was out in the shop welding something with someone and he kept setting off the whole house of smoke detectors. Walking around here with my hands over my ears. I live in a fun house. Not a fun... house.... it's an asylum.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:48 pm

lol re: slackers anonymous - so so me too!

sorry your nerves are on edge d harmony!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”