Thankful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Thankful Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:39 am

I'm awake. The Voltaren cream worked on my really sore toe last night so it didn't prevent me from falling asleep or wake me up in the night. That was a positive change from the previous night and I'm thankful.

What are you thankful for?

Big, small, weird (like my choice), Hallmark Card-ish; it doesn't matter, just focus on something to be thankful for today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thankful Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:45 am

I'm also thankful I only have one distracting to-do on my list today. And dh will be out all evening so that's another distraction I'll not have. This day is looking bright (even if it is cloudy outside.)

This morning is wide open so I'll do the house blessing. The apartment is looking very dull around the edges and the bedroom in particular is simply disgusting. I have a new podcast to listen to so that will amuse me while I work.

I also will make up the meal plan and grocery list for this week.

After lunch I have to pick up an ordered item for dsil and drop it at his house. It is an 8' dowel, I think, so they couldn't use the bus to bring it home. It should fit in the Prius if we slide it between the front seats and put the back seats down. I'm taking dh with me so that he can visit with dgs since he hasn't seen him for 11 days. Too long in my opinion.

I'll probably do a Costco run on the way there or back and/or a grocery run. I have a lot of heavy things on my grocery list.

Dinner is roast chicken, beer-can style (but with cranberry gingerale instead.)

And, as always, working on paperwork.

I'm also thankful I don't have a service this week, but will do the reading for my March services so I can start thinking about them.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:45 am

so sorry you have a bad sore throat d Kathryn!
Thank you for starting us - - being thankful first thing in the morning -
best way to start the day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:11 am

today: errands this morning,
working with dd younger

separate laundry
dailies

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:42 am

Wondering what Voltaren cream is, Kathryn. I go to sleep just fine, then in the middle of the night the arthritis in my toes acts up and I'm awake for hours usually. When they stay 'quiet' I sleep for quite a while. I've tried various things -some work, some don't. Editing: Looked it up, Kathryn, and figured out it's probably something that I shouldn't use. Too bad, because it sounds like just what I need. :cry:

Need to get a birthday card addressed, check written and send it to dgd22 before the mail lady comes. Was going to go buy one today but dsonil brought a bunch of cards home from his dmom's the other day. Found a granddaughter one from H allmark about 3rd down in the pile. It's perfect. Freely took it since I knew dd would never use it.

We got a phone call last night that dd/dsonil's new refrigerator would be delivered between 8-12 today. I was outside moving my car and saw a truck go by our road. Few minutes later they had backtracked and were here at 8:01. How often does that happen? Looks really nice -it's obviously about 6" deeper than their old one. Will wait a few hours for it to cool, then will put some things in it that I know dd won't care. The rest I'll let her decide.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:49 am

Thankful to be in a better head space today. H & I had a good talk to agree to disagree about a topic I mentioned in J & C thread. I watched Pres. have a panel in the white house on recient Fla. Events it helped me to know I was not alone in how I was feeling. Glad they had more than more than one view point. I am grateful I got the upstairs vacuumed yesterday, and got the counters spiffed up. H is off so I have a chauffeur for store run. H can get his glasses fixed too. We got a quarter of an inch of snow in the nite.
Happy to see the usa womens gold won in hockey. Sorry K in C.

I have had breakfast. Need to move s2s. Journaling is done.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:53 am

Hi everyone!

I got up and got dressed and got the garbage and recycling out before 9.

I am thankful that I am feeling well enough to be completely dressed with my face washed and hair brushed and feeling human again after 2 weeks. I have decided that I am not going to use the puffer/inhaler today because I am hungry and I want my food to taste like food darn it. IF I start to cough, I will have a bit of cough syrup or some honey.

Dh called and wanted me to go to the accountant's office, but I spoke to our accountant yesterday and he wasn't feeling well and was on his way home when I called him.

Supper tonight is tuna casserole made with medium sized shells instead of macaroni. We have had it with small shells and really enjoyed it, so we thought that the medium sized ones might be something we could try. We load up on pasta when it's on sale, which is why we keep trying all different types.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:06 am

Hello hello - waving to all of you! I know what I am supposed but putting it off - so putting on my CEO name tag ( 8-) of course I am the CEO of my home so I will act as if I have important business to do and not make excuses why I won't start.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:34 am

BTW, Kathryn, meant to say that we love that new flavor of cranberry gingerale. At least it's new here. I buy it when I can find it (on sale). We have 3 cases right now. Probably will try to buy some to take north as I'm not sure we have it up there.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:43 am

Dee - Voltaren is in the same group as asprin and similar but different painkillers. (not paracetamol/tyernoal)
So there are limits to safe use as if it were ingested, particularly if you already take something in those groups..

rain continues.
rang dd2. ....
Thankful for a house.
that is dry inside.

why am I still here?
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”