FINAL FRIDAY FOR FEBRUARY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

FINAL FRIDAY FOR FEBRUARY

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:41 am

Well, I'll start -if someone else does in the meantime I'll take it down. Is that enough "F's"?

Yesterday was another 2 steps back type of day. I'm about at 8 weeks now. It's time for this 'thing' to be gone!!!

Dh had to go to Bartow with dsonil yesterday afternoon to pick up his car. He's sure we're still having the same problem with the rough idling. They asked him if he wanted to leave the car. He didn't because he thought I had an appointment this morning. I told him that and he just asked me again when my appointment is -3 o'clock. "Oh, I thought it was this morning." :roll: So, obviously the car will not go in this week.

Need to have breakfast and hopefully feel a little more energetic and get busy.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

BookSaver
Administrator

Re: FINAL FRIDAY FOR FEBRUARY

Postby BookSaver » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:14 am

Hello, villagers ~
Peeking in again. Or do I mean reaching out from the midst of a whirlwind?

My workplace is in a state of constant upheaval. I try every time I'm scheduled to work to go in with a smile and upbeat attitude, but it's a struggle to keep up when the boss is always so tense and grouchy.

Remember me trying to retire from the sewing group board? Last week the new treasurer decided that she can't do the job after all. I'm very grateful that the 4-year term limit means that legally I cannot do the job again this year, so I have no guilt saying no for now. I am, unfortunately, back on the hook again for training a new person. I am not responsible for finding the new person, but I've had to have some extra unplanned meetings reminding people what is included in the job description and reassuring them that the group will survive.

DH said to me a couple of days ago that it still feels like his new car is a rental that he will have to return after his old car is repaired. That's exactly how I feel, too. I'm getting more used to driving my new car, but it still feels temporary.

My day is more or less on hold until I hear from work whether or not they need me this afternoon. The boss is taking the day off, 1 coworker is ill, and the afternoon person might get a call that will cause her to run to family in a hurry.

If I get called in this afternoon, I'll be there noon to 5:45. If I don't get called in to the library, I will be decluttering in my kitchen. Either way, I need to get supper into the crock pot by 11:00.

CUOP from the past couple of days, I see LadyMaverick talking about seed potatoes and onion sets. Yes, spring is on its way. We are in the middle of wintry mix weather today -- might be snow, might be sleet or ice -- but I have noticed the earlier sunrises and later sunsets. The children's librarian is planning to bring the incubator and chicken eggs in next week for our annual Project Peep.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:27 am

Hi!

Not raining. Not snowing. It is overcast/foggy. We have a very busy train track just north of us and this morning it was a long, low tune that at least one train was blowing. So I knew without opening the blinds that it was most likely a bit foggy out.

Tonight dh and I have yet another hot date at Costco. Dh is on the hunt for a certain type of sausage that he likes that we have bought in the past, but they didn't have them last week. We have also both decided that we really like their bagels. Plus, where else can you get a hot dog and a refillable drink for $1.50? I get one sausage on a bun with a drink and dh gets 3 but only takes one drink cup.

I ran a load of dishes last night, so there is one sink full of stuff to wash. IF Cathy's Own Maid Service shows up today, that might even get done between now and 5 p.m.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:40 am

I'm up and s2s. Bedroom tidied, kitchen tidied, tea and chocolate done and while I had that I worked on sorting receipts for the credit card bill I have to reconcile.

But I won't get to that when I finish the breakfast I'm consuming now because I have to get out and back before the freezing rain starts.

Didn't sleep too well last night so didn't pop out of bed. Dh was the culprit, he slept way worse than I did, poor thing. He's really overwhelmed with work.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:18 am

I've done my straightening up for dcleaning lady and she's doing her magic. Thank goodness she's not a slacker!

I am heading out to get a pedicure this a.m.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:23 am

Guess who showed up! My dishes are all done!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am

Must be the "Slackers" are off winter/spring break, dCathy?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:36 am

fabulous, fantastique, fun, functioning, fresh final friday for February to you as well! Thank you d dee for starting us this fine day.

d book - we are all grabbing your hand to pull you out of your whirlwind.

enjoy your date at Cost co d cathy.

d kathryn good morning - hoping your dh has less stress from work so both of you can have a good night sleep. I would love to borrow your energy today :D please send me some of your work ethic today.

how nice that your d cleaning lady came - always a nice way to start ones day d twins. Have a good one
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:40 am

Good morning everyone! DD16 was sick with a headache and in bed when I went to pick her up for Girls' Night Out. She decided to stay there. I asked the x to let her teachers know she was sick in case her homework didn't get done. If illness is a valid excuse for missing school, it ought to be valid for missing homework. I did all my daily stuff, even my shower, before meeting xBFF and the mutual friend. This way, I was able to go straight to bed when I got home. I had dinner there, they had appetizers and margaritas. We got an extra glass for me and I was able to have about a half an ounce of margarita. One day DD will be old enough to be designated driver. Some odd conversations. xBFF let someone at her workplace steal her idea because "my identity is not my work". Mine isn't either, but I would not aid and abet a thief! Especially to my own disadvantage. Then, they discussed the guns they got for the zombie apocalypse. WTF?!?!?! These are educated intelligent women. The mutual friend was saying that zombies are in the Bible (Zechariah 14:12). I went home and read it, but given how often leprosy is used as a curse, I think it more likely to refer to that.

I did find the missing library book in the suitcase. Lara is still doing the 4 am wake up calls, but I am using it to my advantage. I am taking my morning meds then. Now, I am guaranteed good separation between meds and food. I must remember to call my younger brother, it is his birthday.

Booksaver: What happens to the chicks at the end of Project Peep? I know I would be horrified if my DD brought home a chicken from the library. (And it would not be safe for the chick, even in my reduced household of only two stray cats).

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:53 am

zombies - I am concerned by the fact that guns and "zombie" are even combined by intelligent women. Scary.
Also saying that zombie's were part of the bible - also concerning at the lack of understanding regarding that time in history and the affect of illness. people were afraid and they lacked the knowledge and the medicine to help the individuals inflicted.

d elizabeth hope your dd is feeling better.

sad to say the chicks at the zoo in the city are used for food for the snakes etc.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”