FINAL FRIDAY FOR FEBRUARY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: FINAL FRIDAY FOR FEBRUARY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:42 pm

I got the errands run and the car back in the garage just as the rain started. At that point it wasn't freezing rain but now my living room window is covered in ice so I'm glad I got home when I did.

I had a long time at the bulk food store. I had a coupon for $3 off if I bought $10 but I had used another one of those earlier this week so was having trouble thinking what to buy. I remembered the cereal bars that our NZ friend made, that dh loved so I phoned him and had him send me the recipe. Those ingredients (nothing fancy but I didn't have 1/2 of them in my pantry) plus dried apple chips for dgs and popcorn for me brought me to $19.

I knew I could put the apple chips back but am interested in trying them myself. He loves apples and loves 'crackas' (chips, crackers or cookies, plus he thinks the yellow circles in his books are crackers and not the sun!) so I'm hoping this is a healthy treat he can have at my place from time to time or if I'm out with him. He's allowed raisins as well, so I'm keeping those on hand and I'll let him have goldfish crackers sometime soon. Dd and dsil are weird about what he's allowed to have so I have the impression he can't have baked goods or junk food from me, but he does get it on occasion at home.

I fed my kids differently, putting out only healthy items almost all the time and letting the kids eat when they felt like it. If they came to me asking for food while I was making dinner, I'd put out a snack for them. If they 'ruined' their dinner, it was just because they had carrot sticks, cheese and maybe a cracker or two while I was cooking and the dinner would appear as a snack later or lunch the next day. My goal was to let them decide when they were hungry and how much they'd eat.

Dd instead is strict about meal and treat times, and chooses from foods she knows he likes plus those she's introducing, but then he can eat as much or little as he wants (so she controls items and time but he controls volume.) If he indicates he wants food, I can't give it to him unless we are at a snack time (which is determined by the time since the last eating, not time on the clock since his sleep has no patterns at all so he can start the day anywhere between 6 and 9 in the morning.)

This difference isn't a big deal except at big family meals where I may put out veggies and dip and cheese and crackers for people to have as an appetizer while the big meal is being prepared (since a turkey dinner seldom arrives at the table when I think it will.) That interferes with dd controlling snack time.

My watch timer is about to go off and I think the house cleaner will appear then. The vacuuming should be done while there's daylight even if it is a dull day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:49 pm

RR - I loved reading about the dog training. MOST EXCELLENT!

I have DH home and in the recliner. His surgery lasted 55 minutes. After he woke up and managed to get out of the wheelchair and into the vehicle, then he went back to sleep (good drugs). I stopped and filled up the vehicle with gas, then stopped at the pharmacy to fill his pain & antibody meds and he slept through that too. I need to make a spreadsheet for DH medication times over the next few days and get it printed.

DD picked up DS9 and DGD6 at 6:30am and will drop them both off when she goes to work in about an hour. I truly appreciate the no drama ease the kids are going back/forth between our homes.

We are having thunderstorms with lots of deep rumbling. I love storms! I appreciate the weather being above freezing so the ice has melted off the roads. Our walkway and yard still have ice on them but I suspect it will be gone by the EOD.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Alrighty! Medication spreadsheet is now hanging on the refrigerator with a highlighter to mark them off as pills are taken. DH will take his last pill at 10pm next Thursday.

I'm going to tackle Tax paperwork until the kids get here. I finally received my tax form showing retirement income a couple days ago. Why was the federal government so late sending them out? I thought they were supposed to be sent by Feb 1st. OH wells. At least it did arrive so I'll just count that as a blessing and forget about it being late.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:52 pm

I finished my mini home blessing - I swiped dh sink (it is me that wants it done daily bc it get yucky each day - so i just did it) maybe 20 seconds - took the fluffy swiffer thing and wet and sprayed bleach water on it and swiped toilets. I am having trouble with dh's toilet spraying water up each time it flushes and it is not the clean water that fills it (I will ask a plumber) I have to put a folded new paper towel each day on the back right (just under the corner of the toilet seat) It's really gross but no matter what I do - the splash keeps coming up.
swiffer dusted and swiffer around the toilets and main floor of bathrooms
dd walked the dogs a long time :D took one and then the other. (now both d dogs are exhausted 8-) )
dh changed the sheets and washed them :D
I tossed from the bedroom as our garbage is empty again after garbage day
vacuumed first floor surfaces that I can see
swiffer dusted and swiffer rinsed surface where I can see - nothing exciting.

my family is getting notorious for leaving things out. I have to do some thinking on this as they have had changed some of their bad habits to good. I have to think, think, think like winnie the pooh
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:59 pm

hello
d kathryn yay on getting errands run before it rained. hello to the house cleaner at your house :D

hi d lady well done on getting that spreadsheet done and up. (((I am praying he feels better - glad that is over with)))

hello all.

I am taking a break. Dogs are sleeping.
I flipped laundry
my big spinning wheel broke - there is no repairing it. (it's a decoration and not a working one) - I have a lovely one that belonged to my d mom's bF grandmother. regular size).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Picked up a ring I had sized so I do not have to worry about loosing it. But it is top heavy so I took it off and put my w mart synthetic birthstone one back on it us my "work" one! :roll:

Walked the ddog at the park on the way home. Went to the rock exchange, did hen chores. Had lunch. I have not done very many chores around here today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Apartment is vacuumed and dusted. A load of laundry is folded and put away, another is in the washer and a third is on the freezer waiting its turn. The floor mopping is missing from that list but can wait until Monday.

Dh will be starting dinner soon. We are having two different dinners tonight but both of us are using the leftover chicken from last night as our base.

I'm starving so I will start in on cutting up the veggies for my stir fry now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:26 pm

I just realized that Friday happened. :shock: More importantly, all the things that I normally take care of on Friday didn't happen. I've been so focused on DH care that I forgot all the Friday stuff. Time to step it up and knock some of it out now. I don't think I can do all of it before bedtime, but I can do some. I can do the rest of it tomorrow.
1. Know what you want.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:07 pm

Blessed.... gather all the left out stuff in a basket or box and then make your “children” including your husband do a chore to get it back.... hold your ground, if they act like little children the. treat them like little children :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:08 pm

I am so tired I can’t hold a thought, but wanted to say hello to everyone.
Two doctors appts with dmom today and it looks like home health rehab is her only choice. Medicare. Sheesh. She would love to have the surgery ASAP. Yesterday would have been good. But now, she’s got to see about getting a ramp built and we’ll have to line up helpers...
Sheesh.
I will be a nervous wreck until she is back on her feet.
Sheesh.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”