Zombie Apocalypse Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:28 pm

I hope you are able to find another garden hoe d harriet - we have a grass similar to yours - it buries itself deep and spreads like wildfire - we call it a crab grass even though it's not. (it makes me pretty crabby :D ) so happy your dh helped you. I am sure it is looking pretty!

hi d lady hope your sweet dh gets the rest he needs today. hope you have some quiet hours.

hi d twins - I can't imagine 72 yet (is that normal or is a warm for your area at this time of year)

hi d nancy - I hope you are able to have a little sewing time in your future today

hi d sadie stay safe with the area flooding.
hope d little one skin issues go away. How old is your sweet little one?

I wish you all a good day.
dd younger is in the shower and I have to go outside and empty my car of my tar jay purchases I made the day before yesterday. Do I want to - I think you all know the answer 8-)

May your joys be deep as the ocean
Your troubles be light as its foam
and may you find sweet piece of mind
wherever you may roam
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:45 pm

Made me want to look it up bw2, the average high temp for Feb is 54.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Ds has assigned a ladder truck to the bridge at his dept's exit and it will flank, along with another municipality's dept on the other side. He's allowing only those already assigned to that truck today to position themselves on it. Way too crowded and an inability to exit quickly if needed. So he won't be there. Kinda makes me sad - he has to be the serious guy in the office and not the one experiencing it. He was a crusade usher with his ddad when he was 10 years old

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:59 pm

we are heading out.

?
dh and I had an interesting discussion on which teachers influenced you most - both in things you loved and moved you forward or something you thought you wouldn't like and had a great teacher that turned that around.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi everyone!

Dh and I have had a nice morning. We went out to some of the thrift stores/re-use stores in the area. There is an independent one in our town and dh likes to go there to support them. They are coming up to their 3rd anniversary in 2 more weeks. We buy stuff from them, we donate stuff and dh donates to their volunteer appreciation party with gift certificates for free oil changes.

I am feeling so much better.

Supper is started. We are having a cottage roll and I have the carrots in the water and the meat will go in next. If I decide to go out, I can ask dh to toss in the onions and potatoes.

Michael's is having a 55% off coupon today plus I am over 55, so I can ask for my senior's discount AND I have a $25 gift certificate.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:15 pm

So I'm sitting here trying to register and the link to registration can't be posted because they are having an issue with WordPress. :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Norma

Postby Norma » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:23 pm

((((SADIE)))) You are an amazing lady and I salute you. There should be more like you. :)

((((CATHY AND DH )))) - Supporting your local businesses. Good for you. :) Everyone needs to do this.

Happy Weekend to all of you.
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:13 pm

And once they ironed out the details and opened registration I got in! Will be doing a week long genealogy course at the National Archives in D. C. in July. Also d genealogy friend E got in and we can room together to save costs!

Now need to focus on work!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Saturday teacher q.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Teacher q. Nope did not have that kind if experience....... mostly negative experiences I remember.

I have reciently discovered I most have been alergic to chalk dust, wondering how that effected my learning.

A funny story I smile about one friend a brainy one got really bad math grades bc she was reading library book behind her math book not doing math home work.

Smow is mostly melted.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:22 pm

The sun came out!!!! It has been cloudy for days. DH asked me to open the front door (it has full glass storm door) so he could see the sunshine. I went for a 30 minute walk to soak up the sunshine...not really since I was wearing a coat, but just the thought of being in the sunshine was uplifting.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”