Zombie Apocalypse Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Zombie Apocalypse Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:39 am

Are we ready?!?!?!

I'm sure most of us would be happy to be ready for Saturday (and for the keeners amongst us, Sunday) and don't give a hoot about silliness that seems to infect our society.

Yesterday is our history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That's why we call it the present.

How will you be present, alive, engaged, and healthy (or working towards healthy) today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:53 am

Health will be my focus for the day. My ears feel plugged up and I woke up with a touch of a sore throat. The room wasn't too dry so that means I might actually be getting sick.

I'll up my vitamin C and take a B booster in the middle of the day. I've fought this off a couple of times and I don't want to be sick this upcoming week because we have family stuff planned.

I'm waiting for dd to text that she's ready for me to come get her from the clinic. Apparently ultrasound is backed up so it won't be for a while. If I was feeling 100% I'd drive over and wait there but since I might be coming down with something, I'll stay away from a waiting room of women trying to get pregnant.

Ds sent me a link to a house he's looking at getting. It is about 40 minutes from here which makes me sad but he'd never be able to afford to buy in the city. I'll check with MF about the town he's looking at. MF's kids lived there for a bit after their mom split with him plus he worked there, I think. Ottawa Valley towns can have very tough/rough neighbourhoods so while gentrification is happening, it can be slow to arrive to the whole town. That is definitely true where my bosom buddy lives. Parts are really nice now but there's still a roughness that comes when poverty combines with few job opportunities.

The house ds is looking at is totally tiny, old, but apparently updated bathroom and includes appliances. It has a reasonable sized yard. It isn't acreage which makes me happy. It should cost less to carry than his current apartment and I could hold his mortgage completely if necessary. It might be smaller than his current apartment, as well, but has a 150' deep lot (narrow only 31' wide) and so he could build a workshop for himself. No garage (bad here). Gravel driveway (harder to shovel.) View of the river. Our first house was larger but not a single (it was semi detached) and the lot was 29 x 105. So in many ways this is better than our first home. It also only costs $20K more than our first house cost in 1985. That has warning bells going off in my head.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:03 am

And for fun and background material check out the "Zombie Apocalypse" page on Wikopedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_apocalypse

I have three goals for today:

-be sitting at my computer at 12:55 refreshing the screen periodically to try to get registered for a genealogy institute this summer in D. C. There is one class and space limited to maybe 40 people? So I'll be sitting here trying to snag a spot. I have a back up to go somewhere else if I don't get in, but this also includes a day at the DAR libr. and would give me time to see dh's cousins near there.

-work out with M at gym this afternoon

-continue work on research report, to turn in tomorrow. I am getting it fleshed out - I need to transcribe documents that go with it and complete the research portion and organize and label the appendices and cross the ts and dot the "I"s.

Last night dh and I went to services, then out to dinner after with the the rabbi and N. who is a friend of DD and lives with the Rabbi and family. She is a young adult middle school teacher.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:13 am

Good morning ladies,

It is raining a lot here. Warnings keep popping up about flooding. The darkness made me sleep a bit longer than I wanted.

I’ve had breakfast, dgs was starting to awaken but wanted a few minutes to myself. Will get him now, bathe and feed him. I try to bathe him daily as he has a skin problem and doctor said to bathe him daily. Plus all the messiness of overnight for baby, I want him to have a clean start.

Then help Dbrother, squeeze in making my lunch.

Shower and off to work.

Off to the adventures!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:16 am

-breakfast and meds
-get dressed, brush teeth, clean up
-hang up delicates to dry (in washer already)
-walk the dog
-empty dishwasher and reload

Then upstairs to work....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Snowy Saturday Here... endless winter

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:51 am

We are having more snow in our endless winter. I have fed breakfast to animals and I have eaten as well. Waving to all. Have a great one. Might have some sewing in my day.

A M meds have been taken.

Next up
Make bed.
Kitchen duty.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:00 pm

what a great creative beginning :D

Good morning d kathryn, d twins, d sadie, d nancy and everyone!

our hope is to go downtown and then dinner with d family in laws.
wishing you all a great day.

there aren't any dishes to put away bc I did that last night. Yippee kay yay - (old cowboy song I think 8-) )

s2s
throw in a load of laundry
Giving things up to a higher power and looking for wisdom as well as being full of positive energy to support my dh and dd forward. I can do it.

step by step
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:34 pm

Done with that round and heading upstairs to work.

Temp is 72 degrees now going to 78 today. Rain tonight, I think.

I need to keep track of the time and set a timer too.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:48 pm

10:30 and I have managed to clear the noise and activity makers out of our home. DH was not resting with 3 dogs and 2 kids acting & sounding like dogs and kids will do. DS9's dog picked today to FINALLY come inside so there was extra excitement. Sending them all outside to play is problematic because of the downpouring rain we are receiving. Sooooo, I sent the kids to DD home and the dogs were sent to the back yard. DS9 complained that he wanted to stay at home, but I sent him anyway. The 3 dogs will become a muddy mess, but I will deal with that in a few hours. >>>>insert image of fierce guardian of DH while he is healing<<<<<
My goal today is for DH to be able to relax, drift in/out of sleep as needed and give his body time to heal. If DH can just get 48 hours of restful healing accomplished then I think he will be over the worst of it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Awww, Dee. Like you say, someone is probably frustrated with themselves because they didn't think to call, but then another would have still probably been forgotten. This is why events need to be calendared and information shared in inclusive ways. One by one, it's a losing game, and feeds a reputation for cliques, which I hate to say, is the reputation my church has.

I finally broke my favorite little hoe this morning. Sigh. Not the handle as I expected, but at the metal. Have to get dstepson to look at it - he's my metal guy. Have learned, by looking it up, that it is a "two pronged weeder hoe". I just like how narrow and light it is. I would like to see it as a keeper, if only as a hand tool.

Anyway, HRH gave me garden help this a.m. For one thing, he cleared an edge to reveal the pieces of a concrete scalloped border edging he put in place a few years ago. It's been trying to wiggle it's way to China, I think - deeper and deeper, and on it's way to disappearance. Good news is that it has done a good job of keeping back the underground spread of what I call wiregrass, but which I now understand is called couchgrass in lots of other places in the world. I guess I can see that - it's a wire, that weaves itself into a couch! And a pain.

The Graham processional is still at Black Mountain at this point - will be on tv here all day, of course.

Return to “Post When You Can”