Sunrise Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Sunrise Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:27 pm

I am not being a good SHE friend today - I haven't read how your day has gone yet... I am in La La land still and decided I need to focus again.
I think I will have lunch
I already figured out my bwp for the most part and now I have to really look at what I am going to do card wise during the week.
waving to all of you!

went through emails check :D
ordered a new audible book - the great unknown - kristin hannah I will see how it is.

Sunday: looking back at the week
How's that working for you card!

my spending section of cards - was not working as i had it filed it with the day I was in. I put it in another section on its own in back of card file so it didn't get mixed in. I am going to do the same with fitness and ww tab
filling out the same card for spending not working - I just grab a card now and do spending for the one day - I was trying to add up each time I spent many on my charge - now I am waiting until the end of the day.

getting rid of things when others hem and haw (I am not strong yet but I am getting better)

putting stuff by the tv - so at night time I do stuff instead of sitting like a lump on a log - working great.

Still working on: not doing major work without having a simple dinner planned or made ahead of time.

taking time to work out - still struggling just getting there - no reason

changing my routines: much better
morning routine - no longer includes vacuuming the first floor, swiping the toilets
I still swipe the toilets but very superficially
Now it's the kitchen duties, s2s, and a swipe of the bathrooms, laundry one load.

taking time for myself - better
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:58 pm

We have been fighting the Winter blahs here. Sigh. One bright spot taxes were less than last yr under $150 to pay in yea! That is a big relief. Yea us.

I am trying to finish up sewing projects and not start any new ones.

Got the shower out of the way. I picked up living room. And have the kit. Sort of under control. Bs was great this morning. I found a dead mouse in the yard so walked the ddog to the corner to get rid of it. It us very windy today so may wait to do a rock drop br-r .
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:01 pm

I'm a bump on the log today.

Dd had a rough visit because they want her back on Tuesday which had been set aside for a museum trip. All appointments are early morning, during rush hour. Which is doubled if I drive over to her place (opposite end of town) and then she drives back to my end (where the clinic is.) So we spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how Tuesday morning will work.

At the moment, she'll wear the baby and bus to a strip mall by the clinic and I'll meet her there at 8:10 (not sure if dh will be with me.) Her appointment will be about 40 minutes but doesn't start until 8:40. I'll amuse dgs somewhere (to be determined, there's no place to take him at the strip mall) and then we'll all go to the museum (ds will meet us there separately.)

The main problem with this is that she has to carry dgs on her front, all his supplies for the full day on her back in her backpack. And she's worried it will be icy.

After we settled on the poor plan we have, we then headed back to her place. Since we had to go by a Costco, I asked if she needed to stop. She did, and I did, so that worked out well. I had taken a photo of my fridge grocery list on Friday so didn't forget anything. I was pleased.

Came home, had a snack after the stressful driving, watched an episode, did some tidying while my lunch cooked, watched an episode while eating and am now debating whether I should start another episode or do some reconciling or can I do both at once?

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:17 pm

blessed, you could go around to all the neighbors giving it away as if it was zucchini in summer! At least anyone would have to admit you make wholesome mistakes.

Kathryn, I see your dd in shoes with very, very good tread/grip, and all will be well. Hope it's uneventful.

Feeling grateful today. Today I just sat on the one end of a pew, over at the side, nobody's eyes on me. My nerves were calm (ish). I didn't have to be there early. Dd19 did everything. Up, down, sing, hush-its-an-interlude, sing loud, turn, go away now, come back now, squeeze in now for the alto joining one song, then back again. This book, that book. Tough music, too, and she sang out. Once minister surprised with suddenly wanting to do a song as a round, but then asked, how shall we do this? (he has these ideas but he's never prepared.) Dd answered clearly to the back of the room so everyone could hear how it would go - all her decision on spur of moment, but you would never have known. (and her decision? "The women will lead." )

Somehow, still a tension (?) or weather (?) headache, so next up needs to be food.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:02 pm

Harriet - BWTG on your DD19 doing such an awesome job in the worship service.

We stayed home from church today. I had arraigned for someone to teach our class. DH arraigned for someone to help count the money and bring it to him. DGS21 took over DD6 care.

DH slept the whole night without needing to get up and take a pain med (every 4 hours). His voice is sounding stronger this morning. I'm so thankful to see him make good progress each day with healing.

I went for a 2.5-mile walk this morning with Buddy (dog) by my side. He is an excellent walking partner. I clip his leash to my belt loop and he stays right beside me pacing himself to my speed. I started the walk all bundled up wearing a coat, hood, and gloves. It was cold the first 15 minutes but then my body started generating its own heat. By the time I got back home, I had removed everything and used the coat sleeves to tie the coat around my waist.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:08 pm

Hen chores down. Went to the trading post and did a rock drop. The wind is unnerving. I am back in the cave basement feeling safer. My ear was acting up a bit. I am out of sorts. I like to sew in this kind of weather it distracts me from the weather like wind gusts.

This week I was not all that productive. I have hope that next week will not have the grief trigger like last week should help.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:55 pm

In this time period that I've been sick we had a disastrous vote on the pastor who had been our interim -which was a negative vote. Then yesterday we had a 'meet & greet' with a pastor/wife from NJ. (Evidently the search committee had been talking to him for a while). Today he preached and was wholeheartedly 'called' to be our pastor. He asked for time for them to pray about it. Within about a minute and a half his wife, who is absolutely vivacious!, gave him a '2 thumbs up'. Said, "I guess God answers pretty fast!" So now we're on a new road. There seemed to be some confusion at the end of the service when we were supposed to vote. Several members left at the conclusion of the service. I think they just weren't realizing we were supposed to stay and vote. By the time anyone got out to the foyer to tell them they were supposed to stay, most had already reached their cars. At least we still had plenty left to vote. Did have several visitors so it was hard to tell who was member/who was not. At any rate now we start a new chapter. It will be a while before they're able to come down here. Pastor quipped that they'd have to have at least a 'month of garage sale -every day'. He also has loose ends to wrap up. HIs Mom and sister are already down here in Boca Raton.

Dh and I watched the start of the Atlanta race & the next I knew 91 laps had gone by.

DD and dsonil went to the hockey game in Orlando. Dh will go with dd tomorrow (she works as an off ice official). I looked to see how the game was going and saw that Orlando won -over an hour ago. So I expect they'll be home soon.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:25 pm

at first I thought the same thing - I will be seeing friends and one of d sil friend and will go bring gifts (bananas) :D

struggling not to snooze

filled my meds for the week
dh picked up dd's meds
cleaned out my purse
car:
emptied tar jay stuff I didn't do before - all put away
took some garbage out
washed the two front floor pads and they are drying in the house.
I would love to do more but it is cold outside :shock: I don't have the heart to do it when it is chilly
Hid the easter stuff (but ate some chocolate bunny's from fanny m a e ) :o

my card file looks spiffy
ordered some nat ren ho ly trinity (works well for me) but not a cheap product
listed my errands for this week

I want people to help me make dinner bc I feel lazy but once I start i know it will be fun. simple recipe but still feeling horribly lazy.
now to list other spending then recycle receipts
Menu cards put with the day I should make it.

I still have to order d mom's clogs for her http://www.troentorpsclogs.com/?gclid=C ... jGEALw_wcB
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:50 pm

Sigh h is looking at pole barn homes smh. Not what I had on mind ms trying not to be irritated. Wexre going to watch a movie next sipping black coffee.
Heading out to the hen house in a bit, then it will time for h to have the cave.
Wind are still howling out plus it is raining now too.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:53 pm

I buckled down and got the two bank accounts properly reconciled. It was a mess with both of them but the main one was the worst. Found a mistake dh had made and dozens of mistakes that I had made. Fortunately, dh keeps decent records.

I'm still unclear on one thing which I'll look into tomorrow. I have receipts so will have to work from those to figure out what I did at the last minute.

Just got word from the other committee that they want us to move into the apartment on April 6. Uhmmm, no. First: you don't get the keys until sometime that day. Second: you asked that we come in and clean it. Third: it is a Friday so people can't come in the daytime but Saturday we plan to start the move very first thing in the morning. I also explained that we have many volunteers but they will come in waves so the apartment won't be overfull. We can't get 12 people in there moving things all at once, so there's no point in scheduling things that way.

Return to “Post When You Can”