Sunrise Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Sunrise Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:42 am

A sunrise represents the start of a new day. A day full of possibilities.

What possibilities do you see for today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunrise Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:12 am

There was no sunrise at my place today. It went from black to grey cloud.

Regardless, the day is full of possibilities.

I got up at 6:30 after staying in bed as long as I dared after the alarm. I was in bed long enough last night but didn't wake up feeling rested. I can blame watching a disturbing tv show for that. I had very weird dreams all night. The wind also shifted in the night so I had to get up and close the window since it was howling and woke me up.

It took a while to get my computer to download the files I need for today but did that and then packed my breakfast.

I'm at the clinic now with dd. That's why I think of the day as being full of possibilities.

I was to go to church but the bad weather made me decide not to risk it. I just got a text from dh saying church is cancelled so it is a good thing I didn't try and get out there. The drive would have been for naught.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:25 am

Today was a day of steamy sunshine and a few sprinkles.
happenings
washing

church. - skip the next bit suggestion for all those who think others are crazy for their differing beliefs.
rdg - a day for those who want to believe in human sacrifice as it once was done. if you are very literal about it. or not.
A bother for those who follow through with the act and get charged today's world.
Would you believe the caught ram would mean your son could live?
Those were bloodthirsty days.
A sign teachings and rules aren't the same forever?

lift home - but without the time to mingle. I may pass on that.
played with washing multiple loads.
occasional sprinkles of rain to worry my washing.
rewashing - teatowels dropped on the floor.
and mattress protector that came out with dirtier than it started. That confounded my wish to get it in before the rain was forecast to begin.
afternoon nap for a bit.

dd rtnd call. Worked out the detail of a text she sent me this week. one was relayed from a friend, and was a concern to me. communication gone astray.

I will no longer have any excuse re watching tv Winter Olympics.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:29 am

Hi!

Nothing really planned for today.

The wind has really picked up. It is 8C here and raining on and off.

We are having BBQed steak and potatoes for supper tonight.

I want to do the second load of laundry. I have gathered up the towels and face cloths and placemats from around the house and they are in the machine waiting for me to turn on the machine.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:51 am

i wish you all a wonderful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:44 am

Oh my goodness, dh woke me up at 9:30. How did that happen?

I stopped work around 9 p.m. last night - was going to print a draft for proofing but couldn't get printer working from Word. I think there must be an epic battle within my computer between Microsoft and HP and maybe Chrome trying to manage the printer. I got it going just now, I hope. My plan is to print one page at a time for proofing and polishing. It's due today - only one of eight participants has turned in the assignment so far.

I need to get dressed and take the dog out for a walk, too. I've done some of a.m. routine along the way.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:42 pm

No sun here, just wind and clouds.
I am up have fed me & animals, journal entries made.
I need to s2s.
We went to dinner last night, after getting taxes done they have been filed, glad for that progress.

Front part of the house needs attn. This week. Temps will ve in the 40's glad it is going to be warmer this week.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:35 pm

I'm having trouble getting started here....

Ready, set, go!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:06 pm

I got a government check that had me puzzled until I looked at our taxes. I guess I forgot to tell the cpa about the estimated taxes I paid so he didn't include them and the government sent that amount back. I'm surprised he didn't catch that... as I did one with the 941 payroll tax submitted and we were talking about that...

It's my opinion that we made the mistake because when I take everything down to him we don't look at any of it. We look at the return when it is done but I think not enough time is spent before. If we looked at everything together (5 - 10 minutes?) we might have caught that I didn't include the estimated payments.

Sent him an email asking about it. Good thing is I did get the money back.

Now I have a checklist telling what things I should be including in his folder so maybe I'll not ever do this again.

I did not go to church. We need to do something about how DH leaves his truck full of tools and can't take it to sit in the parking lot down there... so he takes the car.... and I don't want to go with him because he makes stops on the way home and is the last one out of church all the time...

I just want to go enjoy the service, and then come home.

I don't know if this will ever be straightened out.

Anyway, I am taking a sabbath today.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:25 pm

i have a funny story about bananas and grocery delivery which I have been using when I don't take the time to go shopping

Last week I ordered what I thought was a bunch of bananas - I got one (I checked but the person picking it made an easy mistake)
So this week I thought if I ordered 6 I would get 6 bananas - I got 6 bunches of bananas :shock: :lol:
dd's are hysterically laughing!
What must the girl have thought bringing me 6 large bunches of bananas!

So the bananas will go in the freezer for smoothies and banana bread 8-) :lol:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”