Sunrise Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Sunrise Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:51 pm

It is simply beautiful weather outside. Bright sunshine & 65 degrees with no wind. It feels so very good after having a yucky week of icy conditions. I just took a peek at our weather for this week and it going to be a great week to spend time outside.

I planned & prep'd food through Tuesday night. MFP has been updated.

I did a LOL to put away and cleaned up the kitchen.

DS9 and 4 neighborhood kids have been playing outside all afternoon. They are going to sleep good tonight.

I spent 30 minutes on the phone with DMom listening to her talk. She tells the same stories over and over. I just listen as if she didn't tell me the same story 5 minutes ago. Overall she is doing awesome. I suspect most 88-year-olds can't do as much as she does.

Tomorrow morning we will be leaving the house early for the Homeschool Coop sign up. They are only taking the first 30 kids. From what I can tell on FB there will are more than that trying to get in. DS9 is not enthused about it. He asked if he HAD to go and I told him that he did. We have never joined any co-ops but I am hoping he will enjoy it. Especially if there are boys his age in the classes. This isn't a drop-off your child type of classes. It requires a parent to stay with the child through the whole 2-hour class each week.

I'm going to try and schedule DS9 archery lessons after the coop lessons each week. It would save 60+ miles of driving if I can get them scheduled back-to-back.

Between closing school because of flu and ice storm, our public school has lost a week of school in February. Us too. I don't try to homeschool when DGD6 is here. Thankfully we were ahead in our curriculum so the lost days doesn't affect us too bad. I don't know how the public schools will make up the lost days.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:47 pm

Winds have calmed down somewhat here. We watched a movie. I have been emotional & feeling glitchy this weekend. Bs spiked I took meds for that and did 30 min. On the exercise bike. Got the hens back in their run.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:49 pm

I've finished the genealogy report and am about to hold my breath and turn it. Only three have been turned in so far, I think mine is far superior.

Ds was here for supper, dh grilled burgers, ds just headed home. He's going to some kind of training in ATL this week for his new job. I am proud of him.

Have done some planning for the next three-four weeks - finishing current Best Self journal, and for this week. I need to go to Nashville to the state library and archives this week. Dh is away Wed - Friday evening also.

Need to get a jump on the week tomorrow for sure!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:24 pm

glad you had nice weather d lady
wonderful on finishing your genealogy report - well done d twins
((d nancy))
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:31 pm

still struggling to push myself - dd older made dinner (I and dd younger are trying to help her learn how to cook some tasty but easy meals - it's really cool bc she now wants to learn and she feels she can gain confidence in cooking if she practices). It was a lot of fun!

emptied dw and refilled from dinner prep
the girls were sitting chatting away with each other at the kitchen table and I just decided to listen and do the dishes and evening kitchen clean up . It was fun to hear them giggling. and I was able to pipe in once in a while :D It reminded me of when they were younger. (when they weren't arguing with each other 8-) )
I cleaned up dishes, swiped the stove - I will really wash it tomorrow when it's light out and everything shows. floor surface vacuumed, swiffer dusted floor and rinsed with swiffer wet floor wipes.
finished thank you note and it is gone!

I did push myself through it even though I didn't want to do it!

found a recipe for mushroom bourguignon (instead of meat) that I thought might be interesting this week.

tried ordering my d mom's clogs and my charge thought it was being stolen and wouldn't let me place the order even though I have ordered through this site before for d mom. Now I have to make sure that an order went through or not.

emptied dw
put away hand washed dishes
shined sink
dh put towel in the washer
I folded laundry - still have to put it away
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:46 am

AAAAUGGGGGH!!! Just lost a post b/c I wasn't thinking! Trying to close out the s hutterfly window, closed this one instead. :roll:

I'm kinda depressing today anyway, so y'all may want to just read J&C and pray for me.
The sun must have been there somewhere today, but it has been cloudy and raining all day. That was okay with me, b/c I wanted to nap all afternoon anyway. We made it to church and back between showers but it was messy taking the garbage to the road and getting in and out of Wmart.

And there have been good things for the day --
:arrow: DGS completely dressed himself * except for socks and shoes * for the first time here at our house (I know, he should have been doing this for a long while, but you know how I am, I want to "help" b/c I'm in a rush on Sundays and it takes him a lot longer.) I had to do the socks and shoes b/c (he said) "I don't actually like to touch socks." (And dh thinks ddil shouldn't accept the autism label???)
:arrow: No upsetting remarks from sermon today
:arrow: Dishwasher is empty, kitchen is clean, groceries are put away
:arrow: Got photos uploaded to S hutterfly and ordered, so I'm not letting that get away from me like it has in the past
:arrow: No one in my family is in the hospital tonight

On the other hand...
:arrow: dmom is not feeling well, I may have to accompany her back to the doctor tomorrow, and I'm just really anxious about her condition right now
:arrow: DH has not felt well since his ballgame trip Wednesday, and he's beginning to feel a little depressed and concerned that his heart ISN'T doing as well as he thought (but the ablation is still working -- no racing heartbeat, just tired and weak)
:arrow: both dgrands will be here overnight Wed. and probably all day and into the evening Thurs... (and dgd does NOT sleep well away from her home!)
:arrow: we are expecting * hoping * the new SUV will be in this week and that will be an all day thing, with insurance, tags, getting old SUV to dfriend...
:arrow: and I need to make an appt with the allergist b/c now they will not mail new vials of serum but insist you take your first shot in office.
For once, I am REALLY looking forward to college town this weekend. :!:

Tomorrow, I have to make at least two, maybe three phone calls re: dmom's rehab plans. And I have to call allergy doctor for myself, although I think I will put that appt off till next week.
Then I have to go to two different drug stores, then to dmom's house, and possibly to doctor with her & get her supper for her.

Tuesday we have to go to another funeral visitation, wife of one of dh's friends. Neither of us knew her very well, but the husband is a golfing buddy of dh's and we really need to pay our respects.

Wednesday/Thursday -- as above. I should have most of the day free, though, unless dmom needs me or the SUV has to be picked up that day.
AND as noted below -- Thursday is dmom's birthday.

Friday/Saturday -- College Town.

And I have totally ignored all cards/routines the past week, so those things need attention as well. Plus, I need to color my hair. AND I really have to get back into exercise routine. I'm losing ground (and gaining pounds, I fear) and all I want to do is eat.

Y'all, I'm sorry. I am contributing very little to this thread lately -- seems like I just come here to complain and whine -- but I am sooo thankful y'all are here. I know it won't be like this for long. We all go through ups and downs, and dmom will feel better another day and we'll get through this surgery and eventually get her back on her feet (without pain). I hope. I type that and then I think... and then it will be something else... and then something else. It's just so frustrating. I guess I should go watch something on TV and exercise. If I can't do 15 minutes, maybe I can do 10. Or 5. I will do SOMETHING and try to get my head together better before I post again.

~~~~~
EEEEEEK!!!! I just remembered! Thursday is dmom's birthday!!! I have to find some time to go shopping, and will probably have to go to Next Town, to get her gift! And what will she want to do Thursday, feeling like she has lately? That is all up in the air too... Oh. My. Goodness. Editing above to put that in too...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”