Monday Fresh Start

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Monday Fresh Start

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:45 am

Are you fresh? ish?

(fresh as in fresh-as-a-daisy, or not being rotten, or, maybe, ;) with an attitude?)

Are you starting?

(you know... .. ready... set... going somewhere? getting something DONE?)

Meet any of those definitions?

:D

Great, thennnnnn... .. they're off!

Harriet

Re: Monday Fresh Start

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:55 am

This morning I am not rotten and going somewhere, being dragged along by a child with a deadline. We must go by the bank to make a deposit for her (she left a check here last time she was home, resulting in needing to borrow from us), go by Michaels, get her to class on time. This is always my "penance" for having her here on Sun morning, which is such a blessing. :lol: My Monday morning is spent shushting around.

It's okay, in a way. It's not yet close enough to the coming houseguests weekend to have me frantic. That'll come, that'll come.

Twins' Mom, you don't have to be the least bit modest here. Just go ahead and say you are at the top of the class, since we already knew you would be!

Sunny, how did your family enjoy the Games?

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:05 am

Ready, set, go, uhh where is it I was going? I know there's things to be done and I need to be doing them. But, I'm not sure where I need to start. Things are falling a little bit in disarray but not bad. I do need to start packing for dh's trip up north a week from Thursday. He doesn't need much for the 5 days he'll be there, but he's allowed 2 checked bags. So, we figure we might as well pack some things he won't be using here but needs up there. He'll only have 12 days here after he comes back, before he heads north the 25th. This winter has whizzed by -other than the dragging on of the 2 months I've been sick.

I really liked the pastor we voted on yesterday.

Dh has gone to pick up tickets for the Detroit Tigers/Tampa Bay Rays baseball game for Saturday. DS-A's financial 'person' is coming down Thursday for a few days. He wanted to get together with dh last year but it just didn't work out. He wanted to buy the tickets and pay around $15. Ha!!! Think they're starting around $40.

This is going to be a busy week. Today I have to take dh up to dd's school to meet her so they can go to the Orlando hockey game. Actually we're going to meet across 27 at A pplebee's for dinner before they go. Tomorrow we have to go to church for Willing Workers to finish packing the rolled bandages for the Congo. Dh will take them to New Windsor, MD on his way home in March. Not sure about Wednesday. Thursday I need to take him to DD to help with setting up for their CO2 cars race on Friday. And for another hockey game. Friday he'll go to school with her and be there to help her all day. The principal came to her the other day and told her he wanted her to get a sub for her classes on Friday. It will surely make things easier for her. Think he's doing all he can to keep her there. Though he says the high school she's applied to (and they've been 'courting' her) is the one he left as a principal. He also told her it would be a 'good fit' for her and he wouldn't hold her back.

We bought an ironing pad for the top of the washer last week. DD told me to go ahead and use it. Don't need to iron often, but avoid it as the ironing board/iron were in their bedroom. Once in a while I need to press off a few wrinkles. Dh finally plugged in the iron for me as I'm too short to reach the plug.

How I'd love to spend that ride with you and dd19, Harriet. She is special in my book!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:23 am

I actually enjoy any trip that includes the words "art supply", Dee! She and I need to be on a deadline when we enter one of those. She has her mother's problem of seeing way too much potential in everything.

Cathy, yes, I did find a coupon, too! Thanks for using that word the other day about your trip because that reminded me to see about one. I assumed I would print it, but no, dd says, she just puts it on her phone, so why am I bothering. I live in a dinosaur world.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:37 am

I assumed I would print it, but no, dd says, she just puts it on her phone,
Often encounter that same thing with dd, Harriet. I always find it amazing the things she comes up with on her phone. But then, she does teach technology/engineering. I should be amazed?

I'm home alone at least for a little bit. I should get busy and do something worthwhile, right? This 'thing' seems to be more in my head this morning and thus a little bit tipsy.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:40 am

I'm up. I'm not feeling fresh, not sure why.

Bed is remade with fresh sheets and the washer is done.

I've unloaded the dishwasher and then sort-of crashed. For the last hour or more, I've accomplished nothing.

I hear sirens all the time, but missed hearing them respond to this stabbing at my local grocery store.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/sp ... -1.4551578

A national newspaper has managed to omit the fact that 2 people were injured, one seriously enough to be sent to the trauma unit and instead are saying this is the police shooting a man who was reportedly armed. Yes, that is true, but not only was he armed, he had already used deadly force on someone which, to my mind, increases the threat the man posed to both police and other people on the street (this is a neighbourhood where people walk everywhere.)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:46 am

Re: phone coupons and research.

I carry paper coupons in my purse but if I'm going anywhere (or ordering online anywhere) I always search for a coupon before entering the store or chain restaurant. Data costs me money on my phone, but I save far more.

I also use a shopping app called Flipp (I'm not sure if it works in the US as well.) It has all the flyers but also allows you to search for items on sale. One of my grocery stores price-matches so while I'm in line, I turn on data and search for any item in my cart that I added that wasn't on my list (my list is also in Flipp so I already know the best prices on those items.) That way, I know I'm getting the best price I can for my groceries.

Finally, I use the GasBuddy app before filling my car with gas. Around here, it is common for prices to be 20 cents a gallon or more different so a quick search will show me if there are any deals to be had where I am, or along my route, or slightly off my route. It may only save me $1 or so but that adds up over the year to enough money for two meals out at a chain restaurant (using a coupon from there, of course!)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:00 am

I am having a fresh-ish start. I think I am more like creeping charlie still but can't wait to b fresh as a daisy!
We have to leave here at 11 am so I best get up and going. Getting timer on! pull cards

hi d harriet thank you wake up this daisy and starting us! I love a fresh start especially on a Monday. Have a great day. hope you enjoy your time with your dd this morning shushing from place to place.

She has her mother's problem of seeing way too much potential in everything
. that is dd younger and I - dd older keeps saying think big whittle down from Modern Family

hi d kathryn
great- sheets being washed and put on agin have a great day. How scary (news story)

hi d dee I too have the same thing with my dd's regarding the phone. I like having an extra copy (just in case) dd older years ago lost everything on her phone (hadn't backed it up) and I cloud was not a thing really. Enjoy your morning! I am so happy you like the Pastor
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:22 am

OK, learning how to use Slack now. It showed up on one of my podcasts as a productivity tool and then dh mentioned he was using it for a project and so now we have a family one (and I assume will invite the kids to join) so we can keep all correspondence about an event in one spot. The key, of course, is getting everyone to join. We can do something similar with Facebook events but dh isn't on facebook so that doesn't work.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:41 am

Yes, a fresh start! I'm glad I finished and turned in the assignment yesterday and felt I did it well. The participants in the study group obviously have different reasons for taking it - some I think are "phoning it in" maybe because they're too busy or feel they know these things already. I'm using it as prep for the portfolio so am doing assignments to "portfolio quality" as much as possible. One gal - the same one who really didn't do the Nov assignment well - hasn't turned hers in at all this month. We are still at full strength - we started with eight. Dfriend E's group, which started with seven, I think, is down to four participants now.

Just send message to M about workouts this week. I need a day trip to state archives in Nashville and want to carve out workout time too.

Right now:
-walk dog
-s2s
-reboot laundry
-make the bed
-write ck, address envelope for check to complete registration for Washington DC institute. (I got it! I got in!)

I already knew to ck M ichaels/HobLob coupons on my phone. At one point I'd go and then realize I didn't bring coupons, but I don't need them anymore!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”