taking the first step tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: taking the first step tuesday

Postby BookSaver » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:23 pm

Hello, villagers ~
Today is errand day, my only chance this week because I'm covering coworker's hours while she is out of state for a family emergency. I'm almost ready to run out the door.

Today's weather forecast is sunny and warm, perfect for driving and getting in and out of the car carrying shopping bags.

When I get home, I want to spend some time outdoors tidying the yard. Almost all of the snow will have melted away by then (only temporarily, because more ice and snow are on the way tomorrow and Thursday). I want to pick up the litter that was hiding out there under the snow.

It just occurred to me that I might be signed up for a free online class tonight. I'd better check on that start time.

I hope you're all having a good day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Home again having lunch. Am working out at 4 with M at the Y.

Got mother's glasses fixed for the moment until they're broken again, and got her scheduled for eye ck with opthamologist on Monday afternoon. I'll need to make arrangements to go to a different online discussion - mine is the first Monday of the month at 4 p.m. so I'm pretty sure I'll still be out with dmom at 4 p.m. I am worried that she's had a "bleed" and the macular degeneration is much worse. She's only had the dry kind so far, which is better. It's hard to tell whether her eyesight is affecting my appraisal of her dementia. And I visited with her for awhile.

Also got to the post office and spent the time waiting for the glasses walking through H ome G oods and M ichaels.

I am going to work on a list of ideas I have for the portfolio case study and the kinship determination report and write down what research/finding would have to happen to make that a viable case study or KDP.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:56 pm

I just interviewed DS9 "friend" on an xbox game. This is a "friend" that he met online. I have listened to them playing online together and it seemed okay. DS9 has been instructed to only give his first name and the state where he lives. But after playing together a week, DS9 also told the "friend" that he was 9 years old and is homeschooled. The "friend" told DS9 that he was also 9 years old and homeschooled. That was too big of a coincidence for me to believe. So I put the headphones w/microphone on and interviewed the "friend". I asked what are you studying in Math? His answer "Well, it is complicated". Bigger Warning Bells went off in my gut at that answer. I asked again. What are you studying in Math? Same answer. I told him that I don't believe he is a 9 year old in the 4th grade if he could not answer my question about Math. He said that I could talk to his Mom. I know it is easy to change the tone/pitch of the voice and make it sound like someone else so I vetoed that. This "friend" is now blocked. The internet is full of nice people but it is also full of some creeps. I think DS9 "friend" falls into the creep category. This experience prompted me to do something I should have already done. I put another layer of protection on DS9 account.

This morning Homeschool lessons went amazing. Homeschooling would be an absolute breeze if every day went like today.

next up -
*** plan and package tomorrow's meals
** Do my OA homework and post it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:12 pm

Good job scheduling your errands, BookSaver.

I had to be sidetracked to get some papers ready for appt. Frustrating because it's been like reinventing the wheel.

I was thinking... ...this is not getting the house cleaned.

Some decluttering happened with papers because of that and I did find the folder and large envelope I was looking for a month ago. Sigh. Those are correctly filed and copies made.

and still ... ...this is not getting the house cleaned.

Good lunch.

General kitchen spiffing finally and headed for bathrooms. But less than an hour before I need to be on the road. I need to be two people. ToddlerC comes Thursday a.m., so time grows short.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:16 pm

So very thankful that you followed your instincts LadyM and have blocked this creep. There are so many creeps out there waiting and preying on innocent victims. You are computer savvy and know how to add the extra layer of protection. You are such a blessing to your DS9.

I have a friend that her dh who is mid 70's believes that the internet is the root of all evil. Period.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:31 pm

I'll post first, then cuop.

Long day with dgs but fun. "Nana" now means Grandpa too (just like Daddy and Mommy means either parent, the one at hand and the other one.)

He ate a huge breakfast. A whole banana, a few cheerios (before our meals came), 1/2 piece of toast, whole sausage, roughly half my 2 eggs scrambled, at least half my hash browns and it was a large serving.

He was starving when we got him and was eating the banana as fast as I could cut up pieces for him. He was signing for more and when I didn't cut fast enough, he'd sign more frequently and then broadly, so dh told him he didn't have to yell! He was certainly going for emphasis!

Ds finished eating first so picked up is sister.

Her appointment went well which means there's another one Thursday and possibly Friday or Saturday will be the big one. This is the most involved dh and I have been in the process (although we did the driving after IVF and also when dgs was conceived) so we aren't used to not being hopeful. Both of us feel she'll get pregnant this round and that's based on nothing. It took 7 times this method plus two unsuccessful rounds of IVF before she got dgs. I just keep thinking her body knows what to do this time.

We got to the museum just an hour after opening and didn't get to see it all before it was time for dh to leave. We had a nice lunch together. Dgs was starving and didn't believe dh that we were getting food so finally he pushed the high chair over (it was on wheels) so he could see us buying food! Apparently he had been both signing and saying his word for food, again with increasing emphasis.

We just had a lovely day together as a family. This was the kids birthday present to dh and it really was a wonderful time. Dgs was very engaged with his surroundings even if he didn't understand a thing he was seeing. There was a toddler area but we missed it by accident so he was on his own amusing himself by exploring his surroundings. I walked him most of the time because I wanted him engaged, not just looking out from the stroller.

I'm completely exhausted now. My pedometer reads just 3200 steps but I feel like I've walked 10K!

I'm having decaf tea and sitting with my legs elevated. I'm texting with ds about the house. We'll go see it tomorrow or the next day. He's working tonight so it would be late tomorrow.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:36 pm

no not a good sign - this happened to a friend of dd olders and it turned out to be a 40 year old man who told the mom (i was friends with) on the phone - when she found out he was calling her that he could do what ever he wanted and couldn't stop her talking to him. She called the police and her dd at first thought he was friendly - but her folks helped her through that.
thinking an adult should be in the room any time he plays on the game.not to be watching him - you are just somewhere in the room where you can see his typing and the typing of others.I don't think it would be a problem asking authorities about this character. Contact the game as well with the person's name.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:41 pm

<shudder> LadyM's story is upsetting. I can't imagine raising kids in this connected world. I have a hard enough time patrolling my own behaviour and reactions to people on the internet.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:49 pm

blessed, this depends - are we going up or down the stairs? :D I want to see plenty when headed down!
:lol: - d harriet you really do light up my day!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:59 pm

hello all
dr. appointment done for dd

had lunch out with dd - she had onion soup and for dessert profiteroles rolls https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food ... eam-241770 (pate choux shells, vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce) and I had veggie rolls in soybean paper with chipotle sauce (little bit on side) and a touch of pesto on plate - really good (it's an appetizer but I had it for lunch) and 1/2 of strawberry shortcake. (I shouldn't have had the dessert :shock: ) I think I will gain 10 pounds this week ;)

she is taking the dogs for a walk (beautiful sunshine) and warm for here. :D
It's 3 already :o How does that happen.
I am going to take a break and then get to work again.

Return to “Post When You Can”