Wednesday What are you asking for?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Wednesday What are you asking for?

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:06 pm

I don't care if any of you read this but I especially want to share with Twins -- something about what ds has found on ancestry -- but I want to put it in members only.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:59 pm

On the treadmill now. Not as exhausted as last night but still holding on most of the time.

We had a wonderful visit with W and R. She has had 6 weeks of ESL and is so easy to talk with now. She was afraid to speak before. Now she reaches out to touch me to make points. She starts at the fertility clinic in April. I've offered her rides when the medical person can't make it.

DH and I went out for dinner and so there are no dishes to clean up since I did them when I was cleaning the kitchen.

I'm to go to dd's to babysit tomorrow morning. Tomorrow night is the theatre. So lots of activities tomorrow.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:06 pm

I'm going to push off the trip to the library in Nashville until Friday. It has been pouring rain all day, and it's likely to pour all day tomorrow too. And if I go on Friday, at least dcleaning lady is here with the ddog for a while in the a.m. so she won't be so alone...

And I'm tired. Two workouts in two days plus tai chi tonight.

I'm having a glass of wine in honor of Purim (they're reading the megillah at the temple,)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:04 pm

I'm off to bed now. My computer was acting up so I checked for updates (none) and then downloaded the latest version of my anti-virus, rebooted, scanned and all's good. I have recently added the Slack app to the computer and it might be causing issues running in the background although the issue might still be dropbox. Something to keep an eye on. I also installed my tax prep software today so will start in on baby-stepping my way through the taxes. They can't be submitted until the middle of April because there are some investments that have a March 31 deadline for sending out forms. But I can do things like salary, medical and charity and enter the receipts I have already.

Tomorrow is another month.

I just realized I don't have the theatre tomorrow but on Friday. So just babysitting tomorrow, then checking out the house ds is looking at on Friday morning and theatre in the evening. Saturday will probably be another day for babysitting and that will be a longer time. We'll know more tomorrow.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:20 pm

Ouchie, my feet hurt, but it was a good day.

I am grateful that the expected rain/snow mix did not appear. Might still show up tomorrow, but today was very nice outside.

First thing this morning I packed what I needed for the day in tote bags and drove up to have breakfast with DMom and 2 DSisters. By coincidence, we chose a restaurant where oldest DNephew recently started working in the kitchen and none of had heard that he'd gotten a job there. He surprised us by paying for all of our breakfasts, which was very sweet.

Then, because DMom mentioned being concerned because she hadn't had the energy to vacuum for awhile, the 3 of us girls went home with her and spent an hour spiffing up her apartment. It was not at all dirty, just a little bit dusty, but DMom was concerned that the apartment manager might stop by and think she wasn't taking care of the place. I think she probably has the cleanest apartment in the whole building, even with a little dust. Nevertheless, it made her feel much better to have her spring cleaning done, and we girls were very happy to do it.

I only stopped at home long enough to feed the calico cat her lunch, and then I went on to work my 1st extra shift of the week. We were quite busy and even had 3 families come waltzing in at almost closing time. :|

I just realized that something I planned to wear to work tomorrow is probably in the laundry hamper. I'd best go throw a load of clothes into the washer.

I'm also going to trade my shoes for comfy slippers. And refill my water glass. Hydrate, hydrate! :)

Return to “Post When You Can”