Wednesday What are you asking for?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wednesday What are you asking for?

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:21 pm

huzzah d harriet! d lady! d nancy! d everyone!

used to express approval or delight; hurrah. I am delighted for you all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Huzzah, indeed

Okay, after an hour what I've done on the "15 MORE minutes" with timer

15 minutes on LR - ☑
15 minutes on DR - ☑
...rang right in middle of small project - left anyway
15 minutes on Kit - ☑
...rang right in middle of small project i couldn't stop

So, took the rest of the hour to finish those two little bits
Now sitting :)

Next up
15 computer time while my hip/leg calms down
Then
15 minutes on MB
15 minutes on MBath

I figure if I do this through the night, and hire somebody fresh to take care of dtoddlerC, the house will be ready for the weekend. :lol:

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Oh my... I'm right there with you re: wanting fitness but being unwilling to do the work, blessed! And as Kathryn said, logging food/etc is so time-consuming. I know it helps me to log my food into the fitbit app, but it is so hard to keep it up consistently.

Also wanted to say, good for you, LadyM, nipping it in the bud re: that questionable gaming "friend" of ds9's.
Such a scary world we're in now. I worry about dgrands b/c they are so attached to their tablets -- but they don't do any online games or anything yet. "Screen addiction" is the only concern at this age. Of course, I'm working on weaning myself from that, too.

Yesterday was just crazy...
* funeral visitation
* mall, for dmom's bday gift
* Krispy Kreme donuts b/c I had a craving
* accountant's office (have to pay over $2000 to IRS)
* dmom's (See J&C... more craziness)
* dfriend's to drop off some books and let them make sure they want to buy our SUV -- when and if our new one ever arrives! Been 2 months, promised in "4-6 weeks..."
* Wmart to return photo albums and get new ones
* home
* drug store
* home

I did manage to "walk away the pounds" before bedtime.

Today -- I may have trouble doing that unless I make it a priority BEFORE 3:00. Dgrands will arrive then and it will be a rush to eat supper before church. Then after church, bath time, get them both to sleep... and tomorrow, take dgs to school, keep dgd all day while ds/ddil go to Next Town for her to get tubes tied.

Also need to focus on cards... long neglected cards...

AND need to update my spreadsheet w/dmom's meds.

WAVING to ALL!!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:58 pm

Laundry is going.
Steps are cleared off tossed 2 bags of heavy items journals, I have two more to go next week. Yea for progress!
Fetched & sorted mail.
Did a monthly revIew.
Lunch Is done.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:30 pm

I've been working on pupa all over the house. Kitchen is better. I got a pinecone outside and hot glued it to the wreath where one was missing. Had to do that twice because 1st time it didn't stick well. I took my darkest red fingernail polish (I use that on my toe nails!) and painted all the holly berries. They look new again.

Brought in my other wreaths from the garage. Washed all the containers and took them all out. They are all over 10 years old, the pine cone one is about 15. I threw away all the silk flowers on the summer one because the plastic stems were brittle and it was falling apart. I put the spring one with colored bird eggs all over on the door outside. Nice to have that all wiped down and organized again. I need to remake the one for the summer.

Washing towels. I have had to rebalance the load a few times.

Watching twc about all the floods. Wow.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:37 pm

Vacuuming and mopping are done, weekly kitchen chores are done and two loads of laundry are almost done.

So there's progress around here at last.

I will work on the paperwork piles for a few minutes. We need to leave in under an hour to go visit W & R.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:06 pm

Re-did dmom's med spreadsheet. Need to call her and ask about a med prescribed by neurologist -- does she need refills on it? (It says no refill -- it's Tylenol w/codeine. Probably best not to refill but she will have to say.)

Emailed spreadsheet to dbro.

Sent a belated "thank you" text to dbil's girlfriend, thanking her for dinner & hospitality last week at dbil's birthday dinner.

Helped dh with laundry a bit.

Dgrands will be here momentarily. I never did exercise. Maybe after they go to sleep?
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:17 pm

I've changed the laundry over, did three min. Pupa in the sewing zone. I walked w ddog. Have the last load in the washer now. Pressed fabric and cleared out more scraps. Did more counter work in the sewing zone, decluttered sorted one box.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:56 pm

I'm just now checking in with the village. Dh left this morning to be away until Friday and I've been lollygagging about. Well, I was until almost 3 p.m. when dfriend M checked in about going to the Y. She had planned to take R uby on a long walk this afternoon but the rain is coming down, so I went to the Y with her. That's two workouts this week. :D I'll try to get there on Friday too. Thank goodness M is still going and is encouraging me. Otherwise this:

I noticed that I want fitness but don't work at it
I have to make that a step by step program for me.

I did okay until I went to SLC, then came home and got sick, and only got there once between SLC and the trip to Vegas. Also didn't get there at all last week.

I'm going to the state capital library and archives tomorrow, driving in the rain. I need to do some prep, printing out a list of the county I'm looking in, and figuring out the films I need.

Elizabeth, KDP is Kinship Determination Project: "narrative genealogy, narrative lineage, or narrative pedigree that documents and explains linkages among individuals through three ancestral generations."

I have tai chi tonight. I'm going to watch the videos and practice a little. I need to s2s but I'm so chilled I probably won't. (I need a holding the nose icon here - hope I'm not stinkin')
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:47 pm

Waving from a warm, sunny, 28C/82F fist morning of autumn.
I've written up my pages for march in Bujo.
remembered to go sit in the garden, just sit and attempt to meditate.
Picked up, broke to bin size, and binned some sticks. I needed to lever some within a shrubs multi trunks.
breakfast is eaten. I added my lunch time omega seeds so that is done.

Washing is ready to go out.
Appointment is at lunchtime.
Perhaps I'll have an outing afterwards.

Must keep moving. poof.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”