Wednesday What are you asking for?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Wednesday What are you asking for?

Postby Harmony » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:48 am

Mid 70's would be wonderful. We have our A/C on right now because of the high temps. DH came out a couple weeks ago and asked me why he was hearing the a/c motor going. You want to roast? I don't! Then he realized yep it really was that warm. If we get above 80° in the house I can't stand it. I have had to put on the overhead fan at night to sleep a couple times.

Yesterday it was so lovely outside, just right and a small breeze. If only it would stay that way longer.

I need to do some pupa around here. I've already sorted the battery box and put likes together and tucked that box away in its spot. DH gets it out all the time but he never puts it away. Kitchen counter mess.

He is currently rebuilding an air tool (nail gun of some sort) on the kitchen table but he didn't turn back the tablecloth that I put there. He does put an old throw rug down to work on top of, but still, I am annoyed.

So, what am I asking for? Less stress. Need to think just how I get that in the midst of all this work.

BWTG Lady M for keeping DS safe. Kids are so trusting. I hate that things are so dangerous these days.

I get a lot of spam calls on my cell phone and I never answer them. A couple days ago I was looking up a person I know and found my cell phone number on a website for reporting neighbors. I was the neighbor and my cell phone was listed. No way to take it off. I don't give that number out except for relatives and close friends.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:14 pm

I put my shoes, rings, earrings and lipstick on in order to take on the day. Pulled out the vacuum, mop and pail, and my bullet journal. I had bought an extra bottle of vinegar so put that in the broom closet, along with an extra bottle of dish detergent. Now I can fill the bucket with water/vinegar/detergent in that room, and not be moving back and forth. Hopefully, one less obstacle to getting to the mopping.

Started a load of laundry and lined up the next one.

Next up, list my action items for the day and then go do them. I'm too fully distracted today. Killed a fly because it was flying against the window, distracting me.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:20 pm

I don't have a hair appointment after all. the sweet young woman, who does my hair, is sick.
what is that saying about another door opening - it's better that I am home for dd and for the house. Today she has another drs. appointment. be there for dd if she needs - she is very fragile right now. The other day she couldn't read the plaques at the art institute. it wasn't her eye sight it was just jumbled.

So sorry you had that happen d harmony- my eye dr.'s number is listed as a spammer as well.
hope you are having a great day. stay cool!

hi d kathryn - bwtg on fitness! I have to follow your lead!

hi d elizabeth good for you on having fun with balancing equations... I always love when learning is fun! lol on bra - d cats????
It is dangerous to walk through Michaels. Things jump into your hands and drag you to the cash register.
Me too!

putting things off won't work. pull the morning cards even though it is 10:19 :o ;)

trying to 3 the three layer cake thinking of fly lady kat today: routines, bwp, zones

3 x 5's pulled for today cards on table.
meds taken

Morning routine:
s2s :D
kitchen
what's for dinner - I know but haven't prepped
load of laundry started washed :D
dejunked emails :D
did not read paper :arrow:
went through magazines and recycled :D
wrote down my spending for today and last three days -recycled receipts :D

Next check out the talks from art inst and see if I would be interested in anything
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi everyone!

I feel like I have had a productive morning. It helped that I had a Dr. appointment for a B 12 shot at 8:30, so I had to get up and get going. While I was out, I went to the drug store. They had 4 packs of Greek yogurt for 99 cents. They also expire tomorrow, so I only bought 1. I also went to the bank and updated my bank book. I was still home before 9 a.m.

I started the day with healthy food as well. 1 strawberry Greek yogurt before I went out and 1 black cherry Greek yogurt when I came home. Dh came home for lunch and I had salami on a sesame seed bagel. Supper tonight is Shepherd's Pie.

I also brought in enough wood to fill the cedar chest that we use for a wood box in the living room. We are expecting bad weather with today being a lot colder than yesterday and very windy. Tonight is supposed to be rain becoming freezing rain becoming snow over night with the possibility of 6 inches at least.

I was going to put my car in the garage, but I would have to move the snow blower and the ATV and I really didn't feel like it. Dh said he would do that later.

Off to have a shower and wash my hair.

I also started Vitamin A, C and D yesterday. Let's see how long I can keep that up.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:44 pm

my mail started to build up - so I went through it, paid a bill, wrote a card, wrote a thank you card and listed the spending so far today. dh bought me gas and picked up meds for dd younger. (fingers crossed for dd younger)

I haven't finished my morning routine yet
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:45 pm

hi d cathy - stay safe with that weather! yay on your productive morning and healthy eating!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:55 pm

I change my routine and did a store run early done by 8 yea me but I am wanting lunch early.... sigh.. speaking of steps I need to get a stack of old journals up the steps and tossed. It is half way up.

Got food put away. Went today because Thurs. Will be better for yd. Work and warmer. Now I need to get back into my Wed. Swing of things.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:36 pm

Another successful homeschool day. It is actually kinda enjoyable. I have lessons organized where DS9 is working alone then we do a lesson together. Ditto on alternating between an online lesson and paper worksheets. I can get the paper lessons graded while he is doing an online lesson (they grade themselves) so when homeschool time is over I'm done too.

today's schedule -
• 6:30am Toolbox
• 7:30am phone meeting
• 7:45am Bible Study
• 8:00am Math
• 9:00 am English
• 10:00 Reading
• 11:00 History/Science
• Noon- Lunch
• 1:00pm House Chores
* 2:00pm Walk until meet step goal
• 3:45 DGD6 from school
• 4:30 pick up chicken & potatoes
• 5:00pmm Prep meal for the church family
• 6:00 phone meeting (I'll eat my dinner while on this meeting) Thankful for mute capabilities so no one will hear me chewing.
• 7:00 Worship with the church family

This is going to put DGD6 and DS9 late getting into bed. But I'm going to break their bedtime because I don't want drive separately and bring them home earlier. I don't want DH alone so he has the option to take a pain med if needed. I definitely don't want him on pain meds and driving at night!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:44 pm

borrowing the "15 minutes on" thing from blessed, although these are "15 MORE minutes" since I've been scooting all day.

15 minutes on LR
15 minutes on DR
15 minutes on Kit
15 minutes on MB
15 minutes on MBath

and take a break

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:20 pm

finally: Morning routine done :D :D :D
shined sink, counters, stove top, but kitchen table is cluttered with books etc.
swiped front of fridge
Paperwork was part of the routine that I hadn't planned for but I knew if I waited until Sunday (normal day) it would burden me.
got cash for d nieces b day present - when they hit a certain age we give a little bit of cash and when they hit a certain age then it is only a card.

took hand written cards (had jotted down) and typed them onto 3 x 5s so it is nice and neat!

dw is washing again. (how is that possible)

next part of dinner routine - prep
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”