Marching Forward

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Marching Forward

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:56 pm

marching forward:
get off my franny and pull morning cards.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:49 pm

Just received my 2nd perfect haircut in a row from dgd21. We have finally found the perfect length. It grew so fast that I just did 4 weeks between cuts. So I have rescheduled for 4 weeks from today. Right after she cut my hair last time, she found an opening at a nice downtown salon. She had been working at a chain salon. Last Saturday was her first day. She just pays monthly for her chair and for her supplies. Everything else is hers. Everyone seemed really friendly, there are 9 stylists.

I usually start buying nectarines from Sam's in May. Early February I found nectarines there, that were from Chile. They were really good and I have already bought 4 bags. Yes, I am a fruit-oholic. They also had honeydew melons from somewhere that were really good.

I need to continue cleaning today. I am behind to say the least, although dgd6 thinks my house is always clean.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:05 pm

how wonderful d lilac - you look beautiful in your new haircut.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:09 pm

dressed, dd younger is off to exercise class (glad to see her doing this)
emptied dw
recycled stuff
wiped counters,
morning routine done

loosing focus so getting timer.

now for dinner routine prep
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:13 pm

-Straighten MBR and bath
-finish clearing kitchen counters
-start a lol
-put Goodwill stuff in my car to drop off later
-water plants

I'm having trouble getting focused today.

From bw2:
marching forward:
get off my franny
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Home from babysitting and have had my lunch. Ds and I are scrambling to figure out if we need to put into money into his retirement savings account today (deadline for last tax year) so he can use it to buy the house. I think it won't work since it needs to be there 90 days before it can be withdrawn as a down payment. We don't know how long it will be before purchasing the house (we go see it tomorrow.)

Ideally, if this wasn't suitable he'd stop looking now, put the money in the account and then start looking after 90 days but that means the tax benefit falls next year rather than this year. If he buys a house without using this benefit, he loses out on ever being able to do this. So it is an important decision. We are waffling back and forth. It also means I have to find the money today which would be tricky.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:48 pm

???
How do you keep your own energy up when others don't have goals - dh especially. How do you keep up your momentum. he is on the computer checking out cars, now fb (I signed him up), reads the news online, He is a lovely man without goals or hobbies.
I can exactly tell what his day is each day. same thing each day: up breakfast, sits all morning, goes to computer and reads and sees car videos, b&n daily - lunch. grocery store for one or two things, takes out the recycling daily, garbage bag, 4 pm sits until bedtime reading or sitting. Looking at cars.

He is a lovely man so I wouldn't complain but I let his low energy affect me.. how do you ignore it and keep focused. I always feel I should be sitting and chatting with him.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:07 pm

Blessed, we have the opposite problem. I feel guilty just sitting when DH is working around here. Sometimes I breath a sigh of relief when he goes off to work then I can take it easy without feeling guilty!
I guess you just have to set your own goals and not pay attention to him. Not easy.

I've been doing some computer work. Not much else got done. Dailies. I better get cracking.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Since I'm not doing what I need to do here at home, I'm going out to run some errands that I skipped yesterday:
-grocery
-drugstore
-vet for dog food
-Goodwill
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:29 pm

I'm like Harmony, I'm the slug in my relationship. Dh was up working for 3 hours in the middle of the night, night before last. I didn't even know.

Ds will be leaving soon. We'll do nothing about the finances for now. He's put an application in to the mortgage broker.

I'm going to drag dh out for a walk. It is a gorgeous day and he had 1600 steps yesterday (we were out with the car so at least he got out of the apartment.)

Return to “Post When You Can”